Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Price Changes 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Transferred in Kdb and Martial last night because of the expected rises, I know it can takes a while for them to get a handle on predicted rises at the start of the season but didn’t expect that much of a readjustment. On the other side they seemed pretty spot on with players to drop in price last night

Did it not take them a few weeks last year to get it reliable ?
    Don't hear much of fiso crack the code lately, must see if they're any closer than fpls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Invincible wrote: »
    Did it not take them a few weeks last year to get it reliable ?
    Don't hear much of fiso crack the code lately, must see if they're any closer than fpls.

Don't think FISO even do price predictions any more.

Its FPLS of FFFix. FPLS have been the best for years now IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »

I too was doubtful earlier until I checked:

https://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

FHFC wrote: »

Where is your money lying - will the Manchester clubs assets rise before they play ? Or do you think there’s a manual override to stop them rising ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Where is your money lying - will the Manchester clubs assets rise before they play ? Or do you think there’s a manual override to stop them rising ?

Do we know it requires a manual over ride to stop them rising or could it be in the game programming already that players can't rise in price before they play?

• Advertisement

macraignil wrote: »
    Do we know it requires a manual over ride to stop them rising or could it be in the game programming already that players can't rise in price before they play?

Either way.

There was a podcast recently on prices and team value specifically.

The 3 boys play the game with a huge emphasis on growing team value.

At least one of them worked in programming and in the ‘backend’ stuff and he 100% reckons there was human intervention to stop a Martial price change (can’t remember if it was a rise of fall) last season.

He was unequivocal about it.

He’d a bit of a toff accent on him so I was inclined to believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Either way.

I'm guessing it is in the game system that the players don't rise until after they have played but it is just a guess and probably more wishful thinking that I can play my wildcard on Saturday and get De Bruyne and Fernandes in without any price rise and load up on playing budget players to pay for it.

Not a clue. More likely to be a specific rule discounting their transfers in, or giving a higher threshold, than a manual intervention in this case I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

DCL2.jpg

Up

DCL (£7.1M)

image.jpg

Down

Alli (£7.9M)
    Saka (£5.4M)
    Seri (£4.9M)
    Bergwijn (£7.4M)
    Phillips (£5.4M)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

There was a podcast recently on prices and team value specifically.

The 3 boys play the game with a huge emphasis on growing team value.

At least one of them worked in programming and in the ‘backend’ stuff and he 100% reckons there was human intervention to stop a Martial price change (can’t remember if it was a rise of fall) last season.

He was unequivocal about it.

He’d a bit of a toff accent on him so I was inclined to believe him.
    macraignil wrote: »
    I'm guessing it is in the game system that the players don't rise until after they have played but it is just a guess and probably more wishful thinking that I can play my wildcard on Saturday and get De Bruyne and Fernandes in without any price rise and load up on playing budget players to pay for it.

It would be a bit underhanded to put a lock on the Manchester Clubs assests without advising us but it wouldn't be totally surprising.

Absolutely 100%, no doubt in my mind whatsoever, (insert various other phrases that equates to unequivocal) they (FPL Towers) manually interfere in Prices at times.

We all remember players over the last 3 seasons that should have dropped or risen but were held in check manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Is it true that value doesn't change if a player is red? Long term injury or suspension?

Maybe both Manchester clubs, Villa and Burnley are all considered 'red' until they play a game.

And also a possibility that the likes of Bruno and Martial may go up in value after they play with relatively little transfer activity? Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

In past seasons a player with a red flag had to reach a higher net transfers out to fall in price. It was only when the flag was removed that their price was locked for 8/10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Colking wrote: »
    It would be a bit underhanded to put a lock on the Manchester Clubs assests without advising us but it wouldn't be totally surprising.

Absolutely 100%, no doubt in my mind whatsoever, (insert various other phrases that equates to unequivocal) they (FPL Towers) manually interfere in Prices at times.

We all remember players over the last 3 seasons that should have dropped or risen but were held in check manually.

I really don't think they need to tell us about locking price rises if they don't tell us anything else about how they calculate it. It makes sense that a player can't rise until their team has played.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I really don't think they need to tell us about locking price rises if they don't tell us anything else about how they calculate it. It makes sense that a player can't rise until their team has played.

It might make sense to you.

Would you have jumped to the same conclusion if you didn’t have the clues in place ? The fact that they’ve been predicted to rise but haven’t.

It made sense to all the experienced managers to bring them in this week in case they did rise in price.

No one knew is the truth. We all just guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I hear what you're saying, I have no problem with them keeping their algorithm a secret and tweaking it each season, that's perfectly fine.

There is a difference though between keeping players price locked until the season has begun and keeping the Manchester Clubs assets locked until the start of GW 2.

In my opinion if that is what they have done it should have been broadcast to people.

Like I said earlier though, it wouldn't surprise me that they have price locked or (more likely in my opinion) they are manually intervening again.

It might make sense to you.

Would you have jumped to the same conclusion if you didn’t have the clues in place ? The fact that they’ve been predicted to rise but haven’t.

It made sense to all the experienced managers to bring them in this week in case they did rise in price.

No one knew is the truth. We all just guessed.

Yea and so are the price rise websites, that was my point and why I didn't believe them. I wasn't too bothered either way though as I wasn't planning on bringing them in yet so yes it's easy for me to say that. If I was set on Fernandes I might have done the same.

Colking wrote: »
    I hear what you're saying, I have no problem with them keeping their algorithm a secret and tweaking it each season, that's perfectly fine.

There is a difference though between keeping players price locked until the season has begun and keeping the Manchester Clubs assets locked until the start of GW 2.

In my opinion if that is what they have done it should have been broadcast to people.

Like I said earlier though, it wouldn't surprise me that they have price locked or (more likely in my opinion) they are manually intervening again.

I like the idea of a price lock until a club plays 1 game. The ownership % of the players should get to a normal % now so we won't have to pay 0.1 or 0.2 extra. As to broadcasting it, I think they are being consistent by not. They never do share things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I like the idea of a price lock until a club plays 1 game. The ownership % of the players should get to a normal % now so we won't have to pay 0.1 or 0.2 extra. As to broadcasting it, I think they are being consistent by not. They never do share things like this.

It's different not broadcasting when players will rise, to not letting people know that players prices are locked as they're not playing

stephenl15 wrote: »
    It's different not broadcasting when players will rise, to not letting people know that players prices are locked as they're not playing

Have they ever announced anything about player price changes though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I think there is a difference between announcing things about player price changes and clarifying the rules under which the price changes are happening (i.e. if a player won't be subject to price changes until their team has played its first game).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

They say:
    Player prices change during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player prices do not change until the season starts.

The season has started, so clubs with blank gw1 should still rise

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    They say:

The season has started, so clubs with blank gw1 should still rise
    I think their description can be taken as extremely vague. Very little meaningful to be taken from anything they say about rises/falls because they tell so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:
    ___

Wilson-fence.jpg

Down:

Harry Wilson (£5.4M)
    Haller (£6.4M)
    Kolasinac (£4.9M)
    Nketiah (£5.9M)
    Aurier (£5.4M)
    Yarmolenko (£5.9M)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Does there seem to be way less increases than other years, even taking the city/utd players out of it?

Seem to remember players often going up .2m each week for first few weeks as that is when nearly all players are active

Degag wrote: »
    Does there seem to be way less increases than other years, even taking the city/utd players out of it?

Seem to remember players often going up .2m each week for first few weeks as that is when nearly all players are active

No, 0.2 rises is same GW are rare enough.

For a good few years now avoiding drops has been more important than chasing rises.

A bankable rise on a player your not wanting to keep longterm isnt really worth chasing. The team value gain from an early wildcard for example is more about getting in the players you want long term before they are 0.2 or 0.3 or more expensive if you have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get with FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Degag wrote: »

Rarely if ever seen a .2 rise in opening GW..... usually takes a player to be performing exceptionally for first 2 or 3 GW'S who then becomes a bandwagon to get .2 rise in a single GW.

Pukki was the early bandwagon last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Terrible first TV week for me. My transfer was Martial in, and not wanting to take a hit I watched Alli go down in value. Really wanted Vinagre to make it to the weekend, but looks set to drop tonight. Anyone else in this situation wondering if a -4 is worthwhile to save value? The loss of 0.1 takes so many transfer options off the table. And since he has to go...

Damn it, think I've answered my own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Terrible first TV week for me. My transfer was Martial in, and not wanting to take a hit I watched Alli go down in value. Really wanted Vinagre to make it to the weekend, but looks set to drop tonight. Anyone else in this situation wondering if a -4 is worthwhile to save value? The loss of 0.1 takes so many transfer options off the table. And since he has to go...

Damn it, think I've answered my own question.

I took a minus 4 on Ali.

I should go minus 8 for Vinagre as I'll just be doing it next week as a minus 4

That minus 8 feels big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I took a minus 4 on Ali.

I should go minus 8 for Vinagre as I'll just be doing it next week as a minus 4

That minus 8 feels big

Any change is a gamble, taking a hit requires a lot of confidence in the new players ability to produce points - sometimes straight away, but not always.

If you take a minus 8 you are putting yourself at a massive disadvantage especially if you are in any last man standing leagues or head to head leagues.

Do you not have a player on the bench that will get points (even appearance points might be enough to get you through the gameweek)

Advertisement