Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: ROUND 14 Turkish GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Awesome lap by Stroll. Not a Mercedes in sight delightful.

Except for that pink one on pole :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

skipper_G wrote: »
    I've been guilty of criticising Stroll's qualifying in particular, fair play to him. Nailed it today

And that would be generally pretty fair criticism. But today was exceptional. It’s against form but I’m happy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭kksaints

And that would be generally pretty fair criticism. But today was exceptional. It’s against form but I’m happy for him.

Yeah Stroll's qualifying is usually awful but his race performances are much better on average.

Now do we want a dry or wet race tomorrow? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Belgium 2009 was a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

kksaints wrote: »
    Yeah Stroll's qualifying is usually awful but his race performances are much better on average.

Wet for me, only chance for a Racing Point win

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BikeRacer

Best qualy in a long time. Really looking forward to tomorrow now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

kksaints wrote: »

Wet as an otter’s pocket.

Last time I used that phrase, it wasn’t describing a race track.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great qualifying for the Alfa boys :)

• Advertisement

Fair play to Stroll. Usually he's a waste of a seat but he has the odd good performance in him too.

Is there anything to be said for resurfacing all tracks a month before the race? :p

Wet as an otter’s pocket.

Last time I used that phrase, it wasn’t describing a race track.

Whatever you get up to with otters is your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What a qualy from Lance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Could be about 8 penalties handed out if double waved yellows were ignored as about half the field was in middle sector

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Great qualifying for the Alfa boys :)
    ... should have been better. Raikkonen went off track on his final flyer. Giovinazzi didn't run at all in Q3 for some reason.

Stroll under investigation for ignoring yellows in Q3 apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I didn’t see any of qualifying, Is he likely to lose pole position?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Stroll under investigation for ignoring yellows in Q3 apparently

Norris too!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Just to note folks, race starts at 10:10am tomorrow. I only copped it earlier. I would have missed it otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Faugheen wrote: »
    Just to note folks, race starts at 10:10am tomorrow. I only copped it earlier. I would have missed it otherwise!

Thanks for that, I wouldn't have thought it would be soo early!

• Advertisement

Sainz got 3 place grid penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

I didn’t see any of qualifying, Is he likely to lose pole position?

The Team Radio on his Pole lap tells him Yellow Flags , and then clarifies as "Single yellow , Keep pushing" .

https://streamable.com/8oid2m

I don't think its the pole Yellow flag he is been investigated for I think it Q1 , where Kevin Mag had pointed out everyone ahead of him improved times , while passing Double yellows

NO further action
    p4c67mz1f8z51.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Gave me a smile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That was a brilliant qualy session for Lance Stroll. His reaction to him claiming the pole was fantastic.

I was thinking that while watching the highlights on Channel 4 earlier this afternoon that this session was going to be anyone's game because of the wet conditions being forecast for the whole weekend. It really is incredible to see Racing Point get a pole position in Istanbul. I would never expected it otherwise. The race tomorrow will be very interesting for any F1 fan who were glued into today's qualy from start to finish. It's could give them some exciting twists in seeing how their favourite drivers get on while they are out in the wet. Could you imagine the reaction if Hamilton actually won the race tomorrow in those conditions. Do you think that he & Bottas will be able to take the podiums again after their disappointing grid performance today.

In other news; George Russell of Williams has been put into last place of the grid for the race tomorrow because of an engine penalty with his car.

Also; there's some sad news to report that Ben Edwards from Channel 4 is to leave his role as their F1 commentator from the end of the 2020 calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was one crazy qualifying session. I hope the race tomorrow is just as crazy and that Lewis if he finishes does not make the podium. In fact I want to see Perez win, Albon 2nd and Kimi in 3rd. That would be awesome put probably highly unlikely. I just want to see 3 new faces on the podiums tomorrow no Hamilton, no Bottas and no Verstappen would be great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

AMKC wrote: »
    Well that was one crazy qualifying session. I hope the race tomorrow is just as crazy and that Lewis if he finishes does not make the podium. In fact I want to see Perez win, Albon 2nd and Kimi in 3rd. That would be awesome put probably highly unlikely. I just want to see 3 new faces on the podiums tomorrow no Hamilton, no Bottas and no Verstappen would be great.

To be fair I think Verstappen has punched well above his weight in the Red Bull all year. He showed his talent today in the horrendous track conditions. Stroll deserved the pole he kept it together when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Darwin wrote: »
    To be fair I think Verstappen has punched well above his weight in the Red Bull all year. He showed his talent today in the horrendous track conditions. Stroll deserved the pole he kept it together when it mattered.

Oh he has I agree and if he wins the race or gets a podium tomorrow I will be delighted for him but 3 fresh faces on it would be nice too. Imagine George Russel got up there in the William's. That would be great to see highly unlikely do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Charles-Leclerc-Ferrari-Formel-1-GP-Tuerkei-Istanbul-Samstag-14-11-2020-169Gallery-10003cf-1741843.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

AMKC wrote: »
    What usually happens will happen again tomorrow. Lewis wins.

Advertisement