Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am an ex Pickup Artist - AMA

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

If you had your choice of celebrity to try to pick up, who would it be?

It would've been Cheryl Cole if it wasn't for her stupid rose tattoos all over her arse. Mila kunis probably, it's a pity she's a mother now !
    Did you ever pick up two at a time?

No, unfortunately!
    Puibo wrote: »
    Have you ever been caught out pedaling more than one at a time?

Yes, I had taken one girl on a few dates, and it was going grand. I was out in a nightclub one weekend then, and just as I was about to kiss another girl, I hear a whisper from someone behind me:

"You're with XXXX, if you kiss her I'll slit you're throat"

in a real menacing voice. It was a female, but when I turned around the person had run off. Otherwise I never had much drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

This jus sounds like any guy who has some balls to approach women. I'm as much a pick up artist as you are coming across on this.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This jus sounds like any guy who has some balls to approach women. I'm as much a pick up artist as you are coming across on this.

Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Did you get rejected much? How did you prevent such rejection from damaging your self esteem?

Macavity. wrote: »
    Did you get rejected much? How did you prevent such rejection from damaging your self esteem?

Hundreds of times. You just have to shrug it off at the time, there are millions of reasons a woman mightn't want to give you her number. Just look at it as an experience and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Were you able to tell from looking at someone if she was single or did you often get let down gently with an oh-so-subtle mention of the OH?
    And would you ever have seen a married or engaged woman as more of a challenge, or would you respectfully leave it?

Redser87 wrote: »
    Were you able to tell from looking at someone if she was single or did you often get let down gently with an oh-so-subtle mention of the OH?
    And would you ever have seen a married or engaged woman as more of a challenge, or would you respectfully leave it?

Anyone who was engaged or married was generally too old for me anyway.

If a girl casually mentioned her boyfriend but was still playing ball, I was game. If she said it in a rejection kind of manner, no bother, I never pushed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

How many rejections did it take before you got over your fear of rejection?

Since you're in a relationship now, do you think if it ended and you started trying it again you'd go back to having a fear of rejection and have to work through it again?

Did your current relationship start from a one night stand?

Did you end up shifting that girl after some psycho kunt friend threatened to slit your throat? Can't believe some woman actually thought that was acceptable to say, I would've actually went NC on the girl for life just for having a friend like that

If a girl casually mentioned her boyfriend but was still playing ball, I was game.

Is this not a reprehensible act?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I'm not the OP, but the decision to cheat lies with the person with the partner.

• Advertisement

I'm not the OP, but the decision to cheat lies with the person with the partner.

You are not the OP, correct.

How many rejections did it take before you got over your fear of rejection?

Since you're in a relationship now, do you think if it ended and you started trying it again you'd go back to having a fear of rejection and have to work through it again?

Did your current relationship start from a one night stand?

Did you end up shifting that girl after some psycho kunt friend threatened to slit your throat? Can't believe some woman actually thought that was acceptable to say, I would've actually went NC on the girl for life just for having a friend like that

After a day or two it died down a fair bit, but on any given day it's there in the background, it takes one or two approaches to be back in the zone.

I think I'd have to work through it a bit, but I'm in a much better position than I was before I ever started, because I'm more confident than I was and I've experienced what is possible.

I actually met my girlfriend through college, so I knew her for a few months before I asked her out.

I did yeah :D Yeah safe enough to say it ended soon after with the other girl.

I don't think so, if she's prepared to cheat with me she's prepared to cheat with someone else, so why not let it be me? At the end of the day she's making the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Do you even lift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What book did you read? How would you approach someone, what would you ask them? Would you be like Gaz from Gordie Shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

I actually met my girlfriend through college, so I knew her for a few months before I asked her out.

Did she know you were shagging overs 3 girls a week when she agreed to go out with you ?

Do you even lift?

Can't say I do :P
    TallGlass wrote: »
    What book did you read? How would you approach someone, what would you ask them? Would you be like Gaz from Gordie Shore.

I read "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It's not so much a guide as a window into the whole world of pickup.
    I generally am very upfront when I approach a woman, I'd tell her she caught my eye for whatever reason, and then talk to her for a few minutes, and either take her for coffee straight away or else take her number.
    No, I'm not as much of a knob as Gaz from Geordie Shore, I'm a fairly normal man.
    Did she know you were shagging overs 3 girls a week when she agreed to go out with you ?

She knew I was frequently going on dates with different women, but she knew I treated them well so she didn't have an issue with it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

I just wanted to say, I really like the responses your giving. As somebody who has dove deeply into this topic and seen the world of malicious intent underneath it all, I totally agree with your method being Natural and improving yourself as a person to become more desirable, instead of trying to use lines and manipulative tendencies. Its an area that gets totally overlooked by the media and they jump on all of the bad stuff. It personally totally changed the way I look at everything. Kudos dude, best of luck with the GF.

Thanks a million, appreciate that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm gonna wrap this one up here too, thank you very much Chance for your time and thoughts, I think you've probably done a lot of the perceptions people have one way or the other about PUA's.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement