Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I won't follow you down that rabbit hole.

Cop out

Cop out

You're being disingenuous, framing a complicated question in throwaway fashion. I can't speak about the break-up of Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia in analytical fashion, neither can you. I have, however, lived in Ireland most of my life and repeated interactions with travellers have provided much illumination.

You're being disingenuous, framing a complicated question in throwaway fashion. I can't speak about the break-up of Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia in analytical fashion, neither can you. I have, however, lived in Ireland most of my life and repeated interactions with travellers have provided much illumination.
    Bull****, youre just dodging the questions because you have a good idea of the answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

The SF candidate the 'ardent supporter of SF' wasn't supporting? :rolleyes:
    You know Sinn Fein are in trouble when even their biggest shinnerbots aren't voting for them.

Bull****, youre just dodging the questions because you have a good idea of the answer

Right, let's address one of your slapdash remarks: Of course I recognise the ethnicity of Serbs, Croats, Bosnians and other nations that emerged from the wreckage of the former Yugoslavia. They had every right to independence as one ethnic group distinct from the other. I won't get bogged down in the volatile politics however.

• Advertisement

Right, let's address one of your slapdash remarks: Of course I recognise the ethnicity of Serbs, Croats, Bosnians and other nations that emerged from the wreckage of the former Yugoslavia. They had every right to independence as one ethnic group distinct from the other. I won't get bogged down in the volatile politics however.
    That's not the question, what makes them distinct from each other? What makes them ethnicities but doesn't count for travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,026 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You know Sinn Fein are in trouble when even their biggest shinnerbots aren't voting for them.

I only ever voted for SF nationally in one election - the last Presidential election.

This time round I am afraid I had to give it to my previous second choice MDH.

I haven't seen a better president ever, (bar Robinson, who reformed it from a retirement trophy for the power swap parties to something relevant) and I go back to remembering Dev.

Just seems odd the highest post count of anyone attacking Casey also happens to be a SF supporter who defends the indefensible on a regular basis. Of course you didn't support the SF candidate, never claimed you did ; -)

Nothing odd about it if you are me - a republican and 'ardent' democrat.

I find myself defending SF against anti-republican bias tbh, people having a rant because they dislike republicans or because they are unionists/loyalists or partitionists. There are many many things that SF do that you won't find me on here 'defending'.

That's not the question, what makes them distinct from each other? What makes them ethnicities but doesn't count for travellers?

Travellers are genetically as Irish as you and I, there is zero evidence of their existence pre-1700 or any inferring they came from overseas. I stated I recognise Czechs/Slovaks, Russians/Ukrainians, etc as distinct ethnic groups. On the other hand, I do not accept Travellers as a unique ethnic people in this country. Culturally, yes, as their itinerant existence has become entrenched over generations. But they are not deserving of the protections of ethnic minority status, and I will continue to protest vociferously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm surprised this thread was reopened. It's like Groundhog Day in here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I find myself defending SF against anti-republican bias tbh, people having a rant because they dislike republicans or because they are unionists/loyalists or partitionists. There are many many things that SF do that you won't find me on here 'defending'.

Like making a joke of the Kingsmill massacre, you were pretty strident in your defense of the lad with the loaf of bread on his head. Sorry lad you have zero credibility in my opinion, from what I see on various threads very few agree with any comment you make.
    My dislike if SF comes from the fact they are the political wing of a bunch of killers my same hatred of them also applies to the other side of that engaged in the murder of innocents. You wish to defend that fire ahead. To me defending killers indefensible again my opinion, an expression you use everytime you are called on your false claims. Have a good day I'm out before you become your usual tedious self .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Whats the point of the Garda chasing Travelling gangs, risking their own lives, finally catching them, getting the hevidence onlly to end up in court where a SIMPLETON JUDGE will let them off with a 12 month suspended sentence,

the judges are the WEAKEST LINK in the chain
    travelling gangs stay away from where judges and politicians live, coincidentally :mad:

i couldn't give a f*** about ethnicity, colour or creed
    that's only a leftist tactic to divide and conquer

i believe we are all born equal and should be judged equally on our actions

rant over :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Nothing odd about it if you are me - a republican and 'ardent' democrat.

You can only despise SF if you're a unionist ???

Jesus that's insane!

I was a member of Cairde Sinn Fein when I lived in the UK, the full party when back here and voted for them in every election for more than a decade.

I'm a Republican, from a long line of Republicans, but since they decided to toss their hats into the ring as part of the axis of "someone else will pay for it" I'm done with them. Being described as "the ****ing 1%" at a local cumann meeting for mentioning I paid the higher rate of tax and wanted something from it - makes you grow up politically real fast.

Wasn't there a line in a US film some time ago "if you're a Republican before 30 you have no heart; if you're a Democrat after 30 you have no brain".

I get it now.

Like making a joke of the Kingsmill massacre, you were pretty strident in your defense of the lad with the loaf of bread on his head. Sorry lad you have zero credibility in my opinion, from what I see on various threads very few agree with any comment you make.
    My dislike if SF comes from the fact they are the political wing of a bunch of killers my same hatred of them also applies to the other side of that engaged in the murder of innocents. You wish to defend that fire ahead. To me defending killers indefensible again my opinion, an expression you use everytime you are called on your false claims. Have a good day I'm out before you become your usual tedious self .

I am not here to be 'liked' by you or seeking credibility from you.

In fact it is a badge of honour that we are not on the same page judging from your posts, you may be a perfectly fine 'lad' or lassie in the real world. Who knows.

*and by the way, as well as having no association with the SF party, I never defended the killing of innocents, or killing in general.
    As is now usual with your one dimensional inability to interpret postings, you should understand that understanding why something happens is not the same as condoning it.

*How many times is it now that you have left this conversation because of tedium? I am finding it tedious to try and count them. :rolleyes::D

You can only despise SF if you're a unionist ???

Jesus that's insane!

:confused:What?

Do you expect people to seriously believe this given your posts on here? If that was the case I would have voted for Sinn Fein more times than you ever have.

I used to be a Sinn Fein voter years ago. I don't accept you only voted SF once in your life. I know a SF voter when I see one. You spend your days on here cheerleading them.

You believe what you want. I don't really care tbh.

If you can prove that I have voted for SF more than once nationally, knock yourself out.

*How many times is it now that you have left this conversation because of tedium? I am finding it tedious to try and count them.

You're confusing leaving a conversation with you due to your tedious and somewhat disengenious behaviour and leaving the thread as being the same thing. I should have clearer I suppose but you do like to twist comments and another poster can attest to. As said have a good one.

If you can prove that I have voted for SF more than once nationally, knock yourself out.

Do you vote for them locally? I know you like to be pedantic.

You're confusing leaving a conversation with you due to your tedious and somewhat disengenious behaviour and leaving the thread as being the same thing. I should have clearer I suppose but you do like to twist comments and another poster can attest to. As said have a good one.

Oh, you're back?

No, I was talking about conversations with me. How many times have you used that line?

No, I was talking about conversations with me. How many times have you used that line?

Probably as many times as you have used the I don't defend SF line.

• Advertisement

Do you vote for them locally? I know you like to be pedantic.

Never in for SF in a GE. But I have given votes to Local Authority candidates I know to be great community workers.
    'Party' doesn't really matter to me in LA elections.

Probably as many times as you have used the I don't defend SF line.

I don't use that line, I use a very specific 'I will defend SF when the attack is coming from an anti republican in general' angle.

Have a look at the main political topics and see if I am defending SF policy. Are you man/woman enough or afraid of what you might see...or not see as the case might be.

Thread's not about me folks. Don't bother with anymore SF bot stuff, won't be answered.

Amusing thing is your claims about not supporting SF carry as much weight as your claims that Casey engaged in hate speech and is racist. You won't bother with any more SF stuff, not surprised as you guys in SF got your asses handed to you by Casey and that is why you now have nearly 1000 posts on this thread attacking him and anyone that voted for him. You protest a little to much me thinks. Toodles .

I've read boards.ie for quite a while. You've been Sinn Feins biggest cheerleader on here for many years. With one or 2 other contenders that come to mind.

He put up a great display of mental gymnastics in defending the SF clown who made a joke about the Kingsmill massacre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus how many threads are going to end up telling francie he loves SF? Christ sake, would ye's ever cop on and attack the post and not the poster? doesnt that apply anymore around here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Francie Brady Show
    Thread started at 9 am already 50 posts, how is that even possible

Has Jenny McGuire or whatever name she goes by now surfaced on Twitter since she made her idiotic tweet? Even John McGuirk called her out by posting a piece from the journal a few weeks back where he commented on direct provision. McGuire claimed in her tweet he said didn't know what DP was.

:) How long does it take you to knock out a sentence? :)

Jaysus lads, give it a rest. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's almost starting to sound like some people would prefer an echo chamber and resent francie being here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement