Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sligo had none of the Chicken Kievs this afternoon, but plenty of the the rest. Wasn't greedy - 2 Jelly Tubs and 2 Packs Toilet Rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Enniscorthy had plenty of everything, toilet rolls especially. Got 27 packs of the things! And a few kiev's...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No shortage of bog roll in Ballyfermot this evening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

11-12 March

Irish Beef Meatballs 340g 97c
    Envitas Breakfast Biscuits (3 varieties) 300g 89c
    24 pk Snacktastic Variety/Meaty Crisps 600g €1.39
    Heinz Spagetti 4x400g €1.84

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

prodsc wrote: »
    11-12 March

Irish Beef Meatballs 340g 97c
    Envitas Breakfast Biscuits (3 varieties) 300g 89c
    24 pk Snacktastic Variety/Meaty Crisps 600g €1.39
    Heinz Spagetti 4x400g €1.84

I meant to post this on Tuesday. Disappointing weekend!

• Advertisement

I meant to post this on Tuesday. Disappointing weekend!

I like stocking up on the breakfast bars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Owryan wrote: »
    More than likely they have a restaurant. Common enough sight in Carlow to see the local pubs/restaurants stocking up in aldi or lidl

And then charging customers rip off prices in their pubs/restaurants for tea,sandwiches,bottles of water etc

And then charging customers rip off prices in their pubs/restaurants for tea,sandwiches,bottles of water etc

You'd be amazed at the places that do this!

You'd be amazed at the places that do this!

I see a guy every single week from a restaurant in Enniscorthy, stocking up on salads/lettuce/tomatoes etc, and if there is a special with oil (olive or veg) he takes as much as he can. He brings the wife, the daughter and an employee. Drives me crazy - zero consideration for other shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I see a guy every single week from a restaurant in Enniscorthy, stocking up on salads/lettuce/tomatoes etc, and if there is a special with oil (olive or veg) he takes as much as he can. He brings the wife, the daughter and an employee. Drives me crazy - zero consideration for other shoppers.

This is happening all over the country and I'm it is not only restaurant owners that are doing it,buying cheap in Lidl and Aldi and then charging customers exorbitant prices in their restaurants,pubs,hotels etc.It's dsgraceful.

Today's Chef special-The Lidl Caesar Salad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I see people from takeaways that I sometimes go to often in Lidl and Aldi also buying trolleys full of veg and potatoes and sauces etc.

I've yet to see someone take advantage of the weekend offers but that's probably because I usually go in in the evening and not first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

I hate Lidil and Aldi ...They have ruined this country with their cheap products I refuse to shop in them!

I'm by no means well off but I avoid these German chains like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

laois gael wrote: »
    I hate Lidil and Aldi ...They have ruined this country with their cheap products I refuse to shop in them!

How dare they provide cheap fruit and veg...and bread, and oil,, and electronic.. an sometimes tools.. How dare they....

Destroyed the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Not cheap quality, just inexpensive. I think they are both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

That's nice dear. Aldi and Lidl actually support a lot of Irish suppliers from meat, veg, dairy, fresh produce etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Where do You shop then? British owned Tesco perhaps?

BTW, I find the BEST IRISH steaks in Lidl.....what have You to say about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

BTW, I find the BEST IRISH steaks in Lidl.....what have You to say about that?

Maybe he/she buys their meat in a local butcher?
    Way better for the local economy than buying "best irish" anything in Lidl/aldi for umpteen reasons. So I probably wouldn't lead with that.

I can see their point in fairness but only IF they can back it up by explaining where they actually buy things because if its Tescos or the likes then they're living in a fools paradise.

That's nice dear. Aldi and Lidl actually support a lot of Irish suppliers from meat, veg, dairy, fresh produce etc.

They SOURCE a lot of it from within ireland. And their suppliers are pinned to the collar for every cent. Fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Let's not make them out to be fairy godmothers.

If you really wanted to support local produce then it wouldn't be Aldi/Lidl. (or any supermarket)

They're cheap and thats why we go there. Let's not confuse it with supporting the local economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

They SOURCE a lot of it from within ireland. And their suppliers are pinned to the collar for every cent. Fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Let's not make them out to be fairy godmothers.

If you really wanted to support local produce then it wouldn't be Aldi/Lidl. (or any supermarket)

They're cheap and thats why we go there. Let's not confuse it with supporting the local economy.

Better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Righto boys and girls, time for the big stick. Let's keep this to bargains and associated discussion and take the merits of German stores and Irish meat to alternative forums

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Better than nothing.

Yes, that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

TheDriver wrote: »
    Righto boys and girls, time for the big stick. Let's keep this to bargains and associated discussion and take the merits of German stores and Irish meat to alternative forums

My apologies for deviating, Driver.

Plenty of everything in Enniscorthy this morning, but nappies going fast. Good few around at 8am this morning, including our resident restaurant buyer of all salads and chickens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

That's wonderful. As long as there is people like you who are happy to pay more for generally inferior produce in Dunne's and tesco then it leaves aldi and lidl a bit quieter for the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

That's wonderful. As long as there is people like you who are happy to pay more for generally inferior produce in Dunne's and tesco then it leaves aldi and lidl a bit quieter for the rest of us

More bogrool aswell

I was in Lidl tonight and they had lots of stuff left!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This week's offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys, slightly off topic but does anyone recall the Milk Frother/Warmer that Lidl had a few weeks back?
    I know there's one coming to Aldi on Thursday but it's one of the nespresso ones which aren't as good.
    Anyway they are all gone in my local lidl so if anyone here spots them in their lidl I would really appreciate it if someone could pick me one up and I can send the money straight away via PayPal, Bank transfer or revolut and obviously the cost for P&P or Parcel Motel.
    Thanks very much.

Hey guys, slightly off topic but does anyone recall the Milk Frother/Warmer that Lidl had a few weeks back?
    I know there's one coming to Aldi on Thursday but it's one of the nespresso ones which aren't as good.
    Anyway they are all gone in my local lidl so if anyone here spots them in their lidl I would really appreciate it if someone could pick me one up and I can send the money straight away via PayPal, Bank transfer or revolut and obviously the cost for P&P or Parcel Motel.
    Thanks very much.

Any time something went out of stock in my local Lidl. We rang their customer services number and they cann tell you what other stores the items available in.
    I think these are the numbers 1800 347 447/1800 20 10 80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Any time something went out of stock in my local Lidl. We rang their customer services number and they cann tell you what other stores the items available in.
    I think these are the numbers 1800 347 447/1800 20 10 80

Cheers thanks very much I'll try that tomorrow.

Advertisement