Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I've made no changes to the Google account I've had for years, just signed up to YouTube premium over VPN.

Check your location just in case

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Check your location just in case

552155.png
    552156.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

podge018 wrote: »
    strange that. I signed up through India and never once got suggestions from India.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I recall there's some setting somewhere for where it gets your suggestions

TheDriver wrote: »
    I recall there's some setting somewhere for where it gets your suggestions

Found it. To the right of charts there's a an option to see all where you can set it
    552161.png

• Advertisement

Dammit, it doesn't save, reverts to Argentina every time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Badly fukt wrote: »
    Dammit, it doesn't save, reverts to Argentina every time

Actually I'm the same now. Mines going back to India each time!

mine is the same now that I check it but it has never given me arg stuff

Yeah the only mention of India on mine is when I scroll down to the charts, not a section I’ve ever even checked before and I don’t get any suggestions from India

Does this also enable ad free YouTube or just YouTube music? I have YouTube music working great but when I go into YouTube itself im still getting ads at the start of my videos

• Advertisement

Does this also enable ad free YouTube or just YouTube music? I have YouTube music working great but when I go into YouTube itself im still getting ads at the start of my videos

Yes. Are you sure you signed up for youtube premium which includes music or just the music alone?
    I paid 1.10 last week for youtube premium on argentina, solo user.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

McMurphy wrote: »
    Actually I'm the same now. Mines going back to India each time!

Just search for trending 20 Ireland and top 100 Ireland and save them as playlists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This bargain should enable both, one package so to speak. Dig deeper into account settings, gather membership status etc.

Edit: Many thanks to the OP, bought when I virtually ventured to the land of Messi, sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

Hi guys, is anyone get the Google One plan cheaper by having this same method? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Got the following from Google today, the good times maybe over

We associate your Google Account with a country (or region) so that we can better provide our services to you. This association is used to determine two things:
    The Google company that provides the services, processes your information and is responsible for complying with applicable privacy laws
    The version of the Terms of Service that governs our relationship, which can vary depending on local laws
    Your country association will change within 30 days:
    from India
    to Ireland
    Bear in mind that Google services are essentially the same, regardless of your country association. Also, any purchased content and banking information that you might have in your Google Account will remain the same.
    This update also changes the Google company responsible for your information and for complying with applicable privacy laws. Your data controller, the company responsible for your information, will become Google Ireland Ltd.
    If the country associated with your account doesn’t match your country of residence, it could be because of a difference between your country of work and residence, because you’ve installed a virtual private network (VPN) to mask your IP address, or because you live close to a territorial border. If you recently moved, it can take about a year for your country association to update. You can find more information about your country association, and a way to request a change if you think that it’s wrong, by reviewing the Google Terms of Service.
    Your country association affects the Terms of Service that apply to your use of our services. You can find the terms that will apply to you once the country change takes effect in the Google Terms of Service, Play Terms of Service and YouTube Terms of Service. And, if you use Family Link to manage a Google Account for users below the age of consent, the change of country for your account will also change theirs, so please take some time to discuss these changes with them.
    You can change your privacy settings at any time in your Google Account and see and manage your data in Google Dashboard

Ouch that dosnt sound good, fingers crossed we can work around it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Your Google account should be set to Ireland anyway, why was it set to India? It should make no difference to your YT sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

how do you check what country your google account is associated with?

Kolido wrote: »
    Your Google account should be set to Ireland anyway, why was it set to India? It should make no difference to your YT sub[/quote

I couldn't signup for yt India with my account registed in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Pauly26 wrote: »

I couldn't signup for yt India with my account registed in Ireland

Did you use your original account to sign up while also using a VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

wiz569 wrote: »

Did you use your original account to sign up while also using a VPN?

Nope, created a new Google account specifically for this, location Ireland, added my revolut card.
    Would have used a VPN then to signup to YT India.
    But at no point was my Google account in India.

Nope, created a new Google account specifically for this, location Ireland, added my revolut card.
    Would have used a VPN then to signup to YT India.
    But at no point was my Google account in India.

Quotes got mixed up see my edit above

In my case I just used my original youtube account to upgrade using a VPN set to india, my YT account shows my location as Ireland.

Quotes got mixed up see my edit above

In my case I just used my original youtube account to upgrade using a VPN set to india, my YT account shows my location as Ireland.

For me anyway, i created an new account and had registered it as if i was based in India. Hopefully they'll just move my account to Ireland and keep taking the 189 rupees each month :) Will post back if anything else happens

For me anyway, i created an new account and had registered it as if i was based in India. Hopefully they'll just move my account to Ireland and keep taking the 189 rupees each month :) Will post back if anything else happens

Ah ok, maybe try changing it to Ireland yourself and see if it stops working?

Ah ok, maybe try changing it to Ireland yourself and see if it stops working?

how?

how?

If using a PC just click on your YT profile pic, scroll down to Location and click on it, change location to Ireland.

On YT app click on profile pic and then settings then general, then scroll down to Location and click on it and change to Ireland.

If using a PC just click on your YT profile pic, scroll down to Location and click on it, change location to Ireland.

On YT app click on profile pic and then settings then general, then scroll down to Location and click on it and change to Ireland.

on google?

on google?

Yep your google account is also your you tube account

on google?

No m8 in Youtube

• Advertisement

I never had to change location when getting yt premium, just fired up VPN and paid. I'd say this has nothing to do with premium but more to do with the base Google account and location of common use

Advertisement