Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA when using a loud hand dryer that someone talking to me gets annoyed because I can't hear him.
    Like when the barber is talking to you while they are using the hair dryer on your head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Like when the barber is talking to you while they are using the hair dryer on your head.

It's like when the dentist is asking you questions while he's working on your teeth. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Or better still.....my dentist has one-sided conversations with me while he has his hands in my mouth!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

oh yeah, and when you are in the dentist chair and start to wonder if you have more saliva than the average human, I'm I allowed to swallow my saliva and oh **** I'm going to choke on my own saliva in a dentist chair while wondering if this f*cker cares about my ugh huh style answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm really sick of the narrative; "But Islam isn't a race, British isn't a race, travellers aren't a race etc...".
    Only ever uttered by people who have made a completely prejudiced, discriminatory comment about some group and have been called out on it by their comment being called racist.

1. Ok, you are not a racist, you are a bigoted, discriminatory arsehole. Happy now?

2. The meaning of racism, as it is used by most people has changed dramatically over time to include ethnic and religious groups.

It is always the argument of a racist!

It's almost as good a marker as; "I'm not racist but.........."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When the rain holds off while I'm doing chores, but when I'm ready to do some gardening, it tips down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Very vocal UK Facebook contacts trying to convince people to vote for their side. Lot to be said for keeping your voting choice private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Very vocal UK Facebook contacts trying to convince people to vote for their side. Lot to be said for keeping your voting choice private.

Did you see that Stormzy showed his support for Corbin and 45,000 people registered to vote based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you lend something to someone and the next time they see you they tell you they have given a loan of it to someone else. If I was asked for something I'd borrowed off someone I'd be explaining it wasn't mine to lend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    When you lend something to someone and the next time they see you they tell you they have given a loan of it to someone else. If I was asked for something I'd borrowed off someone I'd be explaining it wasn't mine to lend.

And then when something happens to said thing.Its not their responsability

• Advertisement

TA I didn't report dodgy person from a group til now. Report is a bit strong but I mentioned a couple of concerns. Seems they were basically waiting for this. Theres a history of dodgy-ness there. TA they didn't feel they could say anything to me before, but I can understand why. It was like something nearly being said but held back. Quite a tricky one actually.

Iconic.
    It usually wasn't and isn't and never will be.
    Ending memes with "Sharon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Rubberlegs wrote: »

Neither a borrower nor a lender be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people make promises and go back on them!
    I simply don't get why people do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,811 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Totally, there is a good saying... ‘never make a promise that you can’t keep’

My Father this week has trivially annoyed me... my aunt his sister does a lot of great work with a homeless charity... she is also the apple of his eye being the ‘little sister’ and he does everything in his power to help her, please her and indeed the charity... about twice a year I go through my wardrobe and give whatever I can, stuff I just don’t wear or that’s not fitting or I don’t want for any reason....

However, I’ve noticed that every other week he’s on the ask for more stuff despite me reminding him that I’ve literally given everything... “well can you have another look, it’s getting winter and they are looking.” Im... “ok Dad, remember though I’ve cleared out my wardrobe for her”.

He calls at the weekend again, I’m busy finishing cooking, he is going through my cupboard under the stairs and has removed the only raincoat I own (FCUK) (I gave my other to the charity earlier in the year) and a Diesel summer jacket that was bought in the end of summer sale.. “ I think I can give these to your Aunt Paula you don’t seem to be wearing them and they are looking for stuff “... Q me going on a bit of an OTT rant, insisting he puts them back... but I get a lecture about helping others...me: “well I’ll need help if all I have to shelter me from the wind and rain next year is a poxy umbrella and me parka in June”....

Terrific guy, but sometimes... family

I always pictured you as bald. TA I was wrong.

When you're supposed to psychically know how a motorcyclists prefers you to sit and the placement of your arms and what to do as they take a bend. I don't know until you bastarding tell me as it varies from one driver to the next and I'm not one.

On people making false promises, it's called your mouth writing a cheque that you can't cash. I've heard some staggering ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

especially when they offered (without being asked), then end up making excuses :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Unopened milk bottles that spring a leak in the fridge would be mine lately.

My earphones getting in to tangles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People who dont read the full thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.

NewRed2 wrote: »

So theres a busy supermarket and obviously it follows that the car park is equally busy especially near the main door.

So theres a chippers on the left as you exit the car park.
    This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy Pringles and it took 30 minutes to exit the car park after.
    Why? Because on the way out there is a left lane and right lane for cars exiting the car park.

So some eejit had pulled into the spot where left lane exiters go, and hit his hazards on. Where was he? In the chippers!!! Waiting on his take away.

So meanwhile there are 100 free spaces he could have parked in, vacant. I said busy but it's a massive car park. Massive.

So now people trying to go left are hitting the horn at the empty car blocking their lane. And the guys turning right are slow to move off anyway because they have to wait for a break in traffic from both directions, while letting in the occasional "victim" from the left lane.

So I spent 30 minutes stuck in a car park. Not just me but everyone. Some mums with kids probably doing their heads in, because lets face it we've all been there.
    But all this mayhem so that some inconsiderate dickhead can avoid the rain while he gets his chipper feed.

People that start every thought with "so".

Oh and people who say "grown-ups" when they mean adults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Terrible nights sleep due to sore throat and cough.
    Missed the bus.
    Crash on the on-slip to the motorway so large amounts of idiots breaking the rules of the road to try skip the queue.
    Late to work as a result.
    Heavy rain.
    Some bint behind me kicked at a puddle and splashed the back of my tights.
    Not too sure about the colour of my tights so I'm really self conscious.

Not a great start to the day really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Omackeral wrote:
    People that start every thought with "so".

So what?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    especially when they offered (without being asked), then end up making excuses :rolleyes:

That's because they're trying to hold you in place and keep you around. I had a crash course in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

Craft Beer Places. I'd like to have the option of getting a lager that tastes like a lager.

Omackeral wrote: »
    People who dont read the full thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.

Deja vu

fluke wrote: »
    Craft Beer Places. I'd like to have the option of getting a lager that tastes like a lager.

Same, maybe I need to sample the other side, grow a hipster beard, wear a lumberjack jacket, go to a pub where it’s craft beard, sorry beer only, lightbulbs and everything including the staff are made of wood, it’s about 8 quid a pint and 4 quid for a packet of crisps that taste like wood too... craft beer places....no, I wood not want to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Strumms wrote: »
    Same, maybe I need to sample the other side, grow a hipster beard, wear a lumberjack jacket, go to a pub where it’s craft beard, sorry beer only, lightbulbs and everything including the staff are made of wood, it’s about 8 quid a pint and 4 quid for a packet of crisps that taste like wood too... craft beer places....no, I wood not want to go.

I have never come across a bar in Ireland that doesn't sell lager-like lager.
    Craft beer bars will have at least one regular lager on tap at normal lager prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Black Friday, Black Week. Just shut up, shut up, shut up :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My alarm never went off this morning so I arrived nearly 2 and half hours later than normal. I also got caught in school traffic and there was a crash as per usual.

I'm also so annoyed as I won't be leaving work until the height of rush hour traffic and there are normally multiple car crashes every evening on my route home :mad:

Strumms wrote: »

Needed that laugh :)

TA pubs not taking card payment is one thing but it would be nice if they would tell us when they take the order.

Had to go to Intreo to get a form today.Some man sits beside me and starts eating McDonalds.Ugh the smell.

Then he started asking the person behind me his life story.
    He didnt bother with me,cause he say the hearing aid.

It does have its uses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Antares35 wrote: »
    Black Friday, Black Week. Just shut up, shut up, shut up :mad::mad::mad:
    What a lovely week for some C**T to fraudulently acquire my card details and try to buy nearly €600 worth of sports gear in four small transactions (I somehow doubt they are athletes) from the Netherlands and Denmark :mad::mad::mad:
    Got on the horn to my bank immediately, card now blocked & hopefully I get the money back....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The airport: a rant in three parts

1. People who stand at the conveyor belt putting all their sh*t back on at security instead of taking their tray over to the repacking tables. Fcuking move, you’re blocking everyone else!

