Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asus Transformer Book T100

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't remember where I got it, probably mymemory.co.uk. I'm aware the cards aren't always as good as they state they are but I'm pretty sure my Android tab was able to play videos off it with no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Can't remember where I got it, probably mymemory.co.uk. I'm aware the cards aren't always as good as they state they are but I'm pretty sure my Android tab was able to play videos off it with no problem.

Just for info, I play video on mine straight from SD regularly with no problems.

What goes wrong exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Laggy playback. Like it's having problems reading off the card quick enough. Will load a few more videos on to it and see how I go. I probably have another card lying around somewhere I can use to test it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 frguru

Does anyone know where is best to pick one of these up? PC World had them pre christmas for around 400e but seem to be out of stock now. Cant find anywhere that is stocking it right now and looking to get my hands on one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Are these good?GF needs a new laptop for light work and wants a good tablet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

sasta le wrote: »
    Are these good?GF needs a new laptop for light work and wants a good tablet

For the price they are excellent (€389). Its extremely portable even with keyboard attached and has windows 8.1 along with Microsoft Office.

frguru wrote: »
    Does anyone know where is best to pick one of these up? PC World had them pre christmas for around 400e but seem to be out of stock now. Cant find anywhere that is stocking it right now and looking to get my hands on one.

BUMP! Anyone have a clue where I can order/find one of these?

frguru wrote: »
    BUMP! Anyone have a clue where I can order/find one of these?

Komplett.ie had them recently.

Hey folks, been looking for this for a while and there doesnt seem to be any in stock. Some places are getting them back in soon enough but they are more expensive (~450e) than PC World had them at (~390).

Is there still value for them at this price? Or if Im willing to spend ~500e is there a better option I should be looking at?

I was attracted to it because of the Windows 8.1 and Office preinstalled.I dont need a hugely powerful machine but liked the compact nature of it while running a full OS. The tablet was a bonus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

I saw in Currys in limerick they had t100 at 399 or the acer w510 at 349 but not on there website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 CDog

Anybody know if the 500Gb keyboard model of the T100 is available in Ireland yet? Argos have the 32GB but would prefer to hold out for the 500GB one if it is available soon. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Anyone know if the amazon.de ones have a regular keyboard? All the images there appear to be US keyboards. No biggie, but it'd be nice to get a US/UK/IE one instead of a German one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How are T100 Owners getting on with it?

Rarely used but does a good job when needed. Extremely portable and full windows means it is a very decent product for 350ish.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Rarely used but does a good job when needed. Extremely portable and full windows means it is a very decent product for 350ish.
    Which one did you get actually? The German Amazon one looks the pick of them, with 500Gb HD in the base. Probably exactly the same weight too as the regular T100 has a big ass metal plate in the keyboard purely for balance purposes!

Mardy Bum wrote: »

Why is it rarely used? Size?

I had a TF300 and found the trackpad a bit of a nuisance

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why is it rarely used? Size?

I had a TF300 and found the trackpad a bit of a nuisance

The trackpad is still a bit of iffy. I've not had the need for it as I thought I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Can anyone find the updated version of this with the Z3775 processor?

Also apparently disabling gestures on the trackpad improves its responsiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Looking at one of these for college. Just simple note taking on word and ease of access to powerpoint slides.

Cheapest i can see is £219 on amazon warehouse used-good condition. Doubt id get it anywhere cheaper.

Everything ive read seems positive.

So, recommend anywhere else to purchase, and is it worth it i guess is why i started typing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Looking at one of these for college. Just simple note taking on word and ease of access to powerpoint slides.

Cheapest i can see is £219 on amazon warehouse used-good condition. Doubt id get it anywhere cheaper.

Everything ive read seems positive.

So, recommend anywhere else to purchase, and is it worth it i guess is why i started typing this?

Try Curry's, got mine for £225 about 3 weeks ago

• Advertisement

Anyone havng problems with this connecting to the WiFi?

I seem to be stuck at Limited Connectivity alot of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

Anyone havng problems with this connecting to the WiFi?

