Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris GR - 260 BPH, 4x4 with LSD...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gumbo wrote: »
    €58k I’m hearing from my mate in Toyota.
    Ireland allocation going to the Uk because of the pricing structure. We shall see 3 cars here at most.

Toyota in Liffey Valley say €50,850.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

Here's a HKS one being test driven in Japan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBF_5SyXky0
    Rings Laaad at 8:00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

grogi wrote: »
    Don't blame the tax for this nonsense. VRT for it is 30% - if it costs €33k before VRT, the MSRP would be ~€44k.

It seems TI is trying to milk the first interesting car they have since Celica. With such attitude no wonder they will not sell a single one.

What does the T in VRT stand for? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What does the T in VRT stand for? :p

That's Vehicle Registration Toll, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

I do understand but a Yaris....grrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMHnnBmGog Also just a Yaris.....

Can you see the road that Toyota are going down?

• Advertisement

I also looks like it's big brother will possibly be performing on the WRC stage in Northern Ireland next summer if things work out.... That will be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Johner wrote: »
    Toyota in Liffey Valley say €50,850.

There are two versions of the car, the track spec one is €58k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That's Vehicle Registration Toll, isn't it?

No, it's tax, which punisher was referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

GR Yaris spotted at Dublin Port today. I imagine this is a demo model for Toyota Ireland, as there is no way to order these at the moment as far as I know (no prices on the website etc).

koz4ymx.jpg?1

Also just to add that Toyota are planning to build an R5/Rally 2 spec Yaris in the future which will also be based on this platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

noelf wrote: »

He looks like his having fun. I take it that is for the new season of Top Gear?
    I certainly hope so.
    Can not wait to see that car on it

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

GR Yaris in Toyota Liffey Valley, saw it on instagram today. Of course they have the standard model.

According to that post, €52k for the base model, €55k for the convenience pack, and €58k for the circuit pack.

I've never bought a new car, but how would anyone go about getting one? The Toyota website still says coming soon. Walk in to your local dealer and order one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The target of TI has no interest in cars period ... ;)

TBH, I'm surprised they've gone with the Hybrid marketing at all here. Could be better for them just to say they've gone all automatic for comfort and the auto box is soo good it saves petrol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Pops_20 wrote: »
    GR Yaris in Toyota Liffey Valley, saw it on instagram today. Of course they have the standard model.

According to that post, €52k for the base model, €55k for the convenience pack, and €58k for the circuit pack.

I've never bought a new car, but how would anyone go about getting one? The Toyota website still says coming soon. Walk in to your local dealer and order one?

Yes you could do that and you can also register your interest on the Toyota website. Look like you mean business and are really interested in the car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

€35k on the road with the performance pack in Germany. €58k here that is a massive difference. Yet again a reminder of why ireland is not a great place to live if you are a petrol head unless you're a rally competitor.
    Oh and if you buy one dont damage a wheel . A single wheel costs €1600 according to one youtube ring taxi video commentator. They have taken off the original wheels and put them in storage because they would be too expensive to replace on a ring taxi. A set 4 would be about 18% of the value of the new car in Germany and I'm guessing that's without tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Have to say, Kudos to Toyota for releasing this when so many manufacturers are moving away from 3 door hatches, away from bigger arches, and away from this style of rally inspired hot hatch towards a more mini-exec hatch. It's the first hot hatch in a long time that's really fired up my imagination.

I had an ST185 Carlos Sainz back in the day closely followed by a ST205, so this is bringing back all the feels :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

There's a few scattered around in Ireland in Toyota dealers - red one in Letterkenny I believe.

I took pics of this one in Toyota Ireland today when I was dropping back another car. I’ve a letter into Santa for a spin in it soon.

AAA1-BAED-FD48-4952-BF83-FE632-D9777-E7.jpg
    1-D34-A9-AA-6-D15-46-DC-AC82-A4-E4-EA5-E56-B3.jpg
    DFB64756-552-D-46-EE-BADB-F73-E201276-C4.jpg
    35754127-D2-CA-425-E-A71-E-17-D240-BC1-C0-C.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Many reactions on this along the lines of, that's a lot of money for a Yaris. Wonder should they have called it something else as it's really not a Yaris at all?
    GR Rally AWD Turbo Speed Vroom Vroom Skid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Many reactions on this along the lines of, that's a lot of money for a Yaris. Wonder should they have called it something else as it's really not a Yaris at all?

But the owners wouldn’t be able to enjoy constantly telling everyone that well yes it’s is a Yaris but no it’s not like your Granny’s one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

vintagevrs wrote: »

Supra perhaps :D .... there's more Toyota in this than BMW parts after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

So I got to drive one yesterday thanks to local dealer. I've never been much of a Toyota fan but I was impressed by the GR4, I think it's a really strong hero model for the brand. It shows that they understand what makes a good driver's car and have the in-house talent to actualise it.

The interior felt well put together and is probably the best Toyota interior I've been in. The gear lever is nice and tall bringing it closer to the steering wheel. The steering wheel itself feels good with a thin rim. Seating position is noticeably high however, I would have liked it to drop by another inch or two. The cabin is very dark thanks to the sloping roofline and small rear windows which are also tinted. Getting back into my mk7 GTI felt like getting into a bright and airy MPV!

Switching on the engine, I was not impressed by the start up noise, it sounded rough and not particularly appealing. On the move though it begins to sound much better, a deep and loud warble, though I believe this is artificially augmented, didn't bother me. 

Power wise, the engine is a peach. Definitely quicker than my GTI PP and more responsive too at low speeds, really impressive for a 3-cyl. Pulling my GTI out of the garage immediately after driving the Yaris, it felt a little slow to react initially, something I'd never normally say about it. Once the revs climb it's business as usual but demonstrated to me the extra verve that the GR has from the get go. Probably thanks to the lower weight too.

The manual box is a good one, enjoyable to stir though I didn't like the rev-matching function, it felt like it came in a bit late for my liking and I turned it off. Much better implemented in an i30N I drove recently imo. 

Chassis felt good, while I didn't push it really hard, it felt tight and controlled. The thing that stood out most for me was the ride, it's firm but really well damped and judged. It feels expensive. 

Overall I really liked it but I wasn't as blown away as I hoped to be based on recent reviews. Now in fairness I only had a 20 minute spin but I did take it down some country roads and give it a good run. I'm sure more time in the car and more familiarity with it would show more of its character and capabilities. However there have been cars that I've gotten into and after 5 minutes have wanted them more (Boxster S, Impreza WRX, NSX, Golf R). 

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oops! wrote: »
    Are these difficult to get or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

colm_mcm wrote: »

Current lead time is between 7-9 Months, I have been hearing reports that the UK is sitting around 15 Months with deliveries for fresh orders May 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They aren’t a limited run or anything are they?
    Somebody (can’t remember) said they would keep building them as long as people bought them

Are there any plans to sell the Supra 2.0 in Ireland do you know ?

They are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

They aren’t a limited run or anything are they?
    Somebody (can’t remember) said they would keep building them as long as people bought them

Are there any plans to sell the Supra 2.0 in Ireland do you know ?

Difficult to get right now but I think they're building 25k of them to start with and said they'll make more with more orders.

Hopefully this avoids them becoming like certain RS fords or other cars that shields them from depreciation or even end up more expensive than new, once used :confused:

Interesting on the supra, no mention of them in Ireland, and they're now on sale in the UK it seems

Advertisement