Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports injury

• 09-01-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for some info from anyone that has had ACL surgery. I had a big knee OP in March and just looking for some info of when you went back training.
    My knee op was a little complicated as I had my meniscus and lateral stitched as well as the ACL.
    I've been doing a lot of weight training and cardio which has been going ok.
    Any help or info would be great.

Many thanks.

Comments

apparently the meniscus goes along with the ACL, that's the biology of it. I got that from Ray Moran himself.

If you're in Dublin, go to pearse street physio. Some Randomer in here PM'd me years ago for kind of the same thing and I owe them 2 pints.. amazing..

it's not leg extensions and the likes either you would or should be doing.
    doing bike work breaks up scar tissue afterwards so I'd keep that up for a while just as a warm up even to physio.

the weakest link between your hip and your ankle is your knee and I know the ACL goes with twisting torque but you will be doing side planks, clams and glute work to the max, then you'll be good to go. If you live in Dublin give them a buzz, they're very good.

Unlike Bank of Ireland, Rusty did not receive a gratuity for participation in this discussion :D

oh and I had meniscus surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scoucegirl

rusty cole wrote: »
    apparently the meniscus goes along with the ACL, that's the biology of it. I got that from Ray Moran himself.

If you're in Dublin, go to pearse street physio. Some Randomer in here PM'd me years ago for kind of the same thing and I owe them 2 pints.. amazing..

it's not leg extensions and the likes either you would or should be doing.
    doing bike work breaks up scar tissue afterwards so I'd keep that up for a while just as a warm up even to physio.

the weakest link between your hip and your ankle is your knee and I know the ACL goes with twisting torque but you will be doing side planks, clams and glute work to the max, then you'll be good to go. If you live in Dublin give them a buzz, they're very good.

Unlike Bank of Ireland, Rusty did not receive a gratuity for participation in this discussion :D

oh and I had meniscus surgery

Thanks for the reply,

I'll give them a shout.

I'm back with the surgery at the end of the month so hoping that all is good that I can move on to the next stage.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ask for Aidan Woods if you do go to Pearse St Physio

Advertisement