Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

I don't see your point.
    I mean how would covid not affect hospital services?
    It doesn't make them hypocrites for saying it, because its true really.

The state should have took over every private hospital so we wouldn't have as big a backlog

They also should have employed every single person who was qualified and returned home to answer Irelands call. They left loads of them stranded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I completely agree.
    Others have claimed covid played little to no role regarding housing, homelessness and health when the figures painted a more favourable picture of government. They would be the ones I'm referring to.
    As I said, it will now, rightly, be accepted covid played a role in such things.

What others?
    It's difficult to see how lockdowns and suspension of services can't have a knock on affect really.
    I'm not one for trying to say things are happening that aren't, but I'd imagine there are very few who believe that any govt service hasn't been affected by covid one way or another.
    I don't see how restrictions could be applied without this happening.

The state should have took over every private hospital so we wouldn't have as big a backlog

They also should have employed every single person who was qualified and returned home to answer Irelands call. They left loads of them stranded

Taken over?
    We did a deal with them in lockdown 1thatcwas heavily criticised.
    Employing every single person might have actually spread the disease even further if the health service was staff heavy.
    I'm not saying more couldn't have been done.
    But soundbites like employing every single one might be over the top.
    Listening on radio today I heard that our biggest problem now with getting our health service back on track is a severe lack of consultants.
    That probably needs addressing as well as having more beds and icu places available at short notice.
    Luckily and narrowly escaped in this lockdown we just managed to keep up with demand, but only just.
    Moving forward I hope that's addressed as well as bed spaces and perhaps more outside of the major hospitals.
    The biggest failing of the last 20 years for me is the bed closures and accident and emergency closures countrywide as these services seem to be under pressure and not enough hospitals or beds to cope with everyday health outside of covid and before covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What others?
    It's difficult to see how lockdowns and suspension of services can't have a knock on affect really.
    I'm not one for trying to say things are happening that aren't, but I'd imagine there are very few who believe that any govt service hasn't been affected by covid one way or another.

Hard to believe I know but some on these very threads have argued covid played little role in the homeless/hospital numbers.
    Whether they genuinely didn't is for them to say. As I say, now I expect were all on board with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,248 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That doesn’t make any sense at all. The private hospitals are currently treating patients at the moment so they don’t have any spare capacity. All you would change is the people who are on the waiting lists, you won’t reduce them, and in doing that, you will be spending hundreds of millions for no return.

• Advertisement

What others?

There is a theory out there that because COVID reduced public services, homelessness went downwards. If that is true, there are real questions about the exaggeration of the homelessness problem over the last half-decade. However, it is more likely to be false, as government policies are beginning to have an effect.

So the court challenge against predicted grades has failed. The government must have done something right.

blanch152 wrote: »
    So the court challenge against predicted grades has failed. The government must have done something right.

Congratulations to the Govt.

They got something right

Whens the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Two in a row.

O’Doherty and Wurzel Gummidge cleaned out

Court challenge against predicted grades thrown out

All we need now is Rocket Man to get a good spell in the Big House

Then we can break out the sparkling vino.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day,

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day,

That covers a lot doesn't it.
    But then there's working clocks that are never right at all.
    Tick tock and cuckoo can happen and never be, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Two in a row.

O’Doherty and Wurzel Gummidge cleaned out

Court challenge against predicted grades thrown out

All we need now is Rocket Man to get a good spell in the Big House

Then we can break out the sparkling vino.

I count two in a row where you're labelling names on political figures.

Pretty sure you're in this very thread whinging about same.

Consistent as ever.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I count two in a row where you're labelling names on political figures.

Pretty sure you're in this very thread whinging about same.

Consistent as ever.

There’s an old saying that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

That covers a lot doesn't it.
    But then there's working clocks that are never right at all.
    Tick tock and cuckoo can happen and never be, right.

It actually does. Govt supporters lauding the decision of a court case as a victory. What next is a win for this desperate govt?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It actually does. Govt supporters lauding the decision of a court case as a victory. What next is a win for this desperate govt?

We had government opponents cheer-leading the various court cases over the last few months. It turned out to be very damp squibs from that perspective, no harm in pointing that out.

Shock Horror

Where's everyone who was saying the other day I couldn't have known the figures

We didn't even receive 100,000 yet our Govt are promising 100,000 a week

Chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Shock Horror

Where's everyone who was saying the other day I couldn't have known the figures

We didn't even receive 100,000 yet our Govt are promising 100,000 a week

Chaos

Thats dinengenous ,Astra are at fault there not the government
    Have a little positivity

The Govt promised 100,000, they failed to deliver. I was aware when i posted it there was a delay but the Govt and supporters said 100,000 will be done.

Why didn't they come out and say oh we will be 20,000 short? This was known to them last week

Misleading the public

You can only administer vaccines that you have.

If the HSE set a target of administering 100,000 vaccines based on receiving 100,000 vaccines, then there is a problem in the HSE if you receive 100,000 and only administer 80,000. However, if you only receive 80,000, then the problem is the fault of the manufacturer who failed to deliver.

If that happened in a normal situation, you would just cancel the contract. In this case, cancelling the contract would mean getting 0 vaccines instead of 80,000, which illustrates how much pharma companies have governments over a barrel on this one.

There is a theory out there that because COVID reduced public services, homelessness went downwards. If that is true, there are real questions about the exaggeration of the homelessness problem over the last half-decade. However, it is more likely to be false, as government policies are beginning to have an effect.

You know it's true. We discussed it 5 times. I showed you proof, 5 times. Yet you believe in, as you say, unicorns and rainbows after ner a decade of worsening crises suddenly turning a corner during a global pandemic, despite the facts being shown to you, 5 times.
    Yes there was a dip prior to covid but the numbers we've seen have been explained and shown to you every time you pull this tale from where ever...
    I see you are some form of a Q-anon type Trumper with the 'fake news' of the crises everybody, literally every party and politician and social group agree exists. It was deemed a national emergency by the then FG government.
    The thing that defies logic and the facts, as shown to you 5 times, is the belief that after nearly a decade of record breaking worsening crises, you think 'government policies are beginning to have an effect' :)
    What were they doing while we broke records in these crises, bidding their time? :rolleyes:
    Were you at the protest saturday?

Here's the last time I reminded you of the time before we had this chat and I showed you links.

Here's another one with citing you dismissing 'the charity industry', which you accepted the other week because the numbers suited you.

And another...

As I said...
    I can post this every few months you raise this like it wasn't debunked before. Now, this is where you disappear for a few days.

There’s an old saying that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Yeah the Greens are ****ed.

• Advertisement

The Govt promised 100,000, they failed to deliver. I was aware when i posted it there was a delay but the Govt and supporters said 100,000 will be done.

Why didn't they come out and say oh we will be 20,000 short? This was known to them last week

Misleading the public

You'll be accused of expecting zero covid any time now ;)

You can only administer vaccines that you have.

If the HSE set a target of administering 100,000 vaccines based on receiving 100,000 vaccines, then there is a problem in the HSE if you receive 100,000 and only administer 80,000. However, if you only receive 80,000, then the problem is the fault of the manufacturer who failed to deliver.

If that happened in a normal situation, you would just cancel the contract. In this case, cancelling the contract would mean getting 0 vaccines instead of 80,000, which illustrates how much pharma companies have governments over a barrel on this one.

I understand that but why when they knew last week they wouldn't receive the 100,000 did they not come out and tell the public?

We had government opponents cheer-leading the various court cases over the last few months. It turned out to be very damp squibs from that perspective, no harm in pointing that out.

Now I'm not on boards much ;), but I often read your claims and for the life of me can never recall these 'man with two pints' posts.
    Maybe there was one or two I missed but can you post any quotes?

By the way, if the government was doing a competent job half these threads would gather dust. You'll note any time they are criticised there's an example or point.

I understand that but why when they knew last week they wouldn't receive the 100,000 did they not come out and tell the public?

A doctor called an 87 year old ten minutes before she was leaving the house thinking she was getting her shot. The doctor claimed he'd only found out.

It's likely, based on form, they were trying to avoid bad press at the cost of the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Did they know?

In other news,interesting article in the Irish times from McDowell

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/michael-mcdowell-fianna-f%C3%A1il-risks-being-a-mudguard-in-waiting-for-sinn-f%C3%A9in-1.4499380

Basically saying it will be Taoiseach Mary lou and Tánaiste [insert FF leaders name here] after the next election and that vradakar will get his earnest wish to Relish being the leader of the opposition

Nobotty wrote: »
    Did they know?

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/michael-mcdowell-fianna-f%C3%A1il-risks-being-a-mudguard-in-waiting-for-sinn-f%C3%A9in-1.4499380

Basically saying it will be Taoiseach Mary lou and Tánaiste [insert FF leaders name here] after the next election and that vradakar will get his earnest wish to Relish being the leader of the opposition

Not quite what he says, but that is certainly a believable outcome from here. On the other hand, the current coalition look like they will easily have the numbers as well.

FF will be able to choose.

Some interesting charts here re vaccination. It seems that Ireland is in the top 10 of countries fully vaccinated. https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/01/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

Nobotty wrote: »
    Did they know?

Of course they knew, they knew last week they wouldn't have 100,000. They def knew by Friday. Why not come out then and say look wer 20,000 short instead of misleading the public

Some interesting charts here re vaccination. It seems that Ireland is in the top 10 of countries fully vaccinated. https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/01/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

Do you mean 24th for vaccine roll out?
    10th in people got the two jabs. I mean if we'd only two doses and gave them to one person we might be number 1 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Do you mean 24th for vaccine roll out?
    10th in people got the two jabs. I mean if we'd only two doses and gave them to one person we might be number 1 :rolleyes:

Oh, Dear. Monkey hear no good? Get over it. We’re on schedule and will soon be open for business again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement