Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian takeaway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

as long as yis arent custard cousins.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

2smiggy wrote: »
    I gave my degenerate gambler of a cousin my bank card to collect my grub, 1 hour late now and no answer from his phone. Only good thing is the 700 daily limit.

No joke

Epic Phall

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I had one last thursday and immediately went into arse labour

I'm dying laughing at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Food lovely, and only 50 robbed from my account, so not too bad all around . Well 50 he has admitted

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

What's with all the toilet/yoilet and baby wipes talk? I love Indian food, always have a madras or vindaloo but I've never had this thing of needing the toilet badly from it. Is this really a common side effect??? :confused:

• Advertisement

Isolt wrote: »
    What's with all the toilet/yoilet and baby wipes talk? I love Indian food, always have a madras or vindaloo but I've never had this thing of needing the toilet badly from it. Is this really a common side effect??? :confused:
    i always find that people who say 'toilet paper in the fridge' have never actually had a vindaloo or phall. All I did last week after the phall was drop farts that would peel the paint off walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I could murder a bhuna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

It's probably exacerbating an underlying issue. Afair capsicum increases transit, irritates the lining of the bowels and increases the production of acid in the stomach, at least some of which is vacated down rather than up!
    Someone with perfectly healthy digestive tract might not notice the increase, but someone with ibs etc definitely would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Chicken balti pilau rice nan bread and vegetable samosa with a line can of coke

There you go SEPT 23 1989 ....... fyp! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It can be with some people apparently.

And if you go for something really spicey and you aren't used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

It's probably exacerbating an underlying issue. Afair capsicum increases transit, irritates the lining of the bowels and increases the production of acid in the stomach, at least some of which is vacated down rather than up!
    Someone with perfectly healthy digestive tract might not notice the increase, but someone with ibs etc definitely would.

I have ulcerative colitis but would never give up my indian food. Saying that they suggested i only eat white bread and boiled chicken or rice. Never had too much of a problem really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I have ulcerative colitis but would never give up my indian food.

Would you not get the ploppers after a curry so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjd8HobrTzA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭dmc17

2smiggy wrote: »
    Food lovely, and only 50 robbed from my account, so not too bad all around . Well 50 he has admitted

I'm not sure who's worse. Him for robbing your money or you for giving him your bank card knowing he was liable to rob you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Chillies are designed to burn and irritate, we shouldn't be eating them realistically, it's the equivalent of intentionally rubbing nettles on your skin. That said, you cannot uunder any circumstances beat a good curry. Much love for the thai variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What on earth is a yoilet? I googled it and it assumed I'd spelt "toilet" incorrectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You don't have to have a hoop on you like an Apollo 11 exhaust duct after an Indian grub-up, y'know! My favourites are a lamb or beef bhuna or jalfrezi, with a side-bowl of aloo channa and a balk a' keema naan. Daycint. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

A sweet creamy tandoori chicken curry with a bucket load of basmati rice, mopped up with a tennis racket sized slice of peshwari naan bread. With poppadoms on the side and before you start that, have about six deep fried, perfectly seasoned onion bhajis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

I recently had a Chicken Sambal from my local Indian Restaurant.

It's a traditional dish in India, rather than most of the other "Indian" dishes which were invented in Birmingham and London etc.

The Indian bloke serving it warned me that it was very very hot. He advised me not to go for it unless I was sure I knew what I was getting.

He was right. It was extremely hot.

About two/three hours after eating it, I went for a pee. A very uncomfortable and burning sensation.

That was it, no further problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Murt10 wrote: »

It's a traditional dish in India, rather than most of the other "Indian" dishes which were invented in Birmingham and London etc.

The Indian bloke serving it warned me that it was very very hot. He advised me not to go for it unless I was sure I knew what I was getting.

About two/three hours after eating it, I went for a pee. A very uncomfortable and burning sensation.

Congratulations.

You have chlamydia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A sweet creamy tandoori chicken curry with a bucket load of basmati rice, mopped up with a tennis racket sized slice of peshwari naan bread. With poppadoms on the side and before you start that, have about six deep fried, perfectly seasoned onion bhajis.

And for main course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭paulbok

I could murder a bhuna
    Lamb bhuna, mushroom rice, peshwari naan, cold beer.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What indian take away did you use ?

For restuarants try out Kinara in clontarf ... it's awesome food .

Pakistani food - but similar enough..

Murt10 wrote: »

I had a lamb gurka curry in england a couple of years ago, I too was warned that it was hotter than phall and they werent wrong. It was like drinking petrol then throwing a match down your throat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Congratulations.

You have chlamydia.
    You'd want to get the health inspector onto that establishment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

the_monkey wrote: »

Well, only sixty years ago they were all one country after all. I have an infuriating acquaintance (no longer friend for this and other reasons) who gets snobbish if he thinks a restaurant is run by Pakistanis rather than Indians, because he "doesn't like Pakistani food, only Indian". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm not a big lover of curry outside of the homemade ones made by my mother and aunt but on ocassion, I've tried the food from Indie Spice and it's quite nice. I tried a chicken tikka masala and it had chunks of meat the size of my head! The sauce was fragrent without being too spicy and it was accompanied by this lovely naan bread that had almond paste inside it. Gorgeous!
    Feck, this thread is making me hungry...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

the_monkey wrote: »

Pakistan run Indian Restaurant in Castletroy, Limerick seem to be lacking some of the vegetarian options. I was ball hopping them: 'surely with the large number of vegetarians in India yee would have vegetarian vindaloo on your menu.

They cook Chinese food as well. Plenty of beef dishes but no pork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭positron

YFlyer wrote: »
    Pakistan run Indian Restaurant in Castletroy..:D

Oh really? Their government, or is it under President's direct control? :P

I have never heard of 'phaal' before this thread, and I am from India! But then again, I hadn't heard of a lot of the dishes they serve here as Indian anyway. Large country I suppose, and rest are made up stuff with tonnes of cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you lived in Dublin I could recommend a great curry place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you lived in Dublin I could recommend a great curry place.

Please do !!

Advertisement