Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6.5 kg dumbbell, 4kg kettlebell, yoga mat, and no idea.

• 08-05-2021 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Late 20's, just starting to workout (Lost about 30lbs recently just with diet). Most of my fat is stored around legs and abdomen, with very small chest, arms, and shoulders. My idea was to do:

Dumbbell arm/chest workouts from YouTube 2 days per week.
    Leg workouts using weights 2 days per week.
    HIIT using Kettlebell 2 days per week.

The aim is fat reduction and possible toning of arms/growing glutes.

Would anyone more knowledgeable think the above would be a worthwhile weekly plan? Would I need to include more cardio, etc.? Diet is still leaving me skinny fat, so need to work out now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Cill94

Well done on the fat loss. To get further fat reduction you just need to keep steadily reducing calorie intake. 'Toning' means you're also looking to build muscle, so you'll want to get as strong as you can while dieting (ensure to eat enough protein).

I'd recommend doing full body, mostly bodyweight workouts. You can use the weights for the odd exercise, but they're fairly light, so you'll get more longterm progress out of trying progressively more challenging bodyweight exercises.

A sample workout could be something like:

Goblet Squat
    Push-Ups (whatever type you can do)
    Dumbbell row
    Sit-Ups
    Glute Bridge

Gradually increase the workload you can do on those (sets and reps) and then you can start to look for harder exercises i.e. single leg squats, table rows, push-up progressions, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Thank you! How often would you do this? Every second day? 5 days per week? Every day? Sorry now, I just have no idea myself and don't want to waste 2 months doing the wrong things (will get a PT during the summer to learn from someone face to face).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Cill94

No problem.

Three days a week is a good place to start for beginner full body training.

That being said, it all depends on what you can stay consistent with. I have a lot of beginners do 2 days a week for a while before we try 3 days, as missing sessions will affect your motivation and progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,596 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Those weights are pretty light.
    Might be better off using body weight as resistance where possible.

Advertisement