Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying Military phases..........

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

"Everyone off the truck!" followed a few minutes later by "Everyone back on the truck!"

I'm telling your Sgt you're cribbing on the Internet. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

You know as well as I do that he'd agree! :p He's usually on the truck too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    Im getting flashbacks here.Origin of pax? In the airline industry, it's a standard word, used every day by every airline..............................................as for drill sergeants, how many of you are familiar with:" Stop moving!....... Stop twitchiiiiiiing! Are you a ****ing spastic (followed by name of heat magnet).........what are you looking at me for? Are you a queer? Do you fancy me, ya twat?(which was once answered fatally by an idiot, who said, of course I do, ya big hunk, under his breath but was heard by the rodent-sharp hearing of the DS, who ran the mug around the square with his FN over his head).......stop scratching? have you got fleas? have you got mange? You're a ****ing culchie, of course you have!!!........move the rifle around your head, not shake your big lump around the rifle (.303 drill).
    All good fun, of course.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bren37

"you're that thick, it would take 3 promotions to be an asshole"

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭BuckJamesRogers

Not much of a saying but something that happened to a lad on the GPMG.

This was just training,not on the range.

Lad lying behind the GPMG,with the mistake of having his finger on the trigger when he shouldent.

Que PDF Sgt:"PRIVATE,WHERE IS YOUR TRIGGER FINGER?!!!!!"

Que Pte:"HERE SGT!!!!" followed by him holding his trigger finger up in the air for the Sgt to see.:p

Sgt puts his head into his hands and walks away:p

The Sgt in question was literally about to give up on the army at that point. Fcuk me that was funny.

What about "deas is your right and cle is your left"
    or
    "IF I WANTED YOU TO SMILE, I'D HAVE TAKEN YOU TO THE STORES AND GOT THE Q TO ISSUE YOU ONE!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dodgydes

"Ar sodar" ...this usually means the start of a lot of running about

"I've a two year old at home who can march/run/do press ups better than you."

best military saying - " endex":D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

as for drill sergeants, how many of you are familiar with:" Stop moving!....... Stop twitchiiiiiiing! Are you a ****ing spastic (followed by name of heat magnet).........what are you looking at me for? Are you a queer? Do you fancy me, ya twat?(which was once answered fatally by an idiot, who said, of course I do, ya big hunk, under his breath but was heard by the rodent-sharp hearing of the DS, who ran the mug around the square with his FN over his head).......stop scratching? have you got fleas? have you got mange? You're a ****ing culchie, of course you have!!!........move the rifle around your head, not shake your big lump around the rifle (.303 drill).
    All good fun, of course.
    regards
    Stovepipe

Fantastic stuff,its all very PC now though, cant be shouting things like that at soldiers.... sadly :(.... soldiers have feelings too... you might upset them or worse, scare them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 mhorda

when the cpl shouts " are you ****tting me" or "20 pages on the inside of a golf ball by revellie tomorrow"

Oh I have done that...a day in the life of a cornflake, why pigeons should wear knee pads...why punctuality is important to being punctual...the most ridiculous things I could think of...
    concussion wrote: »
    'Get it done',

'It's a RIGHT-about turn not left-about turn...'

Did you shave this morning?.....Did you use a mirror?....Next time use a razor'

When I was on a career course...did you shave with a stone!

during room inspection..sgt drops a sweet behind my locker...'WERE YOU EATING SWEETS!'...me: no sgt I believe that you accidentally dropped it.. Sgt:are you calling me fat?

I got 20 laps of kilworth camp with a rifle above my head..lol

on the ferry to bere island....' go up and get me 200fags from the duty free'

'what are you laughing at?'

one of my favorites on the other hand was by one of the soundest sgts ever...his catch phrase to get people to listen to him...

come on now lads! tune into radio ray!

(his name obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

"when your names called out , remember it ! "

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

The best I've heard was

How long did it take you to iron the wrinkles into that shirt?

Class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Not really military as it was the cadets in the UK but an AWO who's favourite line on camps was

"Volanteers for Flying?"
    or
    "Volanteers for Shooting?"

"Ah You! Fly/Shoot over there and get me..."

The other one was Hey Blah I heard your girl-friend told you to give her ten inches and make her bleed so you ****ed her twice and smacked her in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

'Form three sides of a circle round me!'

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eatmeimorganic

(To a female recruit at morning parade)

(Sgt) Recruit.......you are out of uniform !!

(Rct) Where sergeant ???

(Sgt) My billet.....tonight.....8.30 ;)

An ex british paratrooper now serving as a Sergeant in the Irish army. was in the back of a truck.....took out a pringle can and proceeded to deliver this message to the rest of us as we arrived in Coolmooney.

"Achtung, achtung, attention all Juden......I mean holiday campers. We are now arriving at the ze death camp.....I mean ze HOLIDAY camp. Would the following....CAMPERS.....please report for their daily beatings............Hosford...........................That is all"

We sent a recruit down to the CQMS to get a Bap to fix the telly in the guardroom. We almost **** ourselves when he came back with one.....the the Q right behind him smiling.

We were on a mortar course in Kilworth, training on getting the systems in and out of action. Weather was the usual wet and cold. I was laying in the bi-pod and the barrel slipped from a teammates hand and almost knocked me out. The Sgt then ordered us out of action and told us "set it up again at the top of flagstaff hill..........double up" :mad: .............

On the ground, and we set up basecamp around a ruin of a house up the Galtees. Everything had just settled down and we had an NCO's meeting in the ruin. A captain walked in and our CS announced "bit of a house, bit of a house, Aire" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

lift them , bend them, sink them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wobbleyhead

"Right lads time to pick to the brass"
    "Stag on"
    "The RV is just over that hill"
    Only had this one once and to be far I deserved it "boots in the OC's inbox 07:30"
    "My mistake, you're fault"
    "Charlie fire team, prepare to go left flanking"
    "Gucci" when referring to any bit of non issue useful kit

It's funny how you can never think of these things when you want to

'I didn't say it was your fault, I said that I was blaming you.'

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ssvectra

While out on combat run i constantly heard "Keep up with me slow down"

Light Horse Leeeeeeeft turn quick march "Clipity clop Clippity Clop" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Your on your own time now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

NCO: How many men in this Billet?
    answer from billet: Seven!

NCO: Well half of you come with me!

'Half of you go with Cpl J, half come with me, the rest of you go with Sgt H...'

'Form three sides of a circle round me..'

'SILENCE!!!! when you speak to an officer!!!!'

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

hurry up and wait!!
    CS/CQ: I need a volunteer... you'll do!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Nig. Hate that term.

Also hate "pays to be a winner".

discus wrote: »
    Nig. Hate that term.

Also hate "pays to be a winner".

'Nig'?

My mate Kevin, a 6ft 2in Gunner in the RAF Regiment and fellow gun-club member, is from Trinidad and is, I have to admit, pretty dark-skinned. I would imagine that anybody who called him a 'nig' would be trying hard to remove their elbows from their ears after saying it to him.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Its a gunner thing. Newly Issued Gunner, apparently. I dont hate it for the racial connotations, I hate it because no matter how long you are in, you are still a nig to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sthilmick

NCO said "its 5 miles as the crow flies but I know a short cut " Platoon left scratching their heads wondering if Army crows fly crooked

Only Queers and Steers come from **********
    your left/right not your mothers left/right

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

BigDuffman wrote: »
    A Bucket of steam
    DPM paint
    A leg of salmon
    Skirting Board Ladder
    Sky Hooks
    Keys to the square
    Glass hammer
    Some forks for the soup

A tin of tartan paint
    A long weight
    A halal bacon sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

discus wrote: »
    Its a gunner thing. Newly Issued Gunner, apparently. I dont hate it for the racial connotations, I hate it because no matter how long you are in, you are still a nig to somebody.

Hate that as well. Especially when they're looking to dick someone. "Who's the niggiest here?". Not so bad now i've been in a few years but used to dread hearing that when i first got to reg.

Also people who call weapons "gats". Sounds ridiculous coming from a non-American.

Long Gone wrote: »
    A tin of tartan paint
    A long weight
    A halal bacon sandwich

New modern army back in the day we were being threatened by the 40000 russians comming over the hill Commi treath loomed large in the 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Civvies pay to do this sort of thing!!!

My boots have more overseas service than you have service!!

Red Arse(After 6 years service)

Waiting on me buddy

Get a neck shave on your forehead(directed at lads with bad haircuts)

Did I tell ya about my first trip...

Stand by your beds

I need a volunteer...

Advertisement