Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet here lately..(the random chat thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hi all,

I've been missing for a while from boards due to being locked (password issue as opposed to drink)

Have clocked 30 k on my motorhome this year without leaving the country so definately getting use from it.

I'm still not sure where I stand with DOE testing...

Had a few minorish probs with my 98 hymer 644. All expensive but nothing too serious.
    Had one of the skylights just blow off as I was driving along a few weeks ago.. It wasn't even open at the time. I got an emergency replacement from my local motorhome shop but unfortunately it has no blind on it and it really does make a difference when the sun get up at 5 am and you don't . Will have to try and figure a way of getting the old blind back on

Also had a toilet solenoid go on me and I have the part but yet to replace it. problem is when you turn on the kitchen tap the toilet fills! took a while to figure out the connection.

Some idiot broke a rear taillight in a car park and I got it replaced.

Fridge stopped working and I was about to order a new one when it suddenly came back and hasn't given trouble since... strange one... lol I was nearly divorced when the fridge died and I had frozen deadbait for pike fishing in the freezer which of course thawed out and created an awful stench!!!

Anyway being spending load of time in the west of Ireland and really enjoying it.

I'll start reading old posts now and try and catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

what model fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

we finally got round to butting up our fiamma 45zip awning the other day which is taking all the space in the top box,was done as a trail run in the garden before our trip to France,

after the usual head scratching and sorting out it was not that hard to put up,but we did figure out why it was taken up all that space in the top box,,,we have 2!! the 2nd one is short a few poles put other than that its all their,so if some one has a zip with out the sides drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

we finally got round to butting up our fiamma 45zip awning the other day which is taking all the space in the top box,was done as a trail run in the garden before our trip to France,

after the usual head scratching and sorting out it was not that hard to put up,but we did figure out why it was taken up all that space in the top box,,,we have 2!! the 2nd one is short a few poles put other than that its all their,so if some one has a zip with out the sides drop me a pm

We didn't bother to bring ours to France this year as it takes up too much space and weight. With the weather so good over there it isn't a point in setting it up.

Mine is a fiamma zip and I find it works grand with the non-zip awning. I'm sure somebody out there would be interested in it.

Are yis all finished camping for the minute folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Are yis all finished camping for the minute folks?

Nope......we will be out until the start of the new season and then we will start all over again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

we use the camper all year round , go out for week ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Only starting with mine, 3 weekends away, most distant being Valentia, :rolleyes:

61616_1537369428883_1074276521_1555218_6053367_n.jpg

What think of the Re Brand

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Planning to use van through the winter. Hoping to go to France next month and take in a trip to Paris for a few days.
    Bogman, was there wild camping spots available in Valentia ?

I parked directly opposite the Pier Hotel in Knightstown and there was no problem whatsoever, some nice spots on the road between Waterville and Caherdaniel with nice parking, talking about wildcamping and reasons why it might be frowned upon, was down in Lough Hyne last Sunday where there is a no overnight camping notice:(, saw a car drivers leave a load of litter behind on the benches, serious lack of litter bins in this country, none on the pier in Knightstown either except a small one, reckon the Council does not want the job of emptying them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

reckon the Council does not want the job of emptying them

yup

hope to keep her lit for Day trips, odd overnighters (temp dependant)...

bogman wrote: »
    I parked directly opposite the Pier Hotel in Knightstown and there was no problem whatsoever, some nice spots on the road between Waterville and Caherdaniel with nice parking, talking about wildcamping and reasons why it might be frowned upon, was down in Lough Hyne last Sunday where there is a no overnight camping notice:(, saw a car drivers leave a load of litter behind on the benches, serious lack of litter bins in this country, none on the pier in Knightstown either except a small one, reckon the Council does not want the job of emptying them

this is going to be a growing problem... We have had litter bins removed in our area and were told it's because the council no longer have the funding to empty them

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

we are hoping to use ours all year around away for a night over the weekend, started last week went to Doolin, went to battlesbridge last night, hoping for Kilkenny next week

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    we are hoping to use ours all year around away for a night over the weekend, started last week went to Doolin, went to battlesbridge last night, hoping for Kilkenny next week

I never lock mine away either.. I use it right through the winter.

Actually for those that do lock them away I was in Maynooth Motorhomes this week and a guy was leaving his camper inf or the winter.. prices from 10 euro per week for dry storage seemed reasonable to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

jezzzs a locked thread,im not able for all this excitement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

jezzzs a locked thread,im not able for all this excitement :D

We could ban you for a week so you could recover?

:D:D:D:D

Well I did it, took the camper to Trim on Saturday despite the weather alert, bit of a shindy with a few buddies, fecking cold, temp sensor in the camper read -5.2c at 7am and a balmy -3.2 at 10-45am
    Didnt get the heating working, guess there has to be water in the tank to allow it to operate, any advice on operating the B544 heating would be appreciated, fecking toothpaste and sponge was frozen in the morning, still I was nice and snug under the winter duvet :rolleyes:
    Drive back to Cork was fine, took it handy both ways, abt 80kmh, Diesel cost 60€ for the return journey ;)

It should work without water , tho if its a pre 03 ish one it's not supposed to be left going for long , dry . I assume it's a Truma? I'd not be surprised if your regulator was partly frozen.

...............................tumbleweed blows by..............

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

saw it, but unfortunately it happened so fast, I couldnt find my camera in time to get a photo.......will be ready for the next one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Tumbleweed_Dunes.jpg

Wont be long now...............are we there yet? weather today was gorgeous

Might get to the Mizen head next days :D

Well I haven't been posting much lately as we're up the walls in work , I seem to be doing timing belts and services almost daily! Between both S/H sales and yearly services . New stuff is a bit slower than other years , no doubt due to the VRT increase . S/H stuff is selling strongly though thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

got camper out cleaned it down went kilmore quay sunday lovely day 12 campers there wasnt busy wednsday went to hook head 2campers there sun shone all day very warm our of the wind . happy camping paddy week end

Woodcock Hill yesterday, should have taken the camper, brass monkey weather Sat night camping out at a rally :-)
    195878_1791311377273_1074276521_2038412_7576545_n.jpg

thread revival!

Quiet here lately...again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

why is it that as soon as I nod off to sleep, someone comes along and wakes me!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Drove to Hidden Valley for the nice weather last weekend and realized that Rathdrum is nearly all uphill from Dublin coz on the way home on Sunday I had around a quarter tank of petrol but practically used no fuel as it was nearly all downhill on the way home and still have around a quarter a tank left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

You really shouldn't drive with the gears in neutral you know.
    It saves fuel but not very safe.:D

• Advertisement

You use less on overrun than when idling.

Advertisement