Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

RE: Brian Kendrick.

People are looking for a conspiracy about the timing, I really don't think there is one. The guy hasn't had a match in WWE in well over a year and even then I think you'd have to go back years to see a notable match. He got his biggest match in like a decade and got headlines for being a free agent and naturally that lead to some bringing up of his 'theories'. In fact I will say I was made aware of his Sandy Hook thoughts on Sunday after Ronda's return (as she is apparently also a believer in that sh1te). People who are saying that no one knew this, I think most people were probably in the same boat as me and plenty others who thought he had some weird but not offensive beliefs about flat earth and the moon landing (he was even on New Day's podcast apparently discussing weird stuff) but the Holocaust thoughts and the like are beyond the pale and new to many. I think once his name became prominent again, people started talking and it naturally lead to the depths of his theories to be exposed.

AJ Styles also apparently has some weird theories but again it seems to be dumb stuff mostly nothing harmful. AEW made the right call to not have him on a show with such a prominent Jewish wrestler in MJF especially on what was going to be his biggest win to date. His apology doesn't wash for me but people are allowed to change and grow. Then again, he was in his early 30's and if we're going back to Sandy Hook it was less than a decade ago, so we can't give him the he was only young defence really.

Anyway Dynamite was great. Loved the MJF/Punk match and interested to see where Punk goes from here. Also really enjoyed the direction they're going with Bryan/Mox, just a very different approach. I really hope we're getting something new for Adam Cole post OC now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dynamite was quite good bar one giant pile of sh1t in it.

Mox - Yuta was a good match and the Danielson promo after was very good. Tag match was good as expected. Nyla and Ruby was meh but I like Nyla so that helped. The promo segments were ok at best really but then MJF Punk fully delivered and was fantastic.

The pile of **** was whatever that Brandi and Lambert promo was. I've no idea why they even ran with that, was Lambert meant to be a face?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,341 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hodors Applecart

Genuine question - who do people hate Brandi so much?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to agree on the Brandi thing and I've no idea what they are planning with her? The segment was awful but I do enjoy Dan Lambert at times but what was the point having a heel/heel promo battle. The only reason Lambert got cheered was because of the go ahead heat Brandi has, plus she cant even wrestle to back anything up so this match against Van Zant could be awful.

Apart from that it was a really good show, wasnt expecting MJF to win but it make sense and looking forward to Wardlow turning face. Glad they are going down a different route with Mox/Bryan instead of rushing straight into the feud.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't mind her as a person and I think it's clear she does a lot of good (Heels thing AEW have), and I really like Cody's work (bar the QT and Ogogo stuff)

But in ring, she's not great but she thinks she is and promo wise, she's had a lot of awful ones (both ones against Lambert so far, Nightmare Collective). Her on screen stuff should be as Cody's manager/valet, matches on Dark and Elevation and mixed tags with Cody. She shouldn't be expected to carry promos or feuds as she's not that good. Just makes it worse when you put her across from Lambert who's spiel is one note but he can talk. Its also two people who have go away heat with a lot of the fans so just not a good idea in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Have to say I agree totally with you.

Big fan of AEW but I just don’t get how they have Hangman as their world champion. I do like him but he just doesn’t scream main event at all. I really hope he drops the title soon. Although I doubt he’ll do it to Archer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Harland clearly knew something

As for Brandi, at the rate she's winning matches on Dark she'll be number 1 contender. She's beaten Kilynn King who was actually on a winning streak for a while last year and Willow Nightingale who I see in multiple promotions, including being champion and/or number 1 contender in those promotions.

I wonder if that's why they haven't updated the rankings this week yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Mox/Danielson segment was great - really good to see something different than them heading straight into a feud.

I'm thinking Adam Cole will go after Hangman next? Or maybe MJF could be next in line I guess? He might be busy with Punk and/or Wardlow for a while yet though.

Agreed with everyone on the Brandi segment. She has no business in such a high profile spot.

Punk v MJF was really good. I'm not sure I like the ref restart, but with MJF winning in the end anyway I'm ok with it - I wouldn't like it to be a regular thing though. Never want to see that Punk backwards hurracanra again either - that landing looked terrible. Loved the subtlety of Wardlow passing the ring to MJF and how it was not picked up on until the replay - class touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just watched the Brandi/Lambert segment, I was entertained. That bulldogs comment got me. Terrible slap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I've assumed all along since I started watching AEW I was just missing something with him. I mean he's grand, and he can go in the ring so no issues with him being in and around the main event scene but I would never have seen him as THE guy.

Rampage is such a great hour of wrestling.

Adam Cole needs to be the new World Champion.

Andrade's new character is great.

Britt hiring Mercedes Martinez to take out Thunder Rosa.

Powerhouse Hobbs in the fur coat :)

Starks has charisma to burn and some great interaction with the fans during the match and landing the Roshambo out of the Lethal Injection was class.

After Brandi named dropped him on Dynamite.

Is that a contract in his hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Fantastic episode of Rampage.

Looks like we are finally getting Thunder v Britt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thunder vs Britt for Revolution then?

Hope this means a big programme for Adam Cole, haven't loved how he's been used so far. Starks is money, he'd be a great TNT champion. The reversal finisher was awesome and the match was excellent. Even though I think the Hobbs/Dante spot was a bit unnecessary sort of draws attention to AEW's refs being a bit lax, which I don't mind but maybe don't draw attention to it.

Those tweets by Tony are so strange, he's being very verbose. Not to mention if they're a free agent how can it be the forbidden door? It's leading to all sorts of weird speculation that someone is going to break contract to show up on Dynamite (seen the likes of Ali and Jeff Hardy touted) which I can't imagine happening as amazing as it would be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, it feels like Tony is overhyping someone, who I'd guess will either be Alexander or Lee. And I like both, but by heavily implying it's someone from the likes of WWE breaking contract, it's only going to hurt whoever does debut.

Maybe it's Shane O'Mac....

He's explicitly said they're a free agent so why are people thinking someone will be breaking contract? I'd say Josh Alexander probably.

I don't know why he's mentioning "forbidden door". That's usually when someone under contract to NJPW/Impact shows up for a few shows. This will obviously be a free agent signing (and he said it would be)

I'm a fan of Josh Alexander but I think a lot of viewers will be thinking "who?" Like when Ethan Page had his debut. I don't think they should hype it up too much if it's Alexander because people will be disappointed. Probably should be one of the WWE releases and a more known name.

Don't a lot of NJPW contracts expire at the end of January each year? so maybe it is someone that's not even thought about. I'd love to see them get Jay White eventually. Think he's under contract for a few more years though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Don't watch many of Lethal's matches unfortunately but I love the touch from the announcer declaring him from "Eee-lizabeth, New Jersey" Randy Savage style. When I started back watching wrestling in the last few months thanks to a friend that got me into AEW I didn't think I'd regularly watch Rampage but for its length it really is enjoyable.

Also any one else fallen into a rabbit hole on youtubehausen watching videos of a certain new signing?

Rampage has been a great addition overall. The odd uneventful week but most weeks you get some great matches and it advances some of the feuds.

It will not be ali but I would say it would be interesting if ali did turn up and khan backed him financially too challenge the wwe independent contractor status of his contract.

Ali definitely not the wrestler for Tony Khan to back in that kind of challenege to the WWE he adds little to the AEW product if he was join other than another eally soild hand which the roster is already stacked with.

Oh man I just saw someone Twitter say the free agent coming throught the Forbidden Door is Cody!

That would be just pure heat magnet sh1t on Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Could it even be Jeff Hardy or does he have a non-compete?

I wonder who this Blake Li is that QT has lined up to take on Hook next week.

Blake Li is clearly a fake name and has to be a ringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ooh that would be some top notch shithousery...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I do adore Rampage 1hr shows, just such an easy watch.

That main event match was unreal and the guys just stole the show. Starks best match to date and that finishing was just brilliant, what a counter tbh

• Advertisement

Rampage was enjoyable again. Highlights being Starks' interactions with the fans, that counter finish and the Britt/Mercedes vignette setting up about 4/5 angles in a minute.

I'm assuming we're building to Rosa Vs Britt at Revolution and Cole Vs Page.

Advertisement