Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECG Watch recommendations

Options
  • 27-01-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the correct forum, please move if not thanks.

Can anyone recommend a personal ECG/Heart Rhythm Monitor in a watch form that I can wear 24 hours day and download the information to laptop or the likes? It needs to record the tracing of a heart rhythm/ECG and not a heartbeat or heart rate monitor.

Not looking to spend a lot of money on it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

vicwatson wrote: »

Can anyone recommend a personal ECG/Heart Rhythm Monitor in a watch form that I can wear 24 hours day and download the information to laptop or the likes? It needs to record the tracing of a heart rhythm/ECG and not a heartbeat or heart rate monitor.

Thanks in advance.

I could be mistaken but I really doubt there is any watch that can give an accurate ECG when it worn around the wrist. Any kind of clinical test requires a 12 lead ECG in order to give an accurate recording of the electrical activity of the heart. i just don't see how this would be possible in a watch.

Thanks in advance.

Actually seen an add on facebook today for the very thing.
    Can't for the life of me remember the name though.
    Approved by medics apparently and 24hr ECG monitoring.
    If your on FB a search might bring it up.
    If I see it again I'll come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Actually seen an add on facebook today for the very thing.
    Can't for the life of me remember the name though.
    Approved by medics apparently and 24hr ECG monitoring.
    If your on FB a search might bring it up.
    If I see it again I'll come back!

Thanks as I’m not on Facebook that would be great

I could be mistaken but I really doubt there is any watch that can give an accurate ECG when it worn around the wrist. Any kind of clinical test requires a 12 lead ECG in order to give an accurate recording of the electrical activity of the heart. i just don't see how this would be possible in a watch.

It doesn’t have to be “hospital” accurate cheers

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

It doesn’t have to be “hospital” accurate cheers

It's either accurate enough to detect an arrhythmia or it's not, theres no inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

What about the Withings ScanWatch

Blurb
    ScanWatch is the first hybrid smartwatch to continuously scan vital parameters to detect heart health conditions and help improve overall fitness.

ScanWatch boasts a medical-grade ECG, an oximeter for SpO2 measures, and an exceptional battery life of up to 30 days.

ScanWatch was developed with professionals from world-renowned institutions.

It's either accurate enough to detect an arrhythmia or it's not, theres no inbetween.

Well its seems there are plenty on the market then offer the capability

Thanks as I’m not on Facebook that would be great

Finally popped up on Facebook! If you havnt found one..

https://www.movesense.com/movesense-medical/

Advertisement