2. People who don’t put their tray back in the chute when they’re done.

3. Are Lingus’ insistence on basing itself of out T2 then making you walk all the way over to T1 for the actual gate.

And a final Brucie bonus TA: being out of the house from 5.30am to 11pm for a meeting and not getting any time in lieu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

I have never come across a bar in Ireland that doesn't sell lager-like lager.
    Craft beer bars will have at least one regular lager on tap at normal lager prices.

If that's the case then good. I'm based in UK where some microbreweries have their own bars and you'd be surprised to find a lager-lager.

Oh that last bit reminds me of Born Slippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally got myself back on the whatsapp group, ta Im a bit *paranoid what they have been saying about me when I was off air.

*Mostly due to the excuses made about the length it took to reinstate me and the fact no one acknowledged my opening message.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Somehow lost a day this week, and only realising it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,514 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My computer glasses are rubbing on my right ear. quite annoying.

• Advertisement

Being tweeted about how anybody and everybody's gonna be watching the Late Late Toy Show tomorrow. I blocked the sender, and the retweeter.

I need to crawl into a really dark hole and stay there until it's all over, in the eyes of the beautiful people in montrose, apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People taking ages to reverse into a parking space in ikea!

Unless you're there for the smelly candles or the meatballs chances are you're going to need access to your boot.

Can always spot the rookies with the look of ah f... On their face when they realise the error of their ways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

baby and toddler seats in cars , yet to come across one where it was remotely simple to strap the child in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Just very annoyed with everyone and everything work related. I have a massive headache as a result. Can it be the weekend already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

Trump announcing that he's spent 2 & 1/2 TRILLION dollars on defence budget.......can you imagine the good that kind of money could do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    baby and toddler seats in cars , yet to come across one where it was remotely simple to strap the child in .

I've the britax dualfix one, it's a monster but swivels so you can turn it facing the open door while you plonk and strap then swivel it either rear or forward facing depending on what way you have it set up.

When I got the car serviced the mechanic was asking where I bought it as he thought it was deadly.
    Joie have a version too I think.

gifted wrote: »
    Trump announcing that he's spent 2 & 1/2 TRILLION dollars on defence budget.......can you imagine the good that kind of money could do?

Playing and tapping into people’s fears wins votes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I've the britax dualfix one, it's a monster but swivels so you can turn it facing the open door while you plonk and strap then swivel it either rear or forward facing depending on what way you have it set up.

When I got the car serviced the mechanic was asking where I bought it as he thought it was deadly.
    Joie have a version too I think.

I have the max cosi axiss that does that . Its the bees knees !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm really sick of the narrative; "But Islam isn't a race, British isn't a race, travellers aren't a race etc...".
    Only ever uttered by people who have made a completely prejudiced, discriminatory comment about some group and have been called out on it by their comment being called racist.

1. Ok, you are not a racist, you are a bigoted, discriminatory arsehole. Happy now?

2. The meaning of racism, as it is used by most people has changed dramatically over time to include ethnic and religious groups.

It is always the argument of a racist!

It's almost as good a marker as; "I'm not racist but.........."
    Racism is about race and that's the way is should stay. Adding every grievance to it just devalues the word to the point where people who are genuinely the victims of racism aren't believed.

Racism - prejudice against another race
    Xenophobia - prejudice against another nationality
    Sectarianism - prejudice against another religion

Use your words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

In town there's a t junction where the road joins the main street...

Anyway 9/10 you pull up to the junction and there's people crossing from one side to the other as the path runs up the main street..

What annoys me is the people who don't even bother stopping they just walk straight out in front of your car.. it's like an unofficial zebra crossing to some.. and the best bit they don't even give a nod or a wave..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement