Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Has anyone who has moved in so far been able to get internet broadband set up? Someone mentioned a while ago that only mobile broadband is available at the moment. We should be moving in in July and would be handy for WFH if proper broadband was already set up!

Hi! Still only mobile broadband available in the estate at the moment. A neighbour was talking to someone from KN connect and they said they hope to lay down the broadband wiring in the next 1-2 months but that's not a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

By any chance does anyone have the dimensions per room of the 3-bed semi-d or terraced houses?

I know there are approximations on Sherry Fitz but they don't include the hall/landing and also there may be a few changes as the pictures were originally estimates I believe?

We are having a look at floor options and are trying to see what supplies would be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Wormy001 wrote: »
    By any chance does anyone have the dimensions per room of the 3-bed semi-d or terraced houses?

I know there are approximations on Sherry Fitz but they don't include the hall/landing and also there may be a few changes as the pictures were originally estimates I believe?

We are having a look at floor options and are trying to see what supplies would be needed.

Wormy, just emailed you on the measurements Harley Heels kindly sent on to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BucketListers

Hey folks, we got a rough date that'll they'll let snaggers in for our house, how long did it take between snagging and getting the keys for any of you who've moved into the first row in castle farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Hey folks, we got a rough date that'll they'll let snaggers in for our house, how long did it take between snagging and getting the keys for any of you who've moved into the first row in castle farm?

Hi,

There was roughly 4 weeks between the time we had our snag completed and being given the keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

I’ve heard that repairing what’s on your snag list can take up to a month. It depends what you put on your snag list. If there’s very little it will probably take less time...

Plants have gone in for phase 2, it looks great.

To anyone who’s had a snag list done (in Castle Farm)....what were the main issues that came up for snagging?..in case we miss anything... They’ll probably be similar for all houses..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Hi all,

Does anyone know what company has supplied the grey herringbone flooring in the 4bed show house number 23? I’ve attached a photo.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Does anyone know what company has supplied the grey herringbone flooring in the 4bed show house number 23? I’ve attached a photo.

Thanks!

Hey

The company is Pat's Carpets Ratoath and it's Castle Grey Herringbone

I’ve heard that repairing what’s on your snag list can take up to a month. It depends what you put on your snag list. If there’s very little it will probably take less time...

Plants have gone in for phase 2, it looks great.

To anyone who’s had a snag list done (in Castle Farm)....what were the main issues that came up for snagging?..in case we miss anything... They’ll probably be similar for all houses..

Would be interested to know what issues came up in snagging also if anyone can let us know. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ed.juniper4

Hi everyone! Just came across this thread at the weekend and have found it really helpful. We have purchased in phase 2 of the estate - seems like there is a great community already! I see some of you have mentioned you are due to snag mid June, unfortunately we have not received word of the same-although the row looks complete...We were really hoping to be in by the end of June.
    I know some have considered adding an island to the the 3 bed- just wondering if you have looked into this as we are considering the same? We are also hoping to convert the attic- if you could PM a quote that would be great. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone! Just came across this thread at the weekend and have found it really helpful. We have purchased in phase 2 of the estate - seems like there is a great community already! I see some of you have mentioned you are due to snag mid June, unfortunately we have not received word of the same-although the row looks complete...We were really hoping to be in by the end of June.
    I know some have considered adding an island to the the 3 bed- just wondering if you have looked into this as we are considering the same? We are also hoping to convert the attic- if you could PM a quote that would be great. Thanks!

Hi Ed,

We are in the same phase as you (the last row I'm guessing?). I actually asked the builder last week about snagging and they said it will more then likely be mid-late July. With those dates in mind it will probably be Mid-late august before we close on the house unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Wormy001 wrote: »
    Hi Ed,

We are in the same phase as you (the last row I'm guessing?). I actually asked the builder last week about snagging and they said it will more then likely be mid-late July. With those dates in mind it will probably be Mid-late august before we close on the house unfortunately.

Same here .... Phase 2 houses .... can confirm the same estimates provided by EA/builder - mid-end'july, for initial inspection, then add another few weeks for the snagging, final inspection/closing dates...
    Even though houses look ready on the ouside, there is still lots going on inside - electricity,heating,insulation,walls, etc etc etc;

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ed.juniper4

We are actually in the second row behind phase 1- Numbers 33-42, that's why I wasn't sure had we missed a message from foreman or if that row is being done in sections? Foreman had told us a while back that it would be about 6 weeks from reopening on April 12th and would probably be mid June for snagging so that's why we were surprised we hadn't heard any further. It's a tough waiting game but great to see developments being made each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Hey

I’m in same middle row 33-42. I think we’re due to be snagging within next few weeks. Foreman has been in touch regarding getting final valuation etc. The last row only had scaffolding come down recently so might be more internal work left to do in them? I’m only speculating on last row, really not sure if they’re a few weeks behind! :)
    We are actually in the second row behind phase 1- Numbers 33-42, that's why I wasn't sure had we missed a message from foreman or if that row is being done in sections? Foreman had told us a while back that it would be about 6 weeks from reopening on April 12th and would probably be mid June for snagging so that's why we were surprised we hadn't heard any further. It's a tough waiting game but great to see developments being made each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

Anyone who has had the attic converted in the 3 bed properties does the conversion (stairs) take away from any of the bedrooms/walk in wardrobe? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Homie125 wrote: »
    Anyone who has had the attic converted in the 3 bed properties does the conversion (stairs) take away from any of the bedrooms/walk in wardrobe? TIA

Hey, Check page #7 in this thread, Raighne01 posted some pictures from the completed works on landings to the attic in a 3X bedroom in this estate - no space was needed to be taken away from any of the rooms, nor other space needed to be lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

Prices and properties have just been released for next phases. Best of luck to you all! We ended up buying elsewhere in Meath so one less FTB to compete with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Prices up by 35 to 40K per house type since December.
    4 bed at 500K, 3 bed end of terrace at 410-420K and mid-terrace to 390K.

Big money for FTB even with HTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

ongarite wrote: »

Where are you finding the prices?

I got emailed an invite to the release of the last 2 phases this Friday with prices for all 22 houses.
    If its anything like last phase, if you haven't booked a slot now they will all be gone by 1pm on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FTBloo

Hey, just wondering if anyone that has tried to book a viewing for this Friday or Saturday received any confirmation from SherryFitz? We emailed almost straight away but haven't heard anything back? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

FTBloo wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if anyone that has tried to book a viewing for this Friday or Saturday received any confirmation from SherryFitz? We emailed almost straight away but haven't heard anything back? Thanks

I emailed within 10 minutes and still have not received anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

Do you know what was the price in last phases for 3 bed semi ?

The price list I received today for 3 bed semi has price between 425-430K. I am wondering what was in phase 1 and phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

is that 4 bed a semi d? thats an awful price. just had a quick look there are a few 4 beds in dunboyne some less than that price others a little more (but in nice established estates) - thats huge money like mad money. of course its the increase in building supplies being tacked on but also the htb premium aswell

merikahan wrote: »
    Do you know what was the price in last phases for 3 bed semi ?

The price list I received today for 3 bed semi has price between 425-430K. I am wondering what was in phase 1 and phase 2.

3 bed semi-d was 395K in phase 2 from December.
    There was only 1 unit in that phase, number 43.
    is that 4 bed a semi d? thats an awful price. just had a quick look there are a few 4 beds in dunboyne some less than that price others a little more (but in nice established estates) - thats huge money like mad money. of course its the increase in building supplies being tacked on but also the htb premium aswell

The 4-bed are semi-d,3-storey house so same basic footprint as the 3-bed units. 2 of the units are asking 510K which is insane, both have slightly larger gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

3 bed semi-d was 395K in phase 2 from December.
    There was only 1 unit in that phase, number 43.

The 4-bed are semi-d,3-storey house so same basic footprint as the 3-bed units. 2 of the units are asking 510K which is insane, both have slightly larger gardens

jesus christ. i mean i get the reasons why - but you just dont know what you will get with a new build. look at dunboyne castle estate! i know they had major issues (some still do) with pyrite, scary money for what it is. half a million quid for a semi d in co meath

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

FTBloo wrote: »
    cromelex wrote: »
    I emailed within 10 minutes and still have not received anything back.

Just got an email from them confirming having received over 350 requests for the viewings and gone on a first come, first served basis.

10 minutes was already too late, looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Freedom2022

I emailed exactly 7 minutes after I got the email this afternoon at 2.28. Just got the reply that they dealt with over 350 email on a first received - first responded basis but they are now fully booked for both days. Ridiculous!!! How they fill all appointments in 6 minutes? Or they send the emails to some people earlier in the day. I got the invitation on another email address 3 hours later. It must be a premium list! Very annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

Sorry to anyone who wanted & didn't get viewing, I appreciate the market is crazy but seriously the greed attached to those updated prices. 30 to 45k increases, the 2 bed is 350k its just ridiculous.

We registered but didn't bother responding when we saw the price increases. I know others will be in more difficult positions and it just goes to show the level of desperation if 350 emails arrived in a short time.

• Advertisement

I emailed exactly 7 minutes after I got the email this afternoon at 2.28. Just got the reply that they dealt with over 350 email on a first received - first responded basis but they are now fully booked for both days. Ridiculous!!! How they fill all appointments in 6 minutes? Or they send the emails to some people earlier in the day. I got the invitation on another email address 3 hours later. It must be a premium list! Very annoyed!

As far as I know their list of emails for this phase was well into the thousands. Depending on the system they have setup for their emails I'd imagine there was quite some time between emails. I received one 6 minutes before you for example. Very unfortunate for everyone that the supply is far far smaller then the demand :(

Advertisement