Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet here lately..(the random chat thread)

Options
  • 03-11-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Bit quiet here online.. all the campers locked up for winter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Broke. Thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rozi

im new to campers, so still enthusiastic, lookin forward to weekend to see where the road takes me.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

bit quite at the mo ok,
    good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pah_Connors

bit quite at the mo ok,
    good news

Hi Kill, what kind of camper is she? Any pictures? Would you be interested in a trade?

Hi Kill, what kind of camper is she? Any pictures? Would you be interested in a trade?

good man pat,what am i selling :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm not Pat, I think you have the wrong man.

I'd be interested in taking that camper off you, for some cash a trade maybe.
    Would you be interested in a Hi-ace? 2ltr turbo diesel. 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

He's not Pat... he's Pah.. named after his father and his uncle and his 2 brothers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 larrytom

his ten sisters are stunners

Hi KIll, Pah here.

Any interest in the camper? Would you be interested in a straight swap for a caravan? Instead of Hi ace woth a cash exchange?

Pah Connors

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

When are Boards getting a meet together? it would be good this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Didn't know what to do with this thread, so I decided to stick it and make it the "chat to your hearts content"-thread :D

once again the old rule is proven ....

...sticky a thread and it dies :D

ill do me bit then,,,, we are thinking of heading off the weekend any body got any ideas where we might go
    also what tyre pressure should i be running on the ducato i have read it can be anything between 50 to 80psi ???:confused:

ill do me bit then,,,, we are thinking of heading off the weekend any body got any ideas where we might go

In this weather?

The inside of an aircraft hangar sounds like a nice place to be :D

whats wrong with the weather?????:D wrap up well and you wont feel the cold. aircraft hangar indeed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Woo Hoo! I caused a Sticky! :D

I reckon the crap weather is putting everyone off..that and the fear of having to get towed out of the campsites! Have you ever seen so many fields waterlogged? Fcuks sake..

rozi wrote: »
    whats wrong with the weather?????:D wrap up well and you wont feel the cold. aircraft hangar indeed:rolleyes:

Have you tried camping with three sopping wet dogs? :D

(the smell alone would put you off)

after a chat with Peasent I've been meaning to start one of these... :) whhhhooooo

anyway just back from fishing... anyone else use their camper for fishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

peasant wrote: »

Or Kayaking with two sopping wet kids!! The outside shower works a treat when it's 7 degrees outside.
    We tried the fishing thing too, Quilty pier with gale force winds in October, not exactly "The Vendee":D

ok, have to admit defeat, woke up this morning and took one look outa the window, lashing rain and howling wind. no camper for me this weekend. even the dog ran away when i mentioned it:D a day for the fireside.:)

• Advertisement

gotta love the weather... out fishing yesterday.. remember the weather??

I was the envy of the place... pulled up alongside the lake opened the awning and anchored it down and also tied it with a rachet strap for extra safety.. sat inside in perfect comfort while an Irish stew brewed away on the cooker.... and caught over 100 fish in a few hours... :)

Only thing missing was a side for the awning... is there such a thing available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Macspower wrote: »

I was the envy of the place... pulled up alongside the lake opened the awning and anchored it down and also tied it with a rachet strap for extra safety.. sat inside in perfect comfort while an Irish stew brewed away on the cooker.... and caught over 100 fish in a few hours... :)

Only thing missing was a side for the awning... is there such a thing available?

A Safari/Privacy room? http://www.fiamma.com/products/fiammastor.asp?Fam=F09

Macspower wrote: »

a windbreaker might be a cheaper option,we have used ours as a side awning to keep the weather out http://www.worldoftents.co.uk/tent-accessories-windbreaks-c-59_65.html what do you fish for this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Anyone thats parking up for the winte , don't forget to drain down the water system , and leave the taps open .

a windbreaker might be a cheaper option,we have used ours as a side awning to keep the weather out http://www.worldoftents.co.uk/tent-accessories-windbreaks-c-59_65.html what do you fish for this time of year

For the winter I do coarse fishing.. Mainly roach/Bream/Perch/Hybrids

Here was my bag from earlier this week

05112009118.jpg

and some of the better hybrids look like this

06112009122.jpg

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Anyone thats parking up for the winte , don't forget to drain down the water system , and leave the taps open .

When just staying away for a few days is there any reason to worry about the water system Aidan?

It's the temperature that you need to worry about, not the duration.

(you don't want the water to freeze (and expand) in the tank, pipes or taps and do damage there)

got my new step motor today... Just have to put it in tomorrow

those of you wioth trauma blow heating... I noticed this the last cold night... I turn on the heating and turn dial to 20 and all is ok but when i go over 25 a red light starts flashing but heat still seems to work...

any ideas?

peasant wrote: »

lol what dogs you have peasent?

• Advertisement

spongey, long haired ones :D

Advertisement