Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolex 01/09/2020 - predictions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Unkel, they are putting more in the box than a watch, and that bit whatever it is endures as it's not subject to wear and tear. Sell the sizzle not the steak, as we used to say in tech sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭893bet

https://assets.rolex.com/watches/submariner/m126619lb-0003.pdf

Take my ****ing money!

Will be 30k.

Will there be blue SS....? I don’t think so now. Hard to see them having the exact same watch in SS and white gold.

Edit. Looks like no SS blue and hulk is gone

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submariner/all-models.html#p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Has the two-tone gold Rolex submariner been discontinued? I was told this but simply couldnt believe it...

If this is not true
    I presume the price of a rolex will fall in the secondhand market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

893bet wrote: »

That’s a great design. Fixes everything that a found wanting in the last model (ceramic sub, not Kermit). Not that I’ll be able to buy it.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Has the two-tone gold Rolex submariner been disconnected? I was told this but simply couldnt believe it...

If this is not true
    I presume the price of a rolex will fall in the secondhand market.

No. They’re all there in the new case. 6 new subs, which is ridiculous for Rolex, who’d normally drag that out over three years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is it just me, or do the bracelet and case seem better proportioned in relation to each other than the outgoing model?

That’s a great design. Fixes everything that a found wanting in the last model (ceramic sub, not Kermit). Not that I’ll be able to buy it.

9.2k for the Kermit.

Blue gold sub......a cool 38k.....

Eoin wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the bracelet and case seem better proportioned in relation to each other than the outgoing model?

It’s completely different. The last model was born from the same period of the clunky DayDate 2 and Datejust 2. Where Rolex thought bulk was going to work with the bigger watch trend.

It’s 8 subs

sans_t86.jpg

• Advertisement

OP 39 seems to be gone? Seems 41 and 36 is the flavour

Shame the OP39 is gone, thought the white and black were Rolex’s most elegant watches. Some of the colours are mental for the new OP41, kinda liking the Breitling style yellow.

Hulk gone. Assume watchfinder will have them all at 23k by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Wasn’t meant to a rant but I guess it was. I have no skin in the game and will likely not purchase another Rolex (I say likely so that I can reserve the right to change my mind in an instant) in the next 5 years (unless it’s a delish price that I can profit on the next week). Mostly the reason for me not purchasing is I don’t like the designs. I have fairly specific requirements these days and there are no Rolex that really fit those requirements.. But some of the reason is also the nature of the Rolex market. Too much investment talk. Too much worry about residuals. Too much bull**** at the AD.

So to quote one of my friends “stop acting bitter and start acting better”.

What do you mean by this? Am purchasing my first Rolex soon and would be keen to know if there are known pitfalls.

Maybe you just mean the waitlists and being treated as if you are blessed they're willing to take your money.

Shame the OP39 is gone, thought the white and black were Rolex’s most elegant watches. Some of the colours are mental for the new OP41, kinda liking the Breitling style yellow.

Yeah. I was a fan of the 39mm myself.

A blue sub would have sold like hotcakes. The blue gold one will do well also.

What do you mean by this? Am purchasing my first Rolex soon and would be keen to know if there are known pitfalls.

Maybe you just mean the waitlists and being treated as if you are blessed they're willing to take your money.

Exactly. Needing to name your first child after the manager type stuff.

What are you getting?

Exactly. Needing to name your first child after the manager type stuff.

What are you getting?

Explorer I

Explorer I

Not a relative in demand one so you should be good. Classic watch but tis fair boring really (in my opinion). Suggest tying to get some wrist time before you commit.

Not a relative in demand one so you should be good. Classic watch but tis fair boring really (in my opinion). Suggest tying to get some wrist time before you commit.

They said 18-24 months and that's a year ago.

Subdued is what I'm after so I'm confident it's the one for me, wouldn't call someone wrong for finding it boring though.

Unsure of how I would get any wrist time given the AD told me if one arrived and I got a call and didn't take it "that wouldn't be good for you in future". Salesperson was Chinese and her English wasn't excellent so I filed it under lost in translation rather than veiled threats.

Mad market

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Was really hoping for an all blue sub. Preferably no date. Alas.

Best go on the lookout for a blue yacht master so :D

• Advertisement

I like the blue/black gold sub. Is it nicer than the “smurf” though? Nah.

Will it still sell? Yes. At almost 40 k.....

Has Rolex decided that the blue sub is so popular to always leave it as PM ? Or will they move it to SS in a few years (like they did with the sky dweller, skydweller is a new model tho that was dying until it moved to SS).

Kermit will be harder got than the hulk was. Luckily the manager of my local shop is attractive so my wife may bear his child should I ask.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Off topic clutter removed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

unkel wrote: »
    Was really hoping for an all blue sub. Preferably no date. Alas.

Best go on the lookout for a blue yacht master so :D

I really think that is the wrong watch for you. It doesn’t fit as a “one expensive watch” in a collection and it will be very difficult move on in Ireland without taking a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Milguass not discontinued makes me happy.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Milguass not discontinued makes me happy.

Missed that.

Jesus the screwed Unkel.

Not giving him the blue on blue SS sub and not discontinuing the Milgauss.

Looking around the various forums and it's 90% the same talk on (lack of) availability, greys etc. etc. It really is a pain the hole. Here's a watch I actually like, but will have no opportunity to buy. I'm certainly not paying over the odds. There's no way I'm paying Blancpain money for a fecking steel Rolex. I'm not sure the RRP is justified (in the context of crazy, stupid world of watch prices). Puts me right off.

Milgauss 2022? Next year is the 50th for the Explorer 2, so I'd say the whole line will be updated. If you believe the stories of how they manufacture, you'd have to imagine they're running out their stock of old movements now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think the new green bezel Sub looks great. The range of colours on the OPs look kinda cool too.
    It’s completely different. The last model was born from the same period of the clunky DayDate 2 and Datejust 2. Where Rolex thought bulk was going to work with the bigger watch trend.

Yeah, I get that it's different. I was just saying that although the watch is a fraction bigger, it looks like they've tapered the lugs a bit, so it looks better integrated with the bracelet.

I always thought the proportions of the previous SubC were not as nice as the previous models before it, but I did much prefer the bigger look (and the far nicer bracelet) - the older ones just wore too small for my liking. I think they've got a good balance here.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?478912-Rolex-Website-New-2020-Watches&p=5519617&viewfull=1#post5519617

Some early images. Not sure if it’s the lighting but the green and blue is a lot brighter than the press images suggest. Not a huge fan. The blue looks like the same blue as on the Steinhart premium blue which is a horror show.

The OPs are a show also.

Might be just the lighting...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?478912-Rolex-Website-New-2020-Watches&p=5519617&viewfull=1#post5519617

Some early images. Not sure if it’s the lighting but the green and blue is a lot brighter than the press images suggest. Not a huge fan. The blue looks like the same blue as on the Steinhart premium blue which is a horror show.

The OPs are a show also.

Might be just the lighting...

I never trust the lighting in ADs anyway and given that they all look to be non functioning watches at a launch event, I’d say the lighting is even harsher. Blue sub does look crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Feel like that kid in Copenhagen watching the nudist king go by but am I right in saying Rolex have unveiled some new models this September 1st 2020 that if I was so inclined might be able to buy in September 2021 or 2022?

Advertisement