Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete home gym

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I can't find anything for sale from the Irish companies in terms of dumbbells. Even second hand dumbbells are few and far between. One website said stock is due back in by Paddy's Day.

There is a seller on done deal and adverts calling himself Dumbbell King, who makes them himself. Good prices and they look okay but has anyone bought and do you have any opinions?

try apollo fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I can't find anything for sale from the Irish companies in terms of dumbbells. Even second hand dumbbells are few and far between. One website said stock is due back in by Paddy's Day.

There is a seller on done deal and adverts calling himself Dumbbell King, who makes them himself. Good prices and they look okay but has anyone bought and do you have any opinions?

What sizes are you looking for?

Just looked at Gymless on Adverts and they have 22.5/25/27.5/30/35/40/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

What sizes are you looking for?

Just looked at Gymless on Adverts and they have 22.5/25/27.5/30/35/40/50

10-15kg per dumbbell. Just something to work the shoulders a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I went for the full kit from pullupmonster.com, agricultural looking granted but weight is weight. I haven't lifted anything much in years outside of vikingtrek classes, all my training had been just hours on end of fighting. But its good to be at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

10-15kg per dumbbell. Just something to work the shoulders a bit more.

Just as someone had mentioned it, gymmonster.ie, who make the pull up monster, do their own dumbbells. They do look a bit rough and ready but you'll get a pair of 10s for €100, 12.5s for €115 and a pair of 15s for €130.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

With iron prices up over 90% over 12 months and a recent quote I received for shipping a container from the port in China to a warehouse in Northern Ireland coming in at £15,800 (versus £2,200 or so pre covid) it's going to be quite some time before we see cheap gym equipment - unless current owners flood the market with used equipment when gyms reopen.

Advertisement