Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AliExpress issue

Options
  • 21-09-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I recently received a counterfeit Xiaomi powerbank from a seller on AliExpress and AliExpress have been horrific about the whole thing. I uploaded evidence etc. and they just canceled my dispute in favour of the seller despite other buyers having the same issue and some being refunded, others not. Have they gone completely rogue with their refund policy? Seems to be a lot of complaints on Reddit recently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is there any way that you can open a return for it? Or at least appeal the decision that they made. Never used AliExpress before so I'm not sure on their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is there any way that you can open a return for it? Or at least appeal the decision that they made. Never used AliExpress before so I'm not sure on their policies.

I tried that but they don't even seem to read what I'm saying and just side with the seller. They've closed the issue now as well. I'm going to try to do a charge back with revolut I reckon and never use AliExpress again

I purchased a few items from AliExpress in the past but was able to use Paypal at the time. I stopped using the site when they no longer had this as a payment option. At least when you used Paypal if there were any issues you could open a dispute and bypass AliExpress dispute process if they were giving you the runaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I reckon I'll do likewise. Not keen on them having my cc details either

Advertisement