Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hell and Back pricing

• 26-02-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭

Got an email today for Hell and Back in September this year.

I've done two H&B so far, a Tough Mudder and maybe half a dozen other races.
    Checked the pricing and for Sept 2021 it's €66 for an early bird 13k, €78 normal price.
    I checked back and a ticket for the 2016 H&B in Sligo for €40 and €50 in 2018.

Tough Mudder in Lough Crew was €67 (early bird) and I remember thinking that was pricey, although it was 17k and very well put together.
    Runamuck in 2017 was €35.

Where the jump in price coming from? The obstacles are the same, the course is similar. Are they looking to make money after COVID, or was it always this expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Got an email today for Hell and Back in September this year.

I've done two H&B so far, a Tough Mudder and maybe half a dozen other races.
    Checked the pricing and for Sept 2021 it's €66 for an early bird 13k, €78 normal price.
    I checked back and a ticket for the 2016 H&B in Sligo for €40 and €50 in 2018.

Tough Mudder in Lough Crew was €67 (early bird) and I remember thinking that was pricey, although it was 17k and very well put together.
    Runamuck in 2017 was €35.

Where the jump in price coming from? The obstacles are the same, the course is similar. Are they looking to make money after COVID, or was it always this expensive?

They’re obviously growing in popularity so the organisers were always gonna increase the price and make as much as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’d say there’s additional costs to ensue Covid compliance

€10 parking is taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Yermander

I’d say the increase is due to COVID compliance measures, where it is hard to predict the estimated cost due to changing restrictions. Also they might be restricted on number of entrants so trying to make up for that.

Also could be a bit of opportunitism as they know events like these will be in huge demand if they go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Yermander wrote: »
    I’d say the increase is due to COVID compliance measures, where it is hard to predict the estimated cost due to changing restrictions. Also they might be restricted on number of entrants so trying to make up for that.

Also could be a bit of opportunism as they know events like these will be in huge demand if they go ahead.

I'm sure you're right, but it just smacks of money grabbing.
    I am a big fan of H&B, its great craic, but the guts of €80 for what is essentially a cross country run, plus a dozen obstacles is a bit of a joke.

The same price would get you a ticket to Quest.

Advertisement