Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Did you buy the weapon engram? If you did, that'll be a Year 1 Suros, capped at 160 light. :(

yup, thats it. but at least now I can buy the y2 from the exotic blueprints, once I get 150marks together. I know its only 280 and I'll probably get a 310 in my next exotic drop, but really wanted to try this gun for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »

Sounds..... suspiciously untrue

I remember because Salty was there grinding the raid to hit 320, and nearly lost it when someone called out they got a 320 helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I remember because Salty was there grinding the raid to hit 320, and nearly lost it when someone called out they got a 320 helmet.

This is 100% why I would say something like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hes back in the tower now, in the hanger on the right as you come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hes back in the tower now, in the hanger on the right as you come in.

You'd have thought they'd have oiled the door in the outpost first after the last time.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You'd have thought they'd have oiled the door in the outpost first after the last time.

My missus recently said something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My missus recently said something like this.

Mr_bean-smart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mk. 44 Stand Asides (Dsc/Str)
    Sealed Ahakara Grasps (Dsc/Str)
    The Ram (Str)
    Exotic Engram - Chest.

Legacy Engram is Arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Legacy Engram is Arm.

Sweet. Can finally get my sunbreakers.

Still have only 21 Strange Coins... Don't have time to be grinding, and when I do get on, whats the point of grinding for a 280 helmet...

• Advertisement

Might pick up the Chest Engram, see if I can get that dodgy one for titan.

Still have only 21 Strange Coins... Don't have time to be grinding, and when I do get on, whats the point of grinding for a 280 helmet...

The Ram is Class in PvP for Voidwalkers. Simple as that

Ya, I had it in Y1 - but I'd need to burn through all my other helmets just to get it usable in Trials... Not worth buying a 280 helmet when it takes so much high level armour to infuse it to a usable level.

For normal PvP I can use my Y1 Ram.

Ya, I had it in Y1 - but I'd need to burn through all my other helmets just to get it usable in Trials... Not worth buying a 280 helmet when it takes so much high level armour to infuse it to a usable level.

For normal PvP I can use my Y1 Ram.

A Year 2 Ram would have CONSIDERABLY higher Str/Int/Dis values though, don't forget that, but yeah, just buy it for Marks from the Vending machine as opposed to using Strange Coins so

A Year 2 Ram would have CONSIDERABLY higher Str/Int/Dis values though, don't forget that, but yeah, just buy it for Marks from the Vending machine as opposed to using Strange Coins so

I have 200 Marks burning a hole in my pocket - might do that.

Stuff you can get from Xur.

Empyrean Bellicose (32 Int. 30 Disc.)
    Skyburners Annex (34 Int. 36 Disc.)
    Alchemist's Raiment (75 Int.)
    Thunderlord

The legacy engram is body armour.

Thunderlord

nevelator wrote: »

Thunderlord

Hmm... Very tempted.
    Thunderlord

I'm tempted to not buy Thunderlord and just go for 3oC instead. As I'm bound to get a few exotics over the Iron Banner sessions.
    But I've only got Super Good Advice from 3oC so far... And I miss Thunderlord.

Hmm... Very tempted.
    Thunderlord

I'm tempted to not buy Thunderlord and just go for 3oC instead. As I'm bound to get a few exotics over the Iron Banner sessions.

Surely you had the year 1 version no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hmm... Very tempted.
    Thunderlord

Once you hit 300 light xurs items are worthless imo, i only buy 3oC.

Surely you had the year 1 version no?

Yup, that's what I meant when I said I missed it. I miss wrecking scrubs in the Crucible with it. I always found it fantastic for the machine gun bounty as it was so high impact, it only took 3 or 4 bullets per kill.

Although in Y1 it was the done thing to equip an exotic primary, I'm not really tied to any exotic weapons in Crucible now - so it'll fill that gap nicely (that's what she said).

even more so when you hit level 311. I think the only exotic worth buying at 280 is a TOM for your extra characters.

Yup, that's what I meant when I said I missed it. I miss wrecking scrubs in the Crucible with it. I always found it fantastic for the machine gun bounty as it was so high impact, it only took 3 or 4 bullets per kill.

Although in Y1 it was the done thing to equip an exotic primary, I'm not really tied to any exotic weapons in Crucible now - so it'll fill that gap nicely (that's what she said).

Ah sure just spend all your marks at the weapons iPad then. Save your strange coins for the 3ofcoins

syboit wrote: »
    even more so when you hit level 311. I think the only exotic worth buying at 280 is a TOM for your extra characters.

Yes, for anyone above 300/310 Xur is pretty much just a 3oC merchant. Excpet for those that like to collect, and any young kinderguardian who could benefit from a 280 exotic.

Ah sure just spend all your marks at the weapons iPad then. Save your strange coins for the 3ofcoins

I need my Marks to buy fancy Iron Banner clothes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

That is year 1 thinking :D

Honestly though, unless you are specifically looking for different rolls, there is no point in investing resources in multiples of the same weapon type. A decent vault manager is all you need.

If you are on Android, check out Ishtar Commander. A few clicks and you can change your load out in a matter of seconds. Faster than the matchmaking.

Remember you'll need to farm 15 more Hadium Flakes per ToM aswell to upgrade them

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    That is year 1 thinking :D

Honestly though, unless you are specifically looking for different rolls, there is no point in investing resources in multiples of the same weapon type. A decent vault manager is all you need.

If you are on Android, check out Ishtar Commander. A few clicks and you can change your load out in a matter of seconds. Faster than the matchmaking.

Yeah, I hear the lads on the party, moving stuff around. But I found with so many 310 weapons from the oryx challenges or exotics I didnt wan't, just as each to have one for each character (certainly easier than doing the hunger pangs quest on each to get their own )

At this stage I've 3 TOM's, and still 150+ hadium flakes in the vault :eek: . The TOM's are probably the only guns I've multiple of, I run my 3 characters with 3 different sets of guns, just a way I find to try out the different guns I've picked up over time.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hear the lads on the party, moving stuff around. But I found with so many 310 weapons from the oryx challenges or exotics I didnt wan't, just as each to have one for each character (certainly easier than doing the hunger pangs quest on each to get their own )

At this stage I've 3 TOM's, and still 150+ hadium flakes in the vault :eek:

How in the blue hell do you have that many hadium flakes?

Advertisement