Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Over 400,000 Americans have died under his tenure and care, due to a pandemic he himself declared a 'war' and he a 'war time president.' We haven't lost that many Americans to a tragedy since the Civil War. He tried, in vain, several times to deploy the military in US Cities, and at our southern border. He was simply too busy waging wars at home and on television to give a toss about the rest of the world, and even at that he still has dropped more bombs than any other President save for FDR during WWII. Easily dropped more than Bush or Obama. https://www.2lt.com.au/trump-who-vowed-to-end-wars-has-dropped-more-bombs-than-bush-or-obama/

I think he is a day or two away from reaching the total number of US deaths in WW2. though of course that was over nearly 4 years not 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

the priority will be that minority owned businesses will have the same opportunity for assistance as every other business. this is somehow controversial to you.

but that's not what he said.
    granted he can hardly string a sentence together so he may have meant what you think he said but it not a sequel of "being john malkovich" called "being joe biden" so I don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think he is a day or two away from reaching the total number of US deaths in WW2. though of court that was over nearly 4 years not 1

mea culpa I got my numbers fudged a bit. Most US casualties since WW2 indeed.

I think once the next administration gets in though and starts poking around the paperwork we will discover lo and behold that the Trump administration is in fact downplaying the real figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

paw patrol wrote: »
    granted he can hardly string a sentence together so he may have meant what you think he said but it not a sequel of "being john malkovich" called "being joe biden" so I don't really know.

he used very plain language. if you didn't understand it that is down to you.

paw patrol wrote: »

Every time I hear someone allege he "can't string a sentence together" I just think 'this someone can't string together an actual argument.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Every time I hear someone allege he "can't string a sentence together" I just think 'this someone can't string together an actual argument.'

I just think of this:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

-Donald Trump

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

A new scientific committee is already earwigging Biden on Covid-19 being airborne. If he announces airborne, the 95/F2 grab will be on and the developing countries can kiss their supply goodbye.

Nervous about his hundred days of masking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Seanergy wrote: »
    A new scientific committee is already earwigging Biden on Covid-19 being airborne. If he announces airborne, the 95/F2 grab will be on and the developing countries can kiss their supply goodbye.

Nervous about his hundred days of masking.

Some serious grasping here. Evidence?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Perhaps by scientific committee he means the CDC, and by whispering he means public disclosure, and by new means from september/october?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/05/cdc-coronavirus-airborne-warning-426490

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

COVID-19 can be airborne, in certain circumstances. But not normally.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/how-coronavirus-is-spread.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Identity politics in full swing for the Biden campaign
    Appointing a qualified candidate to a suitable role. Clearly this man's wokeness knows no bounds.

How much of a fuss did you kick up when Ivanka Trump was sent to rub shoulders with world leaders on behalf of the United States despite having exactly zero qualifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

BattleCorp wrote: »

On Airplanes mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sabat wrote: »
    Looks like Danny DeVito dressed up for a skit.

That probably sounded funny in your head. Any contribution about whether she's qualified for the job or are you just here to make stupid remarks about her appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Best of luck President Joe Biden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

you are criticising him because he wants everybody to have equal access to assistance. think what that says about you.

No he doesn't. he said his priority is to black people, latinos etc. Leaving out ofcourse white people. As such he is not looking for everyone to have equal access.

<24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

<24 hours.

AJqcRWD.gif

Get a serious grasp on this, so https://covidactiongroup.net/

A new group have set themselves up and are seeking to add additional guidance to Biden’s Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board from a wider array of public health experts, including pandemic and aerosol experts.

As a science-based effort they aim to debunk falsehoods, from the downplaying of the pandemic to the undermining of the role of masks.
    Perhaps by scientific committee he means the CDC, and by whispering he means public disclosure, and by new means from september/october?

That would be a no, no and no and easy off on presuming I'm a bloke!
    BattleCorp wrote: »

HSE guidance is out of step, surely no need for me to provide a link/evidence for that.

Biden is airborne in less than 24hrs, that's what the thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I just think of this:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

-Donald Trump

Is that an actual transcript. It does sound like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭briany

Some great points made by Michael Moore on the latest episode of his podcast - those on the side of the people who invaded the Capitol on 6/1 will feel they got a victory in the war they're fighting. They may not have gotten all their objectives but today the Capitol is under tight lockdown, with 20,000 troops deployed, with those troops having to be vetted by the FBI to make sure none of them are closet Trump cultists. Security chiefs have been fired, or resigned, over their inadequate response, and the Confederate flag was flown inside the Capitol. They have to feel like they really rattled the country and made it very nervous, and have to be feeling mighty smug about it right now. Yes, those arrested by the FBI might not be feeling as smug, but I'm talking more about the movement in general.

So the takeaway is that violence, intimidation and just flat terrorism work, which I suppose is obviously why they're used. However, I think the inauguration will be a pretty quiet affair. They won't be dumb enough to try and attack the most heavily guarded place in the USA right now. The question is what they try next, because a lot of them have to be feeling rather emboldened to top what they did on 6/1.

• Advertisement

Seanergy wrote: »
    Get a serious grasp on this, so https://covidactiongroup.net/

A new group have set themselves up and are seeking to add additional guidance to Biden’s Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board from a wider array of public health experts, including pandemic and aerosol experts.

As a science-based effort they aim to debunk falsehoods, from the downplaying of the pandemic to the undermining of the role of masks.

Where does it say they're cutting off vaccines to developing nations?

H. H. Asquith

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

That probably sounded funny in your head. Any contribution about whether she's qualified for the job or are you just here to make stupid remarks about her appearance?

I'll pass on the healthcare advice from a man who chopped of his own penis thanks.

thread banned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'll pass on the healthcare advice from a man who chopped of his own penis thanks.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

joe40 wrote: »
    Is that an actual transcript. It does sound like him.

It's real.

Where does it say they're cutting off vaccines to developing nations?

I never said anything about vaccines, are you going to keep riding me for no reason?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't post in here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Levine was accused of removing her own mother from a personal care home, after creating a policy whereby nursing homes throughout the Commonwealth would readmit residents testing positive for Coronavirus after they were declared healthy enough to leave the hospital. Levine has stated that personal care homes (as opposed to nursing homes) do not fall under the jurisdiction of her own agency." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Levine

Can you refute the above?

According to your own link, "She won confirmation by the Republican-majority Pennsylvania Senate and has emerged as the public face of the state's response to the coronavirus pandemic."

Are the Republican-majority in the Commonwealth guilty of the same identity politics, or just Joe Biden? Why? What is your evidence beside the mere fact of her being transgender (assuming that is the 'identity' you are taking umbrage with, and not that she is a woman, or white, or blonde)?

Plenty to be concerned about. This person also supports giving puberty blockers to children. Thread below is worth reading.

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1351552566161625090?s=19

keano_afc wrote: »
    Plenty to be concerned about. This person also supports giving puberty blockers to children. Thread below is worth reading.

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1351552566161625090?s=19

So according to that thread she had the audacity to share a third party’s research indicating that it may be more beneficial/less-traumatizing to begin hormone therapy before the teen/pre-teen begins their puberty cycle.

Actually doesn’t that make intrinsic sense? You’re putting the person through one puberty instead of two, one of which is to transition into the gender they already identify as.

Other than that a couple complaints from former patients. And by a couple I mean, 2, in that thread. I’d be shocked if any doctor who has been in the business for decades hasn’t racked up at least a handful of complaints from dissatisfied patients. I don’t see any indication from the thread you linked to either of these cases resulted in malpractice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No, I don’t think it makes sense to give drugs to children that will make them sterile and cause issues with bone development, especially when the vast majority of gender dysphoric children grow out of it.

But I guess I’m old fashioned like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Advertisement