Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Ferry or other options?

Options
  • 02-02-2021 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello there,

I've been trying to get in touch with the Old Liffey Ferry company by phone and facebook but to no avail.

Short story is we are getting married in Dublin the registry office in Feb and staying in the Mayson beside the Liffey. A very small thing with just us and 2 random witnesses unfortunately given the circumstances.

The idea was to ask them if it would be possible for us (Bride and Groom) to cross the river on The Old Liffey Ferry service?!

Not far I know but thought it'd be something cool to do if possible, like a short taxi sorta.

If any one has any way of contacting them, or any other suggestions that'd be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

According to their website they shut down in Nov 2019 and were to reopen March 2020 (no idea if that happened or not)

So even if covid hasn't done for them, they may not operate in February anyhow.

There's an email address on the website, have you tried that?
    For all corporate/private hire please email admin@oldliffeyferry.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LARGElittle

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    According to their website they shut down in Nov 2019 and were to reopen March 2020 (no idea if that happened or not)

So even if covid hasn't done for them, they may not operate in February anyhow.

There's an email address on the website, have you tried that?

Thanks for that, I'll email them there!

They were active last year per social media posts, even in September by the look of it.

Good point about not normally operating in Feb, cheers!

Advertisement