Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone fiber not working

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

blackbox wrote: »
    Back now in Wicklow, but seems slow.
    Wicklow too
    Speedtest says 25 down and 4 up
    About usual in recent months for Voda
    So around Christmas they are history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Back again in the last 15 minutes for me....Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Back and looking good in blanchardstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Comerman

Back in KK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭deadduck

The internet is back, but the VF TV box is still down. Not sure if that’s cos I changed the DNS or not. Managed to get the saorview hooked back up for the toy show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

DNS issue. Use 8.8.8.8 or / and 1.1.1.1

All credit too ya

How did you know? You just have them set already or a pihole?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

deadduck wrote: »
    The internet is back, but the VF TV box is still down. Not sure if that’s cos I changed the DNS or not. Managed to get the saorview hooked back up for the toy show

Same here, I have no clue how to change DNA setting or router setting. Would someone please walk me through it..3 v disappointed kids here tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

All credit too ya

How did you know? You just have them set already or a pihole?

No, I couldn’t resolve DNS names but I could ping external IP addresses. (I work in IT)

Mad it could be that simple when DNS is made to be redundant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭deadduck

weetiepie wrote: »
    Same here, I have no clue how to change DNA setting or router setting. Would someone please walk me through it..3 v disappointed kids here tonight

Have you a smart tv, or Apple TV or chrome cast? You’ll be able to get the RTE player going on any of those

• Advertisement

weetiepie wrote: »

It's repeated Sunday

There's rte plus 1 also

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Changing the DNS wont fix it completely ... some sites will load but it will be full of lags as still not 100% has to be sorted on vodafone end ... Many back online but still no tv for many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

robbiep958 wrote: »
    Changing the DNS wont fix it completely ... some sites will load but it will be full of lags as still not 100% has to be sorted on vodafone end ... Many back online but still no tv for many

About to say that - on VF ASDL and changed the DNS a few hours ago.

It’s weird. FaceTime, speedtest and WhatsApp work fine. But can’t open any websites or use twitter. On both VF mobile network and home broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Stupid question alert. I was fiddling with wires at back of router and can't remember where the yellow cable went. Should it be in the WAN port or one of the four LAN ports? It's a Siro gigabit job with a router and then the siro plug in the underneath. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Anyone here using Vodafone for cellular? Still stuck with no data on 3G unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Jlayay wrote: »
    Anyone here using Vodafone for cellular? Still stuck with no data on 3G unfortunately.

Yes, vodafone cellular still not working for me, same DNS issue applies. If you could reconfigure DNS on your mobile device it would probably work.
    Vodafone broadband and cellular suffering the same issue with DNS.
    Anything I updated DNS on (to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9) works fine

robbiep958 wrote: »

Why? Seems to work perfectly for me

Also used Google DNS servers for years previously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Gone again, worse than before. Not DNS this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

The auld pado timeout strikes again.

Overloaded pppoe servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭shane b

Vodafone 4G mobile data seems to be back on line now. I had no mobile data for most of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I've been getting a "no internet access" message on the wifi icon at the bottom right.

I set my VPN to UK and it seemed to work ok overnight but this morning I've just tried setting the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and it seems to be working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

Guys my wifi is still completely out and I'm going up the walls! I have a SIRO box and white modem. Called the helpline who advised to switch it on and off again, did not work. Otherwise there was a 99 minute wait for their helpline...Does anyone have a fix?? The 192 login isn't working either. I am working from home and really need it fixed by tomorrow so any help would be massively appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Guys my wifi is still completely out and I'm going up the walls! I have a SIRO box and white modem. Called the helpline who advised to switch it on and off again, did not work. Otherwise there was a 99 minute wait for their helpline...Does anyone have a fix?? The 192 login isn't working either. I am working from home and really need it fixed by tomorrow so any help would be massively appreciated :)

Have you tried a wired connection directly to the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 intersky69

Am I the only one still having problems with Vodafone’s services since last Friday? The broadband came back yesterday, but TV still down. I was on the blower for two hours this morning before I got someone from Support. She said she’d phone me back in a few minutes, that was at 11.55 this morning and I’m still waiting. Terrible customer service. I am only 3 months with them and considering how they treated me this weekend I would like to change provider. As far as I am concerned, I entered into a contract with Vodafone 3 months ago, but they are not delivering the service I am paying for, so I want out. If I did cancel, what issues should I expect ? Will other providers take issue with this ? There doesn’t seem to be any protections in this country for consumers. Comreg is toothless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

intersky69 wrote: »
    Am I the only one still having problems with Vodafone’s services since last Friday? The broadband came back yesterday, but TV still down. I was on the blower for two hours this morning before I got someone from Support. She said she’d phone me back in a few minutes, that was at 11.55 this morning and I’m still waiting. Terrible customer service. I am only 3 months with them and considering how they treated me this weekend I would like to change provider. As far as I am concerned, I entered into a contract with Vodafone 3 months ago, but they are not delivering the service I am paying for, so I want out. If I did cancel, what issues should I expect ? Will other providers take issue with this ? There doesn’t seem to be any protections in this country for consumers. Comreg is toothless.

A million apologies if this has already been tried, but I had the same issue after the Friday outage - internet was working but no TV picture on the TV box.
    So I power cycled it (i.e. pulled the plug, waited 10 secs and plugged it in again) - lo and behold I was told there was an update waiting, so I updated the box and TV was back again ...
    Just my experience with the recent outage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Anyone else having trouble with Vodafone wireless again today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Vodafone down all day for me (DSL connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Vodafone gone again wicklow FFS
    Anyone else?

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

They at it again? Cork

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

They at it again? Cork

Short lived. Carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Second night with Vodafone down in Dublin 14. No home office work for me. Never use Vodafone broadband again!

Advertisement