Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strong Winds Forecast for Saturday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

snaps wrote: »
    just lost X factor for about 10 seconds in a gust! Hopefully i'll still have a satellite dish by the morning!

Amen to that, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

All I know is all this wind and rain is saving me a fortune on oil compared to last year..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

dbyrne wrote: »
    so you have flown ryanair before too!!!

very strong gusts here in templeogue

Yes indeed mate, he aborted the first landing and said nothing fecked it across the Irish sea and went for a second go, it wasn't my favourite landing..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's interesting to note the relative calm at Sligo Airport tonight, despite the strong winds elsewhere in the northwest. This is due to the shielding effect of 1,100 ft Knocknarea Hill just to the south of the airport, but which can be a real danger to aircraft landing there in southerly winds due to the windshear (I can personally vouch for that!).

Latest winds:

Donegal Airport SW 33 G 43 kts
    Finner S 23 G 37 kts
    Sligo Airport S 11 kts
    Connaught Airport S 23 G 41 kts
    Belmullet S 31 G 48 kts

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Slight wind in West Cork, no rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wow Crazy night here in Donegal. Not for the faint hearted, Very heavy driving rain aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ezryder

It's wild here tonight (Mayo)...love listening to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

In work at 0430 and can't sleep cause of the wind....awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Still as windy in Louth as two tins of Heinz beans on an empty stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

dbyrne wrote: »

very strong gusts here in templeogue

ha :pac: good one I'm in the hills of tallaght.. and I am worried the wind is going to set of my alarm I can feel it pushing open the patio doors. eee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Probably the windiest night in a good many months, no rain though so it doesnt feel so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

It's pretty damn awesome up here in Derry. Rain is pretty diagonal with the wind, it's bouncing that hard off the roofs, it causing a "spray" of water.

Haven't seen anything like this in a long time, going to try and get a video of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Top gust of 67knots at Mace head!
    The noise in the chimney is something else!

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's interesting to note the relative calm at Sligo Airport tonight, despite the strong winds elsewhere in the northwest. This is due to the shielding effect of 1,100 ft Knocknarea Hill just to the south of the airport, but which can be a real danger to aircraft landing there in southerly winds due to the windshear (I can personally vouch for that!).

Latest winds:

Finner S 23 G 37 kts
    Sligo Airport S 11 kts
    Belmullet S 31 G 48 kts

And now the wind at Sligo has swung around to westerly, where it's no longer blocked by the hill, and the strength has increased to 29 Gust 39 kts.

ASCAT (satellite-measured) winds at 20:30 Saturday night, showing gales in the northwest.

182777.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Su Campu wrote: »

Latest winds:

Finner S 23 G 37 kts
    Sligo Airport S 11 kts
    Belmullet S 31 G 48 kts

enormously interesting SU

I was just saying today where are these winds

Well they are here now but when i looked at met earlier it was showing 30 to 40 knots everywhere and yet in Sligo town I saw no trees swaying much

Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

That squall line on the rain radar just passing over now, serious winds with it... Fun!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

In South Sligo ..still raining lightly ..and the wind has definitely picked up in the last hour since the front passed over..a stormy night to be sure .hope the leccy does'nt get cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

not constant wind here in waterford, but CRAZY fcuking gusts out there lights just flickered, thank god put that extra bolt on the front door!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Just heading for bed in Dubland here, lads. Only a small puff here, and I think that was ME !!! Nite Nite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Stars are out..winds still gusty..hate wind without lashing rain ....Sin é for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

4Sheets wrote: »
    Stars are out..winds still gusty..hate wind without lashing rain ....Sin é for me.

standby. Severe rain here in lucan. Should be with you in 5 minutes. Oh, and if your asleep, expect to be woken up!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

emo72 wrote: »
    4Sheets wrote: »

standby. Severe rain here in lucan. Should be with you in 5 minutes. Oh, and if your asleep, expect to be woken up!

Just been woken up, what the hell is going on outside, havent heard this bad wind & rain in a long long time! Would usually enjoy but worried sick about my horse outside in Wicklow :( will be checking on her 1st thing tomorrow but for now I'm just astonished by the power of what's going on outside! When will this pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

serious driving wind & rain now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

it was gusty all evening but dry. That rain was unexpected, it really came down ferociously for about 5 minutes, now its calmer. A poor wheely bin went down. That's never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

It's pretty damn awesome up here in Derry. Rain is pretty diagonal with the wind, it's bouncing that hard off the roofs, it causing a "spray" of water.

Haven't seen anything like this in a long time, going to try and get a video of it.

I was in the town at some bars and got caught in a real heavy downpour around 11:30 or so. Shipquay Street was a river and I saw some fella wringing his converse trainers out haha.

It has been calm enough here since that as far as I'm aware but I can hear the wind starting to pick up again I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Seems to easing a bit now, rain has stopped but still windy but not as bad, think I'll try go back asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I feel sorry for any poor souls who may be homeless tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just walked home. 25mins walk. Dry and fairly calm. Those two squawl lines were ferocious. Looking at the radar looks like everyone north of limerick got a touch.
    Thanks to the radar I timed my work finish to 2.15am and got home dry. I'd be surprised if we don't hear of a few flash floods in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Iancar29 wrote: »
    wouldnt like to be flying into Dublin Airport tonight...

LandingLIVELEAK_468x371.jpg

:rolleyes:
    good piece of flying there by the piolet's

Advertisement