Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 PvP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just did my first trials run there, got the flawless :cool:

The spires pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hate those games when it seems you're the only one on your team being killed by supers. Been killed by one, spawned twice more and ran into another each time. Fact that people tend to get them round the same time makes it seem worse than it is.

Not feeling the gra for IB. Used to love it for infusion fuel in D1 but the Titan and Warlock are already getting 300 engrams and the Hunter will probably be the same later this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hate those games when it seems you're the only one on your team being killed by supers. Been killed by one, spawned twice more and ran into another each time. Fact that people tend to get them round the same time makes it seem worse than it is.

Not feeling the gra for IB. Used to love it for infusion fuel in D1 but the Titan and Warlock are already getting 300 engrams and the Hunter will probably be the same later this week.

The main pull for me when it comes to IB would be the gear... that stuff looks class, but I know I wont have enough play time to get all the drops so I'm not sure if i'll do it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do Mods stack?
    So 2x Grenade Cooldown mods, do you get the benefit of both?
    Does wearing 2x Improved Handling for Energy Weapons do anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Do Mods stack?
    So 2x Grenade Cooldown mods, do you get the benefit of both?
    Does wearing 2x Improved Handling for Energy Weapons do anything?

I think they do, hence why my grenade recharge rate is so fast :P But I am not sure, wil hopefully be in a position to test it out this week when I get my main to 305. I want an Arc build and Solar Build so when I do the mods I will do them one at a time and check the speed of recharge.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure mods make much difference. Sometimes I do shy*e other times less so. Mods equipped don't seem to factor into it.

Been thinking about this. All my mods are generally ability recharge for the pvp sub-class. Going to change this to allow one kinetic reload and one kinetic stability. This is to enhance the antiope, think it would be of more benefit.

Watching Ms 50000 Watts annihilate a trials team yesterday. Using the same gun I do but what's on her screen bears no resemblance to what's on mine. Particularly noticeable in gunfights (and just general movement) where she's bang on target even under fire. Me I'm all over the place in similar situations. If I could just take the panic out of my gameplay I'd improve considerably. Maybe I need to meditate before jumping on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maybe I need to meditate before jumping on.

Heres some helpful tips :P

bi_graphics_meditation.png

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Been thinking about this. All my mods are generally ability recharge for the pvp sub-class. Going to change this to allow one kinetic reload and one kinetic stability. This is to enhance the antiope, think it would be of more benefit.

Watching Ms 50000 Watts annihilate a trials team yesterday. Using the same gun I do but what's on her screen bears no resemblance to what's on mine. Particularly noticeable in gunfights (and just general movement) where she's bang on target even under fire. Me I'm all over the place in similar situations. If I could just take the panic out of my gameplay I'd improve considerably. Maybe I need to meditate before jumping on.

Crucible Radio's latest podcast is actually a long take on meditation and mindfullness within Destiny to keep yourself calm and thinking in a proactive manner about what you should be doing. Was a good listen.

OODA-LOOP!

• Advertisement

For Hunter I currently have 1 kinetic stability, 2 energy stability, 1 energy handling and 1 solar recharge. Makes gun fights a lot easier.

Yeah I may need to abandon my ability recharge philosophy entirely. I do want kinetic reload in there to help with kill clip

Played a good few games last night, was looking on destiny tracker and it had me listed as #45,500 (approx) for IB. After the few games (I think we only had one loss) I was back up to 39,500 overall. Its all progress :D

Yeah I may need to abandon my ability recharge philosophy entirely. I do want kinetic reload in there to help with kill clip

What class you playing? I'm using titan and they have a chest piece that reloads auto rifles while your using them, how each clips by id say atleast 5-10 rounds of constant fire, I use a low fore rate high impact blue auto rifle though

SeanHarty wrote: »
    What class you playing? I'm using titan and they have a chest piece that reloads auto rifles while your using them, how each clips by id say atleast 5-10 rounds of constant fire, I use a low fore rate high impact blue auto rifle though

Titan Striker with Dunemarchers. I have that chest piece and do use Uriels Gift. I just feel the extra agility helps more often on the Titan. Will use void guy in Pve with same exotic.

Hunter Arcstrider. Some exotic boots that aid agilty and jump. Probably could change these.

Warlock Void with the void ability recharge helmet. In PvP I'll generally use the stormcaller Warlock with a helmet that helps arc ability or class abilities (grenade/punch and rift), cos I'm cheap.

Titan Striker with Dunemarchers. I have that chest piece and do use Uriels Gift. I just feel the extra agility helps more often on the Titan. Will use void guy in Pve with same exotic.

Hunter Arcstrider. Some exotic boots that aid agilty and jump. Probably could change these.

Warlock Void with the void ability recharge helmet. In PvP I'll generally use the stormcaller Warlock with a helmet that helps arc ability or class abilities (grenade/punch and rift), cos I'm cheap.

Man get rid of the Dunemarchers and start using the Lion boots, grab power ammo then jump, jump like your never jumped before my friend. Float like a warlock, sting like a titan ;)

I may not have them I think I only have the dunemarchers and the ones that reload smgs. The unsurmountable skullfort I have which is ok for the striker and I have Crest of Alphi Lupi/ AR chest/Hammer guy's chest and an assortment of arms n other helmets. I haven't really tested out many exotics generally just throw them in the vault.

I may not have them I think I only have the dunemarchers and the ones that reload smgs. The unsurmountable skullfort I have which is ok for the striker and I have Crest of Alphi Lupi/ AR chest/Hammer guy's chest and an assortment of arms n other helmets. I haven't really tested out many exotics generally just throw them in the vault.

Well I run the Lion boots, I call them my death from above boots, people expect you to be running around the corner when your up high blasting them with a rocket :D

I cannot see a compelling argument for "Faster Melee recharge speed" over anything else Mod wise.
    Melees in D2 feel like hot garbage.
    I miss the days of just smacking mo-fos around in D1 with Blink-Double-Melee

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I cannot see a compelling argument for "Faster Melee recharge speed" over anything else Mod wise.
    Melees in D2 feel like hot garbage.
    I miss the days of just smacking mo-fos around in D1 with Blink-Double-Melee

You need a charged melee kill to activate devour don't you? (or eat your grenade) - could be of use there.

For Solar hunters it would get the throwing knife back quicker, smoke bomb for Void Hunters?

Don't think the other classes have a big use case for charged melee beyond it being more powerful.

On the Striker Titan does a charged melee kill trigger health regen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You need a charged melee kill to activate devour don't you? (or eat your grenade) - could be of use there.

For Solar hunters it would get the throwing knife back quicker, smoke bomb for Void Hunters?

Don't think the other classes have a big use case for charged melee beyond it being more powerful.

On the Striker Titan does a charged melee kill trigger health regen?

Only if you have Insurmountable Skullfort equipped. It also fully recharges your melee on a kill. You just need to be very careful about using the melee charge though, as if it's not a killing blow, you've basically wasted the perk.

Edit: Just double checked, and if you are using the lower skill tree for the Striker, Melee kills will trigger health regen, but you lose out on double pulse nades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Was running filthy filthy double autos last night in IB, with a shotty. It was disgusting. Bathed in the sticky meta mess and I loved it :p

Arc strider is not doing it for me, might move to GG for my hunter tonight. Far too much twirling a stick in the air and getting team shot before I kill anyone... Got my first tea bag after such a death, I was triggered. :p

Now, following on from Yakuzas connectivity complaints, I have to say after playing 200 matches the PvP connections have been really good so far. Very little, if any, teleporting and nowhere near as much lag in kills/deaths

I would agree. My in-game PvP experience has been very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Now, following on from Yakuzas connectivity complaints, I have to say after playing 200 matches the PvP connections have been really good so far. Very little, if any, teleporting and nowhere near as much lag in kills/deaths

That's true but we are currently playing in a connection based matchmaking system, you still see the odd occurance but it generally doesn't continue for the whole match so it's not so bad, if they go back to SBMM then **** knows.

I played Distant Shores once last night in about 8/10 games. Feels exactly the same as D1. It didn't feel like it was shrunk in size either, 4v4 is not lost on it.

PetKing wrote: »
    I played Distant Shores once last night in about 8/10 games. Feels exactly the same as D1. It didn't feel like it was shrunk in size either, 4v4 is not lost on it.

Same enjoyed it i have to say

dudeeile wrote: »

That's true but we are currently playing in a connection based matchmaking system, you still see the odd occurance but it generally doesn't continue for the whole match so it's not so bad, if they go back to SBMM then **** knows.
    From what I can see both quickplay and competitive are SBMM with Trials being CBMM.

AdamD wrote: »
    From what I can see both quickplay and competitive are SBMM with Trials being CBMM.

this would make sense to me as I haven't been soundly trounced in quickplay or the little I've played of comp

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Remind me to not queue for casual QP with you so :pac:

Advertisement