Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arlene Foster at it again...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

walshb wrote: »
    Where was blanch legitimising-excusing loyalist wrongdoings/atrocities?

I have never legitimised or excused loyalist wrongdoings and atrocities.

Francie's problem is that I don't condemn them enough to his satisfaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,095 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have never legitimised or excused loyalist wrongdoings and atrocities.

Francie's problem is that I don't condemn them enough to his satisfaction.

No, I am just amazed that somebody so trenchantly concerned with human rights and right and wrong is missing on a thread where people are discussing State collusion in murder and where some are condoning it and watering down the seriousness of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

No, I am just amazed that somebody so trenchantly concerned with human rights and right and wrong is missing on a thread where people are discussing State collusion in murder and where some are condoning it and watering down the seriousness of it.

But they aren't Francie, they aren't.

The issue of a public inquiry is separate to the issue of the incident itself.

The killing of Finucane was wrong, very wrong, but the thread is about a public inquiry, not about the incident.

But they aren't Francie, they aren't.

The issue of a public inquiry is separate to the issue of the incident itself.

The killing of Finucane was wrong, very wrong, but the thread is about a public inquiry, not about the incident.

There are numerous posts condoning it and posts trying to water it down.

You have made a post on that thread praising Micheál Martin and said nothing else on that thread.

Has Arlene caused the Ceann Comhairle to over reach and maybe have to step down himself?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1334104828990148608

Has Arlene caused the Ceann Comhairle to over reach and maybe have to step down himself?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1334104828990148608

For a nothing to see here tweet, it has certainly gone on a while. Will be making Six-One News again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Murder is murder pure and simple be that by the Paras on Bloody Sunday in Derry or against the Paras in Warrenpoint.

Personally I'm delighted Ms. Foster is paying attention to events in the Dail. In 20 years time she'll have the opportunity to sit there as a TD representing her constituency.

For a nothing to see here tweet, it has certainly gone on a while. Will be making Six-One News again tonight.

Who said it was a 'nothing to see here tweet'.
    My opinion of it is clear, it was insensitive and he may very well have to go if the others can mount a campaign against him.

As he is due to make a statement around now, I am sure that will make the news.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Who said it was a 'nothing to see here tweet'.
    My opinion of it is clear, it was insensitive and he may very well have to go if the others can mount a campaign against him.

As he is due to make a statement around now, I am sure that will make the news.

My thought is had he mentioned just Kilmichael he was bang spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Looks that there's a sequel to Ash for Cash
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55279337

Advertisement