Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Feenie wrote: »
    "loughnane lowered the blade again today"
    what exactly does that mean?

Have you ever played hurling Feenie? Read the paper that Loughnane writes for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

Figerty wrote: »
    Have you ever played hurling Feenie? Read the paper that Loughnane writes for.

I'm not on twitter so I didn't see it until someone posted it

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

thesultan wrote: »
    They have them in Fraher field..

We do indeed but Fraher Field isn’t our county ground. Would be strange to spend millions on Walsh Park to make it a suitable venue & then play home league games in Fraher Field under lights.
    The lights in Fraher are of course well utilised for club championships.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Considering 1 side of the pitch is a river doing anything with Cusack Park in relation to flood lights will be very difficult, the original plan was to move the pitch over Aldi and have it at an angle so you could get to it from all 4 sides and have loads of space around it but the money for Aldi was more important at the time, all of which was wisely invested into consultants for the stadium that was to be built out on the by-pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Clareman wrote: »
    Considering 1 side of the pitch is a river doing anything with Cusack Park in relation to flood lights will be very difficult, the original plan was to move the pitch over Aldi and have it at an angle so you could get to it from all 4 sides and have loads of space around it but the money for Aldi was more important at the time, all of which was wisely invested into consultants for the stadium that was to be built out on the by-pass.

You'd hardly need to go that far back. Plenty space from pitch to back walls behind the covered terrace to fit in lights without going near the river.

You'd hardly need to go that far back. Plenty space from pitch to back walls behind the covered terrace to fit in lights without going near the river.

Then you'll be blocking exit routes and stuff, Cusack Park had enough problems with the fire officer rather than brining floodlights into it

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭caddy16

Definitely, the river would have no impact on floodlights. In fact the river and school at that side of the ground would be a help. It's the close proximity of houses at the Tesco side that might cause the biggest issue.

Would 4 lights (1 at each corner) be enough? I always thought for GAA that you'd need 1 at the the middle as well because of the size of the pitch but I'm open to correction, if 4 was to be enough you'd probably be able to put them in but how high would they have to be?

Personally, I think there's been way too much money wasted on Cusack Park, when it was last done up it should have been done properly but there's no point in going down that rabbit hole. It's fine for what it is, which is a county ground that'll fill out maybe twice a year for the Munster championship league matches. The fact that the pitch is deemed unplayable for vast amounts of the year makes me wonder if evening matches would be any good for it

Would 4 lights (1 at each corner) be enough? I always thought for GAA that you'd need 1 at the the middle as well because of the size of the pitch but I'm open to correction, if 4 was to be enough you'd probably be able to put them in but how high would they have to be?

Personally, I think there's been way too much money wasted on Cusack Park, when it was last done up it should have been done properly but there's no point in going down that rabbit hole. It's fine for what it is, which is a county ground that'll fill out maybe twice a year for the Munster championship league matches. The fact that the pitch is deemed unplayable for vast amounts of the year makes me wonder if evening matches would be any good for it

I would think 4 would be fine. The pitch has been good for the last few years, drainage works made a huge difference.
    Agree that no money should be spent on it by the current regime but in time with proper planning and resources it needs to be brought up to scratch.

• Advertisement

Who said it's unplayable.. the pitch has been the one thing they got right in the past few years. It's far superior to what it was 10 years ago. and that was way better than 20 years and that was better than 40 years ago.

Who said it's unplayable.. the pitch has been the one thing they got right in the past few years. It's far superior to what it was 10 years ago. and that was way better than 20 years and that was better than 40 years ago.

Have you ever tried to put a cone on the hallowed ground that is Cusack Park????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

article in the sunday times today, https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clare-remain-a-club-in-crisis-dsepite-approval-for-a-new-committee-ztf6ns66f?t=ie

On the first Sunday in November, a week after Clare lost by ten points to Limerick in the Munster championship, the hurling panel gathered in Ennis for a full-on training game. The mood in the county was sour. The gates in Cusack Park were locked. Permission to use the field had been sought and given, but nobody from the county board was on hand to let them in. So, eventually, they broke in: a lock on one of the gates was forced with a sledgehammer.

It captured a year of recurring awkwardness between the Clare county board and its flagship team. Within weeks of Brian Lohan’s appointment as manager in October 2019, problems surfaced. In December he chased the board for money owed to the team’s strength and conditioning coach and ended up paying the money from his own pocket, four days before Christmas; in mid-January, Lohan was reimbursed.

In the early months of last year, Lohan reportedly sent 29 emails to county secretary Pat Fitzgerald about team affairs, each of which went unanswered. A meeting was arranged to thrash out this breakdown in communication; in this arena there was no shortage of back-and-forth. At the heart of Fitzgerald’s response was his insistence that the work was being done, regardless of the emails.

Gaps continued to appear. The away League match against Wexford was targeted as a key game by the Clare management and they stayed in a hotel in Waterford the night before. The bill, though, was not settled on their departure, and Lohan took it upon himself to chase the payment with a series of calls and emails.

The post-match meal was not covered either. The hotel manager discreetly pursued Lohan to the team bus and politely explained the situation. Lohan settled the bill on his credit card. A few days later, he was reimbursed. The county secretary had not been present at the team meal.

Attempts by the Clare management to trim expenses were also met with curious resistance. For the past few years the team had been renting a 10-year-old GPS tracking system, comprising 18 pods that could not produce real-time data during matches or training sessions. It had reportedly cost about €18,000 a year.

Lohan and his management team, however, sourced a state-of-the-art system from Statsports, similar to the one used by Liverpool football club and the German national football team. The package included 40 pods, a laptop, an iPad, heart monitors and the critical capacity to deliver real-time data. The deal would cost €15,000 a year for three years, after which the equipment would be owned by Clare. When the proposal was brought to the board, however, they were slow to break ties with their previous supplier. The deal was done, but the Clare management could not understand the delay.

Returning after a long lockdown changed nothing about the mood. When Clare resumed training on September 15, they started at Caherlohan, Clare’s €5m centre of excellence. According to those present, the pitch was “like a meadow,” and completely unsuitable for hurling.

After that the hurlers ditched Caherlohan, and approached five clubs who gave them use of their facilities for the rest of the season. Clare struggled to the All-Ireland quarter-finals, carried there by Tony Kelly’s genius, and were eliminated by Waterford. Along the way Clare beat Wexford in the qualifiers, a game that crystallised again the long-standing acrimony between Lohan and Wexford manager Davy Fitzgerald, son of Pat Fitzgerald. After the game Davy Fitzgerald criticised the verbal abuse aimed at him throughout the game by a member of the Clare backroom team “who was sent there to do it.” Lohan denied any such strategy.

Sourcing training gear was not a problem and post-training meals were provided without trouble. Pat Fitzgerald was also generous in his appraisal of Clare’s season in his 2020 report to annual convention.

“I would say I’m getting on reasonably okay with Brian Lohan,” he told the Clare Echo before Christmas. “I have treated him with the courtesy he deserves and I think, to be fair to him, he has done the same to me. There is a view out there that I wouldn’t be supporting team managements, and that is the opposite.

“It is no state secret that people would think I would not support Brian Lohan, [but] as far as we can, as a county committee, without putting ourselves into difficulty, we will support Brian, and the same with Colm Collins (the football manager).”

But the mood remained uneasy. The abuse aimed at the Fitzgeralds on social media intensified. Rumours and half-truths were dressed up as facts. Seven years after their last All-Ireland hurling title, and five years without a championship victory at under-20 level, with Limerick surging ahead and other competitors modernising their business, frustration came to the boil.

At Clare GAA’s annual convention, Éire Óg of Ennis proposed a motion inspired by a letter distributed to clubs in October by club member Niall O’Connor — son of former Clare joint-manager Gerry O’Connor — outlining the declining state of Clare GAA on all fronts and seeking a new, independent committee to perform a root-and-branch strategic review. Although the letter avoided directly criticising Pat Fitzgerald, the implications were clear: Clare needed to think again.

The board’s response was four committees focused on finances, managing the Caherlohan facility and one each for underage hurling and football. A list of names linked to the committees subsequently appeared in the local media, prompting some of those mentioned to distance themselves from the committees or walk away entirely. Most significantly, Davy Fitzgerald was included on a list of potential candidates to join the hurling committee, privately prompting an angry reaction from Brian Lohan. It reignited talk of Fitzgerald being gradually reintroduced to Clare, and forced Clare chairman Joe Chaplin to deny suggestions that Lohan had resigned as manager.

Last Friday week, Éire Óg pitched a seven-man-committee filled with Clare-born business leaders to undertake the review. The motion was slated for debate last Tuesday night and billed within Clare as a seismic moment. A motion described by Éire Óg “as a once in a lifetime opportunity,” was seen by many others as Fitzgerald, the long-standing figurehead of Clare GAA, facing off against the reformers. Everyone knew something would have to give.

ON THE LAST lap into Tuesday night’s meeting, Éire Óg felt they had enough support to get their committee over the line. Opponents of the proposal had argued hurling would become the committee’s sole focus, not a comprehensive examination of every aspect of Clare’s business. Others framed it as a power-grab and a push against Pat Fitzgerald. None of those arguments gained traction.

“This is a brilliant motion,” Christy Murray, the delegate for Sixmilebridge — Fitzgerald’s club — said at Tuesday’s meeting. “We decided if there had been some input from the county board we’d back it 100 per cent . . . there’s a lot of work gone into this and we need to move forward. But there’ll have to be some input from the county board or otherwise we’re wasting our time.”

On the night, county chairman Jack Chaplin had already confirmed the committee would require a board representative with backing from Éire Óg delegate Rory Hickey. As the debate unfolded into an unchallenged show of support for the Éire Óg plan, Niall Romer, Kilmaley delegate, aired a rumour circulating all day in Clare, asking whether any member of the Clare executive had reached out to Éire Óg before the debate.

Jack Chaplin: “I know nothing about it, a call being made to any Éire Óg club . . .”

NR: “So there was no call made? I want that placed in the minutes please.”

JC: “Not by me anyway.”

NR: “By someone on the executive.”

JC: “I know of nobody.”

The suggestion of a meeting made some clubs uneasy as the week unfolded. Had the committee’s independence been compromised before they even began?

“We were made aware before Tuesday night that the board accepted the motion and would be recommending the motion,” Éire Óg chairman Jimmy Cooney says in response to whether a meeting took place. “That’s all I’ll say on it. We were asked would it be okay if the chairman makes a statement to that effect. Our position and only concern was that the motion be put to the floor and passed. If the executive supported the motion, that would be a help in that regard.”

Some officials insisted the committee couldn’t proceed under GAA rules without a county board presence. In practice, most clubs sided with the need for a board presence if the committee was to make any tangible progress.

“The hang-up seems to be on the word ‘independent’,” Cooney says. “If there is representation from the county board or contact [with the county board], that doesn’t dim the committee’s independence. The independence we had in mind was independence of thought and ideas, that the thrust of whatever plan is put in place at the end of this period is from independent minds. But that can’t happen without some input from the county board. An independent committee cannot submit a report without some support from the executive in terms of fact-checking and data.

“You can’t have a situation where a totally independent group works on its own without any contact with the body to whom it will present its report. That’s not to say the county board will have a majority voice or anything like it. We want to avoid at all costs a report produced by a group so connected and dyed in the wool in the GAA that it’s incapable of independent thinking.”

In his Irish Daily Star column on Wednesday morning, former Clare manager Ger Loughnane captured some of the concerns still lingering after the night before. “The county board are not brave going with this,” he said. “They just sensed the tide had turned against them — the game was up. This was a fight the county board couldn’t afford to lose and it’s the first time they’ve backed down. This will give courage to everybody but watch as the board tries to delay this new body at every turn and ensure change comes at a pedestrian pace.”

He also described Clare GAA as “firmly in the grip of the Fitzgeralds”. Pat Fitzgerald, he wrote, had “lost touch with what was required” to keep Clare competitive and “supervised the collapse in standards on and off the field in Clare.”

To many GAA people in Clare, Fitzgerald’s 31 years as secretary bear comparison to Frank Murphy in Cork before him. Both men held the office for decades and continued well into their 70s. The terms of Fitzgerald’s employment have also been subject of speculation within Clare for years. In response to the latest question about his contract, from Éire Óg delegate Rory Hickey at December’s convention, Fitzgerald’s answer was pithy.

“My first contract was in 2009 and the second one was in 2016,” he said. “That will answer your question, you are an intelligent guy.”

In response to further questions from The Sunday Times about Fitzgerald’s employment status last week, a Clare GAA spokesperson confirmed Fitzgerald’s wage is paid entirely by Clare GAA and his current contract expires in 2023. Croke Park have made no contribution to Fitzgerald’s salary since 2016. An extension to that deal also hasn’t been ruled out.

“It may well be that the county board would canvas Pat Fitzgerald to stay on,” replied Clare PRO Michael O’Connor. “I’m not saying that they will but they might. Whoever are the officers of the Clare County Board at that stage might well decide to do that. I cannot comment. Should they do so, it would be a matter for Pat Fitzgerald as to whether he was interested or not.”

The Éire Óg committee has committed to delivering recommendations within six months of being appointed with the county board also setting up committees governing finance and Caherlohan, as required by GAA rules. Although the board have yet to fill the underage hurling and football committees, Brian Lohan is reportedly receptive to joining the hurling committee.

Winter despair gave way last week to a hopeful spring, but the mood is tempered with caution. Approval for the new strategic committee is viewed by many in Clare as a potential watershed. Others wonder if the clubs were given their moment last Tuesday night, with the board ready to dictate the terms of engagement from here on. Tonight, members of the new committee will join a Zoom call with representatives of Éire Óg to begin their work. Everyone seems on board, within the committee and beyond. For now.

and second article (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wexford-hurling-manager-davy-fitzgeralds-rates-bill-clash-may-prove-his-toughest-yet-2x82g3b9k?fbclid=IwAR0KdG9RQEhTgnXG3TCIXldRTKVCZQWejKEIKYTIAjAVbbW4r6QwuNGgsAc), saying clare county coucil is sueing davy for rates. and garda investigation into claretimes facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/claresupporter/
    The Sunday Times has established the sender of the email is a Clare GAA supporter based overseas, who is the administrator of The Clare Times, a Facebook page that has more than 13,000 followers.
    Clare county council is taking legal action against Davy Fitzgerald, the Wexford hurling manager, to recover unpaid commercial rates and legal costs that amounted to €53,520 in 2015.

Details of the debts owed by Fitzgerald, who has won three All-Ireland titles with Clare as player and manager, were released following a Freedom of Information Act request to the council.

Fitzgerald, who is the co-creator and co-star of two RTE shows, Ireland’s Fittest Family and Davy’s Toughest Team, owes the money from commercial rates on the Bellsfort Inn, a pub near Newmarket-on-Fergus. Records show the council originally got a judgment against him in February 2014 for €35,261, with €650 in legal costs. The local authority began a second set of proceedings in June 2015 over €17,609 in unpaid rates for 2013 and 2014 on the same pub, following a chief executive’s order.

Fitzgerald’s Clare team celebrating All-Ireland success against Cork at Croke Park in 2013
    Fitzgerald’s Clare team celebrating All-Ireland success against Cork at Croke Park in 2013
    DAVID MAHER/SPORTSFILE
    The council has refused to release 24 other internal records dealing with the debts as they relate to legal proceedings. A schedule shows there have been numerous letters from the council to its own solicitor, and others sent either directly to Fitzgerald or to his solicitor over the debts.

A payment plan dated July 2016 was not released. The most recent record in the council’s file is from last May.

A close friend of Fitzgerald’s said last week that he disputes the amount that has been sought in rates by the council, which is why the case has dragged on for years. Fitzgerald’s friend said the Wexford manager would not be commenting directly on the legal actions due to an ongoing garda investigation into alleged online abuse he and his father Pat, 75, the secretary of Clare GAA, say they have suffered.

Fitzgerald’s friend said gardai are expected to submit a file to the director of public prosecutions on the abuse in the next fortnight, and added Davy and Pat Fitzgerald believe negative stories about them are part of a wider campaign.

On The Late Late Show last month, Fitzgerald said he and his father had been subjected to “online bullying” for four to five years. He said they had “pages and pages” of evidence.

Pat Fitzgerald has been secretary of Clare GAA since 1990, a paid position that keeps him at the heart of GAA action in the county, where his son was the hurling manager between 2011 and 2016.

Gardai obtained a District Court search warrant in Dun Laoghaire last July against Google over a message sent to a Clare GAA email address in September 2019. The garda application said it was investigating “an unknown person” who had “engaged in criminal conduct”.

The Sunday Times has established the sender of the email is a Clare GAA supporter based overseas, who is the administrator of The Clare Times, a Facebook page that has more than 13,000 followers.

The man behind the page, who asked not to be identified while the garda investigation continues, insists he has done nothing wrong. He said the Clare Times page did at one point have several other administrators, but he had since taken control and stopped any posts that were “close to the line”. The Clare supporter said he believed Pat Fitzgerald had remained in power for too long in Clare GAA, and the Facebook page had raised concerns about this.

Also discussed on the page is an alleged lack of transparency around a Clare supporters’ fundraising committee involving Davy Fitzgerald while he was the county hurling manager.

In his autobiography At All Costs, Davy Fitzgerald wrote that “every single cent” raised by the supporters’ club went to the senior and underage teams and that “I never took a single cent for myself”. He said every detail was presented to the audit committee and it made his “blood boil” when “smart arses” ask: “Where did all that money go?” Those who had questions should “ask the audit committee [and] the county board”.

Last week Clare GAA said independent supporters’ clubs “would have nothing to do with the county board”. It said the fundraising committee involving Fitzgerald and the subsequent support committees all operate outside the remit of the county board’s audit committee.

“From the Clare county board perspective — and for other counties as well — they are of great help in keeping the costs of the board down and supporting the relevant activity, whether hurling or football,” it added. Clare GAA also said it exclusively paid for Pat Fitzgerald’s contract, which expires in 2023, adding “it may well be” that the board would ask him to stay on after that.

"I bought a pub in the middle of the pandemic. I bought it in a lovely seaside town called Lahinch."

May come back to haunt him....

"I bought a pub in the middle of the pandemic. I bought it in a lovely seaside town called Lahinch."

The fact that he says that any questions about the supporters club money could be answered by the audit committee but the county board say that its nothing to do with them so no audit committee is needed.

Considering he actually bought the pub just before the Irish Open in 2019, long before anyone had ever heard of Coronavirus, he’s talking out his posterior.

Considering he actually bought the pub just before the Irish Open in 2019, long before anyone had ever heard of Coronavirus, he’s talking out his posterior.

Perhaps the name over the door doesn't always mean ownership?

I noticed this goes back to 2014. IMRO were owed money also at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hearing there is more headlines and revelations about Clare gaa in the Sunday newspapers.

About time the heat come on the “family”

Hearing there is more headlines and revelations about Clare gaa in the Sunday newspapers.

About time the heat come on the “family”

All not well in the Bridge as well.

• Advertisement

There isn't anything in the Sunday Times anyway

There isn't anything in the Sunday Times anyway

Dermot Crowe in the independant apparrently.
    They have now got their hooks into it.

https://www.facebook.com/claresupporter/

Very hard for the County board to go after the Clare Times if the allegations are true. Still no excuse for personalised attacks no matter what we may think of them positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like the Sunday papers could be full of more interesting info on Clare gaa. We are now a complete laughing stock with that Family at the head of proceedings.

Hopefully the net is coming for them soon and we can get the right people in place in Clare gaa. We are an embarrassment at the moment.

From the man who exposed the FAI and Delaney.

https://twitter.com/marktighest/status/1370415207055507459?s=21

https://twitter.com/marktighest/status/1370730213143896067?s=21

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dd15c756-8450-11eb-b349-cb6bdd05284f
    Clare GAA reveals it had no oversight of club committee that raised €65,000
    Clare GAA has revealed it had no financial oversight of a fundraising committee that raised tens of thousands of euros under former manager Davy Fitzgerald, despite GAA rules requiring it to either incorporate such accounts or to circulate them at its annual convention.

Last week Niall Romer, a member of the Clare hurling backroom team, said he had asked Fitzgerald, now the Wexford manager, about what had happened to money raised for the Clare supporters’ club between 2012 and 2015 at a match between the two counties last year. Fitzgerald, whose father, Pat, is the secretary of Clare GAA, had claimed he was verbally abused at the match.

In his recent autobiography At All Costs, Fitzgerald said “every single cent” raised by the Clare supporters’ club went to the senior and underage teams, and added: “I never took a single cent for myself.”

He said it made his “blood boil” when “smart arses” asked: “Where did all that money go?” Those with questions should “ask the audit committee” and “ask the county board”.

Last week the GAA set out the rules governing supporter clubs in a statement to The Sunday Times. “All entities raising funds in the name of the association should operate under the control of the relevant county committee, with their accounts incorporated into the county committee accounts,” it said. “If separate accounts are produced, they should be circulated with the county accounts at the annual county convention.”

The GAA said the rules had been in place since the 1990s and “the majority” of county supporters’ clubs had their accounts incorporated into their county’s annual accounts and were audited as part of that process.

However, Clare GAA said this was not how it worked with the county’s supporters’ club. In a statement issued by its public relations officer it said: “How the money is raised or who they get it from has nothing to do with the county board. As I understand it, the supporters’ club to which you refer was initiated in 2012 and had its own committee, and the intention was to raise funds in Ireland and the United States to help defray the costs for the Clare senior hurling team. It is my understanding [its] committee remained in existence from 2012 to 2015.”

It said that after Fitzgerald’s term as hurling manager ended in 2016, a new support committee was set up by the new managers, Donal Moloney and Ger O’Connor, with the same objectives. “The current (historically and present) supporters’ clubs are outside of the Clare county board, and its audit committee. [They] are independent and accountable only to their members.”

Fitzgerald’s spokesman said he would not comment on questions about the Clare supporters’ club while a garda investigation was continuing into allegations that he and his father had been abused online.

The Sunday Times has seen an email sent from a committee member of the supporters’ club to a potential donor in October 2013. It said: “The whole ‘supporters’ club’ entity is a tricky one. We operate independently of the county boards and the GAA in reality. We are designed and set up to help the senior hurling team financially. Davy and a voluntary committee run
    the supporters’ club and we are not only non-profit, we [are] also somewhat under the radar.”

The email said: “We don’t really want to go down the road of audits.”

The Clare supporters’ club involving Fitzgerald used the GAA and a sponsor’s logo on its fundraising documentation. It claimed to have raised €65,000 to spend on the senior hurling team in 2012 and 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

“We don’t really want to go down the road of audits.”
    A fairly damning statement for a fund raising committee to be making

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

roashter wrote: »
    “We don’t really want to go down the road of audits.”
    A fairly damning statement for a fund raising committee to be making

Is there a suggestion that significantly more than €65k was raised?

Jizique wrote: »
    Is there a suggestion that significantly more than €65k was raised?
    There's more than a suggestion, a lot more I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bonzothedog

I'm seeing anything upto €1m according to clare times Facebook page!! surely this sounds unrealistic
    Then again there are claims made that many US based ex pats were handing out cash back in the day.
    Mad stuff altogether - realistically should any Clare team tog out while this is ongoing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

caddy16 wrote: »
    There's more than a suggestion, a lot more I would think.

There were at least 4 cities visited on the 2013 USA whistle stop tour, the money bring thrown about at each stop was huge, they didn't get it home in a wash bag.

• Advertisement

I can't say I'm too impressed with a proposed member of the new committee going on a podcast talking about stuff in the post, this committee is supposed to be impartial, even if we agree with what he's saying he needs to be impartial

Advertisement