I seem to be stuck at Limited Connectivity alot of the time

you've tried this: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/wifi-connection-shows-limited-access-windows-8/0f921682-d291-4400-9d5f-5ab34cca7221

got the T100 a month ago as a replacement for an ipad... love it to bits. trackpad is a bit finickky but its great as a tablet.

Have tried alot but not sure on the above, will give it a go, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Harvey Norman has the T100TAM ... upgraded processor,64GB, slightly better screen and nicer finish to the back €429 compared to €379 for the original T100TA in PC World. Seems like a good deal

Harvey Norman has the T100TAM ... upgraded processor,64GB, slightly better screen and nicer finish to the back €429 compared to €379 for the original T100TA in PC World. Seems like a good deal

EDIT: and komplett has the 64GB+500GB TAM for 449€

Heard about problems with the 500GB.

I like mine, if it wasnt for the wifi problems i would use it all the time

Heard about problems with the 500GB.

I like mine, if it wasnt for the wifi problems i would use it all the time

Are the problems just distance from router or otherwise? Distance wouldn't be an issue for me.

I think i would just get the 64GB in any case, the added weight with the HDD is a big minus for me.

Or I might just get a HP stream 11.

moleyv wrote: »
    Are the problems just distance from router or otherwise? Distance wouldn't be an issue for me.

I think i would just get the 64GB in any case, the added weight with the HDD is a big minus for me.

Or I might just get a HP stream 11.

Happens with Horizon when too many things are connected. Think its a windows 8.1 thing as opposed to the Asus.

64GB is more than enough, just get an SD card and you are grand. I would use it alot more as a laptop but the touch screen is great

Happens with Horizon when too many things are connected. Think its a windows 8.1 thing as opposed to the Asus.

64GB is more than enough, just get an SD card and you are grand. I would use it alot more as a laptop but the touch screen is great

Thanks for your insight! I have a spare 32GB fast microsd hanging around anyway. I would use it more as a tablet, but it's nice to have the keyboard dock even if only for a stand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Just looking for this for the eldest for xmas and it seem a helluve lot dearer than it was in the original post one here quite a while ago. Am I missing something? :)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/asus-transformer-book-t100-10-1-touchscreen-2-in-1-32-gb-dark-grey-21765509-pdt.html#cat-0

Considering its not exactly a "new" piece of tech

Help needed!
    TIA

its €319 in PC World Ireland for 32GB T100TA

The original price posted here was prob what it is in USA. Their prices are always cheaper without sales tax etc

moleyv wrote: »
    its €319 in PC World Ireland for 32GB T100TA

The original price posted here was prob what it is in USA. Their prices are always cheaper without sales tax etc

The TA is also an newer version of the T (the original)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its a lot of money considering you can get the linx tablets for under €100, better processor but the screen is a bit worse and theres no keyboard, but as a tablet there isnt €200 euros worth of a difference.

imitation wrote: »
    Its a lot of money considering you can get the linx tablets for under €100, better processor but the screen is a bit worse and theres no keyboard, but as a tablet there isnt €200 euros worth of a difference.
    It's not really a tablet though, that's just one of the option? It runs a full x86 Windows. I'm still eyeing up these as a second machine to go with my Yoga 2 Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It's not really a tablet though, that's just one of the option? It runs a full x86 Windows. I'm still eyeing up these as a second machine to go with my Yoga 2 Pro.

So does the linx 7/8 & 10, they are x86 win8 the only difference between them and the asus is screen size, lack of keyboard dock and a slightly inferior build quality.

• Advertisement

So does the linx 7/8 & 10, they are x86 win8 the only difference between them and the asus is screen size, lack of keyboard dock and a slightly inferior build quality.
    I stand corrected. I wouldn't fancy doing any work at all on a 7/8 inch screen myself. How much is the 10 inch Linx compared to the Asus?

I have one of these and rarely use it as a tablet to be honest

The keyboard dock (or the ability to dock it) really does make a massive difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

You will not find a linx tablet that would be near as good quality as this for €100 euros! Not even comparable.

Find one that has the same specs and then post it up here for a comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Will have to hold tough and see what that dell machine comes in at.

Lets not forget, there are more than asus launching these type of tablets pre-Christmas. Hopefully their rivals will reveal their cards soon.

Advertisement