Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low testosterone levels 30s

Options
  • 27-11-2020 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all I'm in my early 30s , recent blood work confirmed extremely low levels of testosterone. Doctor said exercise and diet will bring it up instead of TRT. I'm looking at some natural testosterone boosters on websites, are they worth it or gimmicks ? Or would it just be best go with 250-300mg test e per week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I'm far from an expert on actual testosterone treatment but 'test boosters' you buy over the counter are a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Resistance training and regular sex/masturbation would be more likely to increase your body's natural test, along with eating properly. So yeah, listen to your doctor.

If all that doesn't work, then maybe look at taking substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

I was looking into this too, maybe try this route, increase your exercise and eat the right foods first, if you feel still not working try a over the counter supplement like testogen but before you do research on youtube how it worked for others see how that goes and if last resort go trt but least try get it increased naturally first, just what im thinking.

foods: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323759#top-8-testosterone-boosting-foods

over the counter test bootser: https://www.ecowatch.com/best-testosterone-booster-2648117970.html?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2

youtube how to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfM_QNRkDc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm in my early 30s , recent blood work confirmed extremely low levels of testosterone. Doctor said exercise and diet will bring it up instead of TRT. I'm looking at some natural testosterone boosters on websites, are they worth it or gimmicks ? Or would it just be best go with 250-300mg test e per week?

Did the doctor talk through the reasons why medical treatment is inappropriate?
    If so and if you agree then lift weights.
    Otherwise unless you are a medical card patient go to a different doctor and even if you have a medical card you have the option of paying to see a different GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Get a proper test done of the following

Testosterone, Free(calculated testosterone), SHBG, Albumin, Oestradiol, Prolactin

A total testosterone level means nothing on its own.

In the meantime make sure you're getting enough of,

All essential vits especially Zinc and D3
    Eat non processed foods
    Do not eat anything with soya. It reduces testosterone and increases estrogen levels.
    Do resistance exercises such as weights as best you can.
    Get enough sleep
    Try and reduce stress levels

If your doctor won't do the tests as most don't understand past total test levels then there are plenty of docs who specialize in it mainly in northern Ireland and the UK. Tests can also be done by post if travel is not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Resistance training and regular sex/masturbation would be more likely to increase your body's natural test, along with eating properly. So yeah, listen to your doctor.

If all that doesn't work, then maybe look at taking substances.

That's a petty good prescription really!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pudzey101 wrote: »

What is "low"?
    What was measured, units, reference range etc.

TRT isn't a cure. It would likely drive natural test down further. As would exogenous test if you go that route.
    Boosters are nonsense.
    if you feel still not working try a over the counter supplement like testogen

over the counter test bootser: https://www.ecowatch.com/best-testosterone-booster-2648117970.html?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2
    That's just a multi-vitamin with an edgy sounding naming. You're falling for marketing.
    The Belly wrote: »
    Get a proper test done of the following

Testosterone, Free(calculated testosterone), SHBG, Albumin, Oestradiol, Prolactin

A total testosterone level means nothing on its own.

Why are you assuming that the bloodwork was total test?
    Anytime I've had general blood tests, they checked both total and free test, (as well as all the rest:SHBG, Albumin, bilirubin, liver function, cholesterol etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Mellor wrote: »

TRT isn't a cure. It would likely drive natural test down further. As would exogenous test if you go that route.
    Boosters are nonsense.

TRT is exogenous testosterone. If you're on trt your natural production being suppressed won't matter as it's being replaced by the exogenous testosterone, that's the whole point of it. It is NOT to supplement what you are already producing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod Note: I think this strays into medical advice. Thread locked

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement