Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download Festival 2019

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hoping they bring Knotfest over here or a version of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zwillinge wrote: »

I enjoyed Slipknot, thought they were great considering Shawn's personal situations.

Will definitely try see them on their next tour.

Is the other percussionist still Chris?

I'll likely only see them on new album tour if they come here, have to make do with Graspop this week for now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The lineup on Saturday is shockingly weak to be fair outside of epica, carcass and batushka I’d struggle to drag myself to any of those acts. I Think the days of these big 3 day metal fests are numbered. Many will probably restructure to a bloodstock like size and more small niches ones will pop up which is fairness may be no bad thing.

You're nuts if you think the days of Download or similar festivals are numbered. I've been since 2013 on the trot and this year was by far the busiest year I've seen in general. Main stage had a decent crowd round the clock, second stage was as busy as I've ever seen it round the clock, and the tents were nowhere near big enough to accommodate the crowds that were assembling. Andy Copping has confirmed that ticket sales are on par with last year when GnR headlined and that was one of the highest selling years they've had in a while.

Saturday's line-up wasn't shockingly weak for many people. For me it was one of the strongest line ups I've seen across one day. Between Power Trip, Skindred, Trivium, Behemoth and Alien Weaponry, main stage was stacked all day, and that was before Slipknot even took to the stage to close things out. I appreciate this is all subjective, but general consensus on the forums, and round the arena and campsite was that this was the strongest year Download has seen for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

frag420 wrote: »
    They’re were terrible, the sound was awful too. 20 years since I first seen them live and they have gone downhill since!

Anyways at least we have Lamb if God, Tool, Anthrax, Slayer to look forward tontoday!

Is this in relation to Slipknot? Having seen them at least 10 times since 04 and having caught their last 3 download headline sets , this was as good as I've seen them in years. Cory's vocals were on point, band sounded as tight as ever, setlist even had a few surprises. And I'm not sure where you were standing but the sound was phenomenal across the majority of the arena. We were at the front for the first two thirds and then took a wander to get beers and escape the mud, and not once did the sound dip in quality regardless of our position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

goon_magee wrote: »
    You're nuts if you think the days of Download or similar festivals are numbered. I've been since 2013 on the trot and this year was by far the busiest year I've seen in general. Main stage had a decent crowd round the clock, second stage was as busy as I've ever seen it round the clock, and the tents were nowhere near big enough to accommodate the crowds that were assembling.

Don't see it myself healthy I think I mean I was at Graspop where Hellfest falls on the same weekend and both were sold out! I've always said it time and again those tents at Download are a waste of time and pretty pathetic for a major festival.
    Saturday's line-up wasn't shockingly weak for many people. For me it was one of the strongest line ups I've seen across one day. Between Power Trip, Skindred, Trivium, Behemoth and Alien Weaponry, main stage was stacked all day, and that was before Slipknot even took to the stage to close things out. I appreciate this is all subjective, but general consensus on the forums, and round the arena and campsite was that this was the strongest year Download has seen for years.
    Behemoth and Trivium were strong showings at Graspop too, Slipknot played to the biggest crowd I've ever seen for a band at GMM outside of Maiden and Rammstein. Pity we didn't get Alien Weaponry.
    Is this in relation to Slipknot? Having seen them at least 10 times since 04 and having caught their last 3 download headline sets , this was as good as I've seen them in years. Cory's vocals were on point, band sounded as tight as ever, setlist even had a few surprises.
    At Graspop they were the best I've seen in years too,has to be the first time I've seen them not play Wait and Bleed or Eyeless. Prosthetics and Vermilion were great to get and Unsainted was stunning live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Is this in relation to Slipknot? Having seen them at least 10 times since 04 and having caught their last 3 download headline sets , this was as good as I've seen them in years. Cory's vocals were on point, band sounded as tight as ever, setlist even had a few surprises. And I'm not sure where you were standing but the sound was phenomenal across the majority of the arena. We were at the front for the first two thirds and then took a wander to get beers and escape the mud, and not once did the sound dip in quality regardless of our position.

The setlist wasn't much of a surprise if you were following the previous setlist on the tour, they haven't made one change since starting the tour, that annoys be a bit as bands that i've seen usually try to shake it up a bit by playing 1 different song or a mash up. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park was very good with this in his solo tour this year, he was aware that fans were following him around Europe and so he changed the setlist every night, you didn't know what he was going to play until the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There is a festival highlights show on tonight (and tomorrow night, not sure) on Sky Arts at 9pm.

Advertisement