Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair card

Options
  • 25-02-2021 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'd like to ask why I got a card for a simple post in v&v.
    Specifically as a previous poster implied I had an eating issue. My post was not meant in any way maliciously, was just questioning why *i* was mentioned & not the other.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi, have you Pm'd the mod to try and resolve it with them before coming here? That's the first step of the DRP process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi, have you Pm'd the mod to try and resolve it with them before coming here? That's the first step of the DRP process.

Yes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OK, I'll notify the Cmods.

I've just been banned for a week.
    Why

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, I'll look into this for you. Can you copy and paste your PM exchange with the mod please?

• Advertisement

At that point the mod had not replied, and I went away the next day for a week for work where I had no laptop so only getting back to this now.
    My issue was that I was carded, yet the poster I was responding to was not.

THis was the conversation in question.
    My game my rules, you're expelled.
    95% of the population disagrees with you.
    Not in this forum! Actually 95% of the viewers in here are probably farmers so yeah maybe.
    Lady Haywire, let's keep the chat thread light hearted. Let's dial it back a bit, no need to get into a row
    Why pick me out? Takes two to make a row.
    Nekarsulm do not post in this thread again

Lady Haywire, discussing moderation on thread can derail it and is not allowed, PM me or any of the forum mods if you have an issue you want to discuss

I was asking why I was the one mentioned in the on thread warning & not TM who was being just as 'serious' as me.
    Seems a bit harsh to have been given a yellow card for simply asking why only I was picked out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm afraid that sending one PM and not responding to the mod's reply does not constitute discussing the yellow card you've received. When you've discussed it, if you want to go ahead with the DRP I'll be happy to look into it.

What you have posted above is quotes from the thread, and any dispute about that would be dealt with in the Help Desk forum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, are you continuing to contest either or both sanctions? If so have you attempted to resolve the relevant sanction(s) with the mod via PM?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

As the appellant hasn't responded in nearly six weeks, am marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement