Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Radio - launching online 4 May 2020

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Tuned in yesterday on Tunein (:pac:) and found it was'nt my cup of tea...very disco/soul orientated ,at least for the hour i listened.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

i think they only lease the equipment for their time on air so i would doubt they actually have it outside their broadcast time.
    but i could very well be wrong on that.

You are very much wrong on that one. They own their own studios and run broadcasting courses from it. Studios are a permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Our Gold Radio has gone silent again, the powers that be in Gold Radio should release a statement on its situation and make it final.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭alzer100

Even if it starts playing music again, it's become clear that the station is pretty much unstable.

I have not listened to it since it's first week of "official" broadcasting. I can see why Mike Moloney may have departed, from what I could make of it, it seems too much geared towards the standard hits of the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Our Gold Radio has gone silent again, the powers that be in Gold Radio should release a statement on its situation and make it final.

Who actually owns Gold Radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

release a statement on its situation

Its an internet radio station, not a multi million euro corporation.

The 5 people that were listening will just go elsewhere! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Best staying away from the Gold website - its littered with Malware

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Gold Radio is gone off the website now, a complete shutdown, no more to say on the matter.

Hope Mike Moloney does finally get a station up and running.

I just wish RTE could get their act together on the future of RTE Gold. Would love to hear Mike on RTE Gold again like in a more stable expanded schedule including Eric Moore, Al Dunne etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Comical mess. Blew the media coverage they could get when clearly totally unready.

There are teenagers who can run online stations reliably from their bedrooms; and community setups across the country doing far more on shoestrings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

There are plenty of Gold Radio stations in Ireland.

http://www.liveradio.ie/stations?text=Gold&country_id=100361&genre_id=

Another new Gold music station due soon,Music One Ireland.

https://musicone.ie/index.html

Stream URL

https://musicone.radioca.st/stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Another new Gold music station due soon,Music One Ireland.

https://musicone.ie/index.html

Stream URL

https://musicone.radioca.st/stream

Any coincidence? Livin’ on a Preyer playing when I turned it on just there

Any coincidence? Livin’ on a Preyer playing when I turned it on just there

Wonder if this is Mike Moloneys new station?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Wonder if this is Mike Moloneys new station?

Most likely is I’d say

Most likely is I’d say

Well,if so I wish him the best with it and really hopes it succeeds

The sound bite announcement that I have just heard regarding the station's opening date and time sounded like Liam Quigley. As he was involved with Gold.ie, I would say that Mike Moloney's involvement is a strong possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭VanHalen

Music One is indeed Mike's new station. David Lyons will be on also

From what I've heard of it so far, the station seems to have a much more expanded playlist than gold.ie had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Gold radio is back! I found it on the Radio Garden app yesterday. I'm not sure how long it's been back there.

It has taglines like "nothing but the good stuff" and "playing the good stuff", variations of the original one with Mike Maloney. It seems to be more UK-oriented going by the voiceovers. There was also briefly a relay today of Sky Radio News (Sky something anyway!).

Perhaps a change of ownership and maybe a change of emphasis in its geographical target market? It still comes under Dublin stations on the app though. In fact, if you do a search on the Radio Garden app, it's the only station that is returned with that exact name (as opposed to similar sounding ones), which is a bit surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Gold radio is back! I found it on the Radio Garden app yesterday. I'm not sure how long it's been back there.

It has taglines like "nothing but the good stuff" and "playing the good stuff", variations of the original one with Mike Maloney. It seems to be more UK-oriented going by the voiceovers. There was also briefly a relay today of Sky Radio News (Sky something anyway!).

Perhaps a change of ownership and maybe a change of emphasis in its geographical target market? It still comes under Dublin stations on the app though. In fact, if you do a search on the Radio Garden app, it's the only station that is returned with that exact name (as opposed to similar sounding ones), which is a bit surprising.

It’s back a couple of months now

Advertisement