Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would Like to get to know him......

Options
  • 26-09-2020 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

I'm new here so wasn't quite sure where to post this. Thought it might be best to get advice from ladies :)
    The last week or so i get served by this drop dead gorgeous guy in a localish petrol station. I'd love to get to know him.....if he's single etc cause i don't know anything about him.
    I've never had a relationship before so don't really know how to approach him or chat to him without looking like a weirdo. After all he could already be with someone..

Comments

I know this isn't the advice you want but I'd strongly advise against approaching someone at their place of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I know this isn't the advice you want but I'd strongly advise against approaching someone at their place of work.

Cmon it’s a petrol station, it’s not like she’s marching into the middle of an office block.

begbysback wrote: »
    Cmon it’s a petrol station, it’s not like she’s marching into the middle of an office block.

I've never worked in a petrol station, but I've worked in retail and saw this happen plenty of times (albeit usually genders reversed):
    1. Customer hits on staff member, or even just seems enamoured with staff member.
    2. Staff member feels incredibly awkward but due to the imbalance of power in a retail role, continues to be friendly and feels unable to set customer straight. Might even give their number out because they're not sure how to say no, and figure there's no harm in it.
    3. Customer asks staff member out or starts texting/calling staff member and the staff member doesn't know how to handle it. Talks about it to colleagues.
    4. Everyone in the shop gossips about this customer and laughs at them behind their back every time they come in.
    5. Customer feels awkward, staff member feels uncomfortable.

And that's not even touching on the scenarios where the staff member ends up feeling sexually harassed (I'm not saying that's what would happen here).

Maybe the gender reversal would change things. Maybe the OP isn't a regular customer and doesn't care about awkwardness when they come into the station. Maybe the potential to really make a person uncomfortable at work is worth it for the chance that it might all work out. But I would still see it as inappropriate, and I think the potential negatives outweigh the potential positives.

I think it would be much easier to navigate an office romance to be honest, providing it was between peers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

follow him home look him up on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I've never worked in a petrol station, but I've worked in retail and saw this happen plenty of times (albeit usually genders reversed):
    1. Customer hits on staff member, or even just seems enamoured with staff member.
    2. Staff member feels incredibly awkward but due to the imbalance of power in a retail role, continues to be friendly and feels unable to set customer straight. Might even give their number out because they're not sure how to say no, and figure there's no harm in it.
    3. Customer asks staff member out or starts texting/calling staff member and the staff member doesn't know how to handle it. Talks about it to colleagues.
    4. Everyone in the shop gossips about this customer and laughs at them behind their back every time they come in.

And that's not even touching on the scenarios where the staff member ends up feeling sexually harassed (I'm not saying that's what would happen here).

Maybe the gender reversal would change things. Maybe the OP isn't a regular customer and doesn't care about awkwardness when they come into the station. Maybe the potential to really make a person uncomfortable at work is worth it for the chance that it might all work out. But I would still see it as inappropriate, and I think the potential negatives outweigh the potential positives.

I think it would be much easier to navigate an office romance to be honest, providing it was between peers.

Everything there seems to be about how other people handle it, or how the recipient handles it, both of which are outside of the op’s control, and I wouldn’t see it as in any way inappropriate, maybe a little discomfort for both parties for a short period, but to say it’s inappropriate is just ridiculous.

• Advertisement

You work with adults right? Sounds like teenage girls.

Op, straight out ask. It's simple and worse case scenario, he's flattered but says no. Don't creep on him over time, that's where it gets weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Surfingsoul

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I don't know his name so can't find him on facebook. I am a regular costomer

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jimmy Twotimes

I have no advice to give but goddamn the life these Chads lead...I mean women see you once and fall in love with you.

And all this because you were blessed with a strong jawline.

Advertisement