Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2019, 20:16   #1636
Grahamer72

I'm just wondering. With future BIOS updates, will the 16mb BIOS chip mean that all future BIOS's be limited on older boards?
Advertisement
19-07-2019, 20:18   #1637
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamer72 View Post
I'm just wondering. With future BIOS updates, will the 16mb BIOS chip mean that all future BIOS's be limited on older boards?

There's talk of removing Ryzen 1st Gen support but who knows at this point.
19-07-2019, 23:45   #1638
Polar101

I'm going to try if I can get the MSI B450M Mortar working next week when my 3700x finally arrives, and if there are issues I think I'll just wait till B550 releases next year. I don't like the X570 prices, and the fact that there are no mATX models (except one Gigabyte board?). And I really don't want a fan on my motherboard, that brings back bad memories from 15 years ago.
20-07-2019, 14:27   #1639
Grahamer72

Well, no luck for me. Managed to get the board to POST once. I keep getting the Red ez debug led for the CPU.
I've gone ahead and ordered an Aorus Elite X570. The MSI one is being returned to Amazon on Monday for a refund.
20-07-2019, 14:46   #1640
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Well, no luck for me. Managed to get the board to POST once. I keep getting the Red ez debug led for the CPU.
I've gone ahead and ordered an Aorus Elite X570. The MSI one is being returned to Amazon on Monday for a refund.

Advertisement
20-07-2019, 16:01   #1641
deceit

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Just ordered the Gigabyte Aorus extreme from mindfactory. Bit more expensive than I presumed it would be (790). Must not tell the missus
Ended up cancelling this order from Mindfactory as the expected date kept being extended and ordered it for about 100 more on scan.co.uk as I'm impatient. It was £795 sterling in the end. Finally posted today.
Has anyone else had any issues with trying to get the part you wanted?
20-07-2019, 16:02   #1642
.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamer72
Well, no luck for me. Managed to get the board to POST once. I keep getting the Red ez debug led for the CPU. I've gone ahead and ordered an Aorus Elite X570. The MSI one is being returned to Amazon on Monday for a refund.

Shame, worth a try. Is it the tomahawk for you too? Seems to be the main problematic one.

Let us know what you think of the aorus elite, bios in particular, seen complaints about that too but at least it will work!
20-07-2019, 16:22   #1643
Grahamer72

Quote:
Originally Posted by .G. View Post
Shame, worth a try. Is it the tomahawk for you too? Seems to be the main problematic one.

Let us know what you think of the aorus elite, bios in particular, seen complaints about that too but at least it will work!
It was the Gaming Pro Carbon AC. The X570 has shipped and will be with me on Tuesday. Won't get a chance to install it until Friday though. Will update once i've it up and running.
Thanks from:
21-07-2019, 02:11   #1644
witnessmenow

Quote:
It was the Gaming Pro Carbon AC. The X570 has shipped and will be with me on Tuesday. Won't get a chance to install it until Friday though. Will update once i've it up and running.
I'm actually kind of tempted to buy a 2600 til the whole thing blows over, there seems to bios complaints about everything and the x570 boards are almost the price of the 2600 more expensive than the b450 anyways...
Advertisement
21-07-2019, 06:22   #1645
Subcomandante Marcos

Anyone looking to buy a Zen 2 cpu and a b450 board, if you order them together from CCL they'll update the bios for you before shipping.
Shipping is only €11 once it's under 25kg to. So you can buy any b450, x470, b350 or x370 board from CCL and they'll automatically update the bios if it's ordered with a Zen 2 cpu.

I only figured this out because when I was about to order from amazon I realised the case I want is out of stock for 5-8 weeks, found the same case on ccl and realised their shipping was pretty cheap and the other parts are +/- the same price as amazon anyway so I might as well order the lot together. Also means I can order a mobo that doesn't have USB bios flashback giving me lots more options.

Last edited by Subcomandante Marcos; 21-07-2019 at 06:29.
21-07-2019, 22:28   #1646
H3llR4iser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcomandante Marcos View Post
Anyone looking to buy a Zen 2 cpu and a b450 board, if you order them together from CCL they'll update the bios for you before shipping.
Shipping is only €11 once it's under 25kg to. So you can buy any b450, x470, b350 or x370 board from CCL and they'll automatically update the bios if it's ordered with a Zen 2 cpu.

I only figured this out because when I was about to order from amazon I realised the case I want is out of stock for 5-8 weeks, found the same case on ccl and realised their shipping was pretty cheap and the other parts are +/- the same price as amazon anyway so I might as well order the lot together. Also means I can order a mobo that doesn't have USB bios flashback giving me lots more options.
I didn't know about them, thanks for the heads up - looking at their website now

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one who hates that shopping for tech HAS to happen online these days as retailers aren't there anymore - and it's not just an "Irish curse", it's the same for example in Italy, you can only find cheap ass laptops in generic appliance stores. But people only want cheap ass laptops, so...

I really miss the time when you could just drive up to a store and drive away with a boot full of component boxes (and an empty wallet). Sure the choice was kinda limited, but at least you didn't have to deal with deliveries, RMAs and various sh1t. Something was DOA, you just brought it back the next day.

Having been in a couple of MicroCenters in the USA I really, really envy them!

PS. R9 still nowhere to be seen

Last edited by H3llR4iser; 21-07-2019 at 22:35.
Thanks from:
21-07-2019, 22:45   #1647
Serephucus

I know what you mean. Particularly things like cases, monitors, fans. Stuff you really benefit from being able to pick up, or see/hear.

Practically speaking, I'm actually kinda glad we don't have a Microcenter. I do not last long in that place, whatever my intentions were going in.
(2) thanks from:
21-07-2019, 22:50   #1648
H3llR4iser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephucus View Post
I know what you mean. Particularly things like cases, monitors, fans. Stuff you really benefit from being able to pick up, or see/hear.

Practically speaking, I'm actually kinda glad we don't have a Microcenter. I do not last long in that place, whatever my intentions were going in.
Believe it or not, I ended up walking out of MC without buying anything two times out of two I've been in there!!! Not having space in the suitcase might have had something to do with it

But yes - monitors are the biggest issue for me; I'm EXTREMELY fussy about them and buying off a review, no matter how technical I know the reviewers to be (e.g. Linus, Jayz2Cents, GN, Bitwit etc.), doesn't make it for me
22-07-2019, 10:10   #1649
Headshot

I'm very close to canceling my order on Scan for the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, there's still no sign of it coming in stock.

I might purchase directly from AMD on Amazon instead as they only take money when it's actually shipped
Thanks from:
22-07-2019, 10:41   #1650
2Mad2BeMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llR4iser View Post
I didn't know about them, thanks for the heads up - looking at their website now

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one who hates that shopping for tech HAS to happen online these days as retailers aren't there anymore - and it's not just an "Irish curse", it's the same for example in Italy, you can only find cheap ass laptops in generic appliance stores. But people only want cheap ass laptops, so...

I really miss the time when you could just drive up to a store and drive away with a boot full of component boxes (and an empty wallet). Sure the choice was kinda limited, but at least you didn't have to deal with deliveries, RMAs and various sh1t. Something was DOA, you just brought it back the next day.

Having been in a couple of MicroCenters in the USA I really, really envy them!

PS. R9 still nowhere to be seen
Not to mention any Irish retailers that actually do stock some half decent gpus CPUs cases etc.. are way overpriced compared to UK market
Even Irish online sites are massively overpriced
I was in pc world the other day their monitors are ok for the average Joe soap but my God they be awful for gaming.
Harvey Norman's in tallaght has or at least had a gaming section for mech keyboards and an Acer predator monitor but the system it was hooked up too didn't do it any Justice and again it was way overpriced.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion