Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly exercises

Options
  • 29-08-2018 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone know of a good video series that shows a healthy 75 year old woman what exercises would be good to maintain strength and flexibility especially in the legs and joints?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Don't know of any videos (check YouTube) but the NHS have a 5-week Strength & Flex podcast that's designed for people starting from pretty much zero. Like, it's really basic. I downloaded it for something to do on my c25k rest days but abandoned it as it was too easy, but it would be perfect for what you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dankore

I know it's never too late to start exercising. I started training six months ago. I follow the nutritional program -60. I lost 15 lbs, now I'm trying to make my body more muscular. I want to have more heart shaped bottom. Therefore, twice a week I train this particular part of my body. When I started to train, I noticed that my life became more active. I began to sleep less, but I feel more healthy, I spend the weekend not in bed, but on walks with friends. I began to walk more, I enjoy cycling with my boyfriend, and the most important thing is that the sport has brought me inspiration and creativity, my brain is resting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

Dankore wrote: »
    I know it's never too late to start exercising. I started training six months ago. I follow the nutritional program -60. I lost 15 lbs, now I'm trying to make my body more muscular. I want to have more heart shaped bottom. Therefore, twice a week I train this particular part of my body. When I started to train, I noticed that my life became more active. I began to sleep less, but I feel more healthy, I spend the weekend not in bed, but on walks with friends. I began to walk more, I enjoy cycling with my boyfriend, and the most important thing is that the sport has brought me inspiration and creativity, my brain is resting more.

You came into an elderly exercise discussion thread to promote your website and talked about getting a heart shaped bottom and going cycling with your boyfriend... but it's never too late lol:) at least you tried to adapt the spam by adding in the first sentence to relate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Don't know of any videos (check YouTube) but the NHS have a 5-week Strength & Flex podcast that's designed for people starting from pretty much zero. Like, it's really basic. I downloaded it for something to do on my c25k rest days but abandoned it as it was too easy, but it would be perfect for what you describe.

Would require a video rather than a podcast for that generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Google exercise snacking. It's meant to be good for elderly. I think some study found an increase in muscle and strength in a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement