Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am an ex Pickup Artist - AMA

Options
  • 17-11-2014 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Go ahead. Preferably genuine questions rather than generalisations and insults

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Does your username reflect your past glories as a PUA?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why did you stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

What made you become an ex pua?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I take it you've read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss then? As far as I remember, he got into it as part of an article, and got sucked into the lifestyle. Why did you decide to become a PUA? Did you take part in any classes or tutelage, or did you just wake up one morning and say "hey, I'm gonna be a pickup artist"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Does your username reflect your past glories as a PUA?

No, it's a pun on the name Chance The Rapper. (Check him out).
    Gordon wrote: »
    Why did you stop?

I got myself a girlfriend :)
    What made you become an ex pua?

See above
    mike_ie wrote: »
    I take it you've read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss then? As far as I remember, he got into it as part of an article, and got sucked into the lifestyle. Why did you decide to become a PUA? Did you take part in any classes or tutelage, or did you just wake up one morning and say "hey, I'm gonna be a pickup artist"?

Yes, I read it because I first read his book "Emergency - This book will save your life" and I wanted to check out his other material. The Game really sucked me in and opened my eyes to the possibilities.

I decided to become one because I wanted more women. I didn't take any classes. A friend of mine read the book after I recommended to him, and we read a bit more material and watched some youtube videos, and we said screw it, and went to Dublin during the summer days to chat to women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

What makes you think you qualify to be called a PUA?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How do you feel about the tactics you used? And what do you think about the recent UK decision to deny a Visa to Julien Blanc? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30119100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Did you not end up smelling very... fishy..?

What would you define as a "Pickup Artist"?

Macavity. wrote: »
    What makes you think you qualify to be called a PUA?

I never really call myself one, but I think I fit the bill seeing as I went out to clubs and to Grafton street and similar for the sole purpose of getting girls' numbers and dates
    Gordon wrote: »
    How do you feel about the tactics you used? And what do you think about the recent UK decision to deny a Visa to Julien Blanc? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30119100

I never went deep into the mind games and techniques and stuff, I just went for improving myself generally. So I have no guilt or anything about any potential manipulation or craic like that.

I think he's an idiot with a huge ego, but I don't know if it warrants denying him a visa.
    Did you not end up smelling very... fishy..?

I shower once a week whether I need it or not. :D
    What would you define as a "Pickup Artist"?

Good question. I suppose someone who spends a lot of time chatting up women, getting numbers, dates, and I suppose laid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

Are you tall dark and handsome? Cos that's how I picture a pick up artist. . And lounging erotically at the bar of course; )

You are approached by a magic donkey. He offers you the chance to have anything in the world you want, but in exchange, you can never see your girlfriend again. What do you do?

Is being a successful PUA primarily about physical appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Did you have a particular type of woman that you went for?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I never really call myself one, but I think I fit the bill seeing as I went out to clubs and to Grafton street and similar for the sole purpose of getting girls' numbers and dates

That's the sole purpose of most singles guys when they go out.
    I think you'd need to be a bit more unique to call yourself a PUA.

How many nights out would you have in a typical a week, and out of them how often would you get laid?
    How many people have you slept with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mellor wrote: »

How many nights out would you have in a typical a week, and out of them how often would you get laid?

I think people associate PUA's with chatting up girls outside of pubs and clubs i.e the street, coffee shops, library etc.

I think people associate PUA's with chatting up girls outside of pubs and clubs i.e the street, coffee shops, library etc.

I've only ever considered PUA's with the internet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Are you good at picking up any other stuff? Can you pick up sticks? Will you pick up the tab?

Are you tall dark and handsome? Cos that's how I picture a pick up artist. . And lounging erotically at the bar of course; )

I'm tall anyway :P
    You are approached by a magic donkey. He offers you the chance to have anything in the world you want, but in exchange, you can never see your girlfriend again. What do you do?

Kidnap the donkey and beat him until he gives me anything I want while still having my girlfriend.

Is being a successful PUA primarily about physical appearance?

Definitely not. Good looks definitely help, and lead to more success in general, but on their own they're close to worthless.

Not intentionally :)
    Mellor wrote: »

I used to approach women actively during the day, chat to them for a few minutes and get their numbers, or sometimes we'd go for coffee straight away.

In the beginning I went out about three times a week, but I found that I enjoyed day game a hell of a lot more, so I stopped going out as much, and approached more women on the street.

I didn't get laid that often from hitting the clubs to be honest,I didn't have my own place, and that held me back a bit.

I'd prefer not to say, but in the year or so that I was actively trying I'd say I got conservatively 300+ numbers, and probably 40 - 50 first dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Since you are an artist..Are you exempt from paying tax ?

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Are you good at picking up any other stuff? Can you pick up sticks? Will you pick up the tab?

Unfortunately no,I don't lift.
    pebbles21 wrote: »
    Since you are an artist..Are you exempt from paying tax ?

I consider myself exempt from water charges, but that's a whole other thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd prefer not to say, but in the year or so that I was actively trying I'd say I got conservatively 300+ numbers, and probably 40 - 50 first dates

Can you define why you never felt the need to try to develop a deeper realtionship with any of these woman? A desire to keep playing the game or just no-one clicked? Or would have some woman that you did go on second, third, ongoing dates with?

Connected, but maybe too personal, what was that made you take that extra step with your girlfriend?

Orim wrote: »
    Can you define why you never felt the need to try to develop a deeper realtionship with any of these woman? A desire to keep playing the game or just no-one clicked? Or would have some woman that you did go on second, third, ongoing dates with?

Connected, but maybe too personal, what was that made you take that extra step with your girlfriend?

I was open to going out with any of the women really. Some clicked more than others so we went on second and third dates. None of them I connected with on a level where I wanted an exclusive relationship with them.

I met my girlfriend through college and she was my best friend before we started going out, so it was deeper from the beginning I suppose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Do you have any regrets about taking up that lifestyle?

Do you have any regrets about taking up that lifestyle?

No, I don't to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭blapabrew22

If you had your choice of celebrity to try to pick up, who would it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Who said it was women?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Be careful what you wish for,you may pickup more than you bargained for!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did you ever pick up two at a time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Have you ever been caught out pedaling more than one at a time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement