Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GTR63 wrote: »
    I read on Wikipedia(I know, I know) that Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is coming out in Europe in a fortnight, is this true?

I hadn't heard, but that one got pretty bad reviews. I'm optimistic for Explore the Dungeon because... I DON'T KNOW! though, it's a rogue-like, random dungeon crawler. If they get the humour right and it has decent enough game play I'll be all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Banjo wrote: »
    Too late! I have found the Bugatti Veyron and that Lambo that looks like the (adam west) Batmobile. Your times are toast - one speed camera has already fallen, the rest are just a matter of time!

Was going to have another go but just can't seem to take Assassins Creed out of the machine. Might have to wait until the weekend before taking back my records ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Monster Hunter is half price on the eshop (so I believe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lovely!

HUKD are quoting €30 WiiU, €20 3DS

It's still a good 33% off retail price even if it's not the 50% it pretends to be. Oh god, I really don't need any more WiiU games right now....
    Just got back into it on 3DS though, finally trapped that Rathian (I'm not *that* far into it) and was feeling epic. Doing that on the WiiUblet would be preeeetty sweet...

Expires September 22nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah it's 29.99 euro on the wii u eshop.

I prefer discs though, most game websites don't seem to stock the game at all or know it exists.

Rayman LEgends is £20 on Amazon!

I love the basket price tracking feature. So tempted. But so broke. Damn you MH3!
    BTW, don't forget to get the patch for MHIII so you can use Off-TV play and international multiplayer.

Also, ACIII is heading back down after a brief spike of £16.99, Sonic Racing has dipped below £20 again, it's at 18.63, and in non-WiiU news Godzilla versus Mothra is only £2.28 (far as I remember mothra is more of a disappointing catapillar-Ra in that one though, with a prototype "string shot" attack, Pokéfans!) while the Muppets soundtrack is now a ridiculous £16.99

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Yeah it's 29.99 euro on the wii u eshop.

I prefer discs though, most game websites don't seem to stock the game at all or know it exists.

I felt the same until I bought a download code for Pikmin 3 off eBay for £20. Then I picked up W101 with eshop discount.

I'll have to pick up an external hard drive soon lol!!

wtlltw wrote: »
    I felt the same until I bought a download code for Pikmin 3 off eBay for £20. Then I picked up W101 with eshop discount.

I'll have to pick up an external hard drive soon lol!!

I'd be more into them if I knew a reputable place to just buy codes for new releases.
    And cheap of course.

I did buy the monster hunter yesterday though.
    It put me over the 500 points or whatever for €5 off my next eshop game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I hadn't heard, but that one got pretty bad reviews.

Really? I thought it was supposed to be fairly good, just really short.

• Advertisement

NFS most wanted for €19.99 new in HMV Liffey Valley. There are better prices but for bricks and mortar it ain't bad

My Amazon basket is tingling :

ZombiU down to £12.99
    Ninja Gaiden 3 : Razors Edge down to £14.99
    Tank! Tank! Tank! down to £9.99

Sonic Racing Transformed is still holding around the £18 mark.
    Pro Controller currently £20 which is OK by online standards but check your local Currys/PC World for the €20-23 ones first.

All are Super Saver elligable I think, so buy in bulk :)

Not so bargain-worthy, but Lego Batman 2 dropped 5 quid and is now £24.99. And you can get a Stylophone for 33p cheaper than normal at £12.22. Something to mess with while your WiiU updates :)

It's not all good news... Alas, Tekken Tag Tournament chose this moment to jump back into the mid £20s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Best price for Zelda WWHD is Dublin tomorrow?

Ninja Gaiden 3 : Razors Edge down to £14.99

Anyone know if this is any good? (I've read reviews / seen videos etc. but still unsure :confused: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

wtlltw wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is any good? (I've read reviews / seen videos etc. but still unsure :confused: )

at that price its not a bad bet. from what i heard it took all the bad elements from the poor original game and improved on them. i havent played it but if it wasnt for the big back catalog i currently have i probably would go for it. 1 point i would make these games are usually not for the faint hearted. by this i mean be ready to die alot and want to fling the controller against the wall in rage getting stuck in parts but once you finally clear that area you were stuck on the feeling is great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,309 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not so bargain-worthy, but Lego Batman 2 dropped 5 quid and is now £24.99. And you can get a Stylophone for 33p cheaper than normal at £12.22. Something to mess with while your WiiU updates :)

It's not all good news... Alas, Tekken Tag Tournament chose this moment to jump back into the mid £20s...

Dare I ask how long you've had the Stylophone in the basket? Are you just like me and waiting to pull the trigger like me with the Mysterious Cities of Gold dvd set? :)

Don't think it was posted but you can get the Wii U Pro Controller on Amazon as well for £20

Edit: I see teh controller price has gone up to £34.95 now after being low for about a week.

Don't ask! Cities of Gold is in there too - the original and the slim-line pack (which is usually cheaper, £17-18, if you haven't already added it to your basket!). I'm just waiting for a sign.... Ever since I got Rockband III with Keyboards for the Wii for £15 I've been hooked to the Amazon basket update page :)

I think the non slimline version comes with a booklet and poster.

I've a few Nintendo games in my basket just waiting for drops. Of more than just a few pence.
    Still waiting on Arkham Origins to drop considering it was announced that it would be cheaper than the PS3 and 360 versions due to lack of multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Two Tribes are porting some of their old games to WiiU, €1.99 each on launch!
    2REXWhE.png
    Glad I held of picking Toki Tori on WiiWare/Virtual Console now! :P Definitely gonna get these. :)

Wish others would do likewise to be honest, at the very least...SEGA + their PSN/Xbox Live Arcade titles that didn't make it to WiiWare.
    (coughs, Sonic Adventure 1/2, and so on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Two Tribes are porting some of their old games to WiiU, €1.99 each on launch!
    http://i.imgur.com/2REXWhE.png
    Glad I held of picking Toki Tori on WiiWare/Virtual Console now! :P Definitely gonna get these. :)

Wish others would do likewise to be honest, at the very least...SEGA + their PSN/Xbox Live Arcade titles that didn't make it to WiiWare.
    (coughs, Sonic Adventure 1/2, and so on)

When are they being released for 1.99?? DROOL

And over 3 months so we have time to save up the €1.99 required for each.

Sorry damo didn't mean to copy that image ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Are there any upcoming price reductions on the Wii U?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Are there any upcoming price reductions on the Wii U?

Well for £260 + delivery / parcel Motel you can get a WiiU, wind waker and Rayman Legends from Game

007 legends £14.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009GC50V2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_9?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    I've not heard anything to suggest that you should buy even at this reduced price ;)

Edit : down to £ 10 now

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut (Wii U) cheap enough and meant to be one of the best games last gen...and they deliver to Ireland
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-wii-u/dgc-deusexwiiu.htm

007 legends £14.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009GC50V2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_9?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    I've not heard anything to suggest that you should buy even at this reduced price ;)

It's a shame too, as it looked like it really had potential. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭JonT

Little Inferno is €4.99 in the eShop until 16th October.

smokingman wrote: »
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut (Wii U) cheap enough and meant to be one of the best games last gen...and they deliver to Ireland
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-wii-u/dgc-deusexwiiu.htm

Much multiplayer with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

None

JonT wrote: »
    Little Inferno is €4.99 in the eShop until 16th October.

Fantastic 'game', it's a must buy at that price!

I put game in inverted commas, because I've never really played anything that felt less like a game, but was so compulsively more-ish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fantastic 'game', it's a must buy at that price!

I put game in inverted commas, because I've never really played anything that felt less like a game, but was so compulsively more-ish!

Agreed, it's a lovely little 'game' :)

Whats the story with the Wii U eShop, the Snes & Nes stuff seems fairly limited compared to the Wii eShop. I'd like to play through LttP again before I play the sequel, but I take it I have to buy it through the Wii eShop, via Wii mode on the Wii U...& even then, I can't play it on the Wii U pad??

Myrddin wrote: »
    ...even then, I can't play it on the Wii U pad??

You should be able to now with the latest update! ;)

[edit]
    Ah, I assume you could use the pad screen, but not controls? Stand to be corrected on this, not tried any Wii VC games on the pad yet. Assume you'd need a Wii Classic controller...?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a lovely little 'game' :)

Whats the story with the Wii U eShop, the Snes & Nes stuff seems fairly limited compared to the Wii eShop. I'd like to play through LttP again before I play the sequel, but I take it I have to buy it through the Wii eShop, via Wii mode on the Wii U...& even then, I can't play it on the Wii U pad??

What is lttp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What is lttp?

Link to the Past

None. However, my PC obsessed brother has been harping on about it for a very long time and assures me it's up there with the best 1-player experiences out there.

You should be able to now with the latest update! ;)

[edit]
    Ah, I assume you could use the pad screen, but not controls? Stand to be corrected on this, not tried any Wii VC games on the pad yet. Assume you'd need a Wii Classic controller...?

Yeah looking to play it completely on the Pad itself {screen & controls}, is it just the games listed on the Wii U eShop that have Wii U pad support?

Only WiiU VConsole games can be played on the pad

Note, if you bought/buy a game for the Wii VC you can upgrade to WiiU VC (where available) for €1.50
    And that works if you buy through the vWii shop.
    So if you have a bunch of Wii Shop points to spend (or if you want to cash in Star Catalogue points at a rate of 4 Star points : 1 Wii Shop points, which is daylight robbery), you can buy the Wii VC game, then pay on the WiiU shop for the upgrade.

£15.98 and a long delivery wait will net you Injustice for WiiU as part of MegaMonday which means a) it'll be more expensive tomorrow but not by much and b) it will probably be back down to this price every monday to the end of time.
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/injustice-gods-among-us/10620417.html

• Advertisement

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/watch-dogs-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35366963
    wowhd finally put up watch dogs, 38 is good. They can be iffy on pre-orders since they're slow to post, so advise against if you're the impatient type.
    Also you should know it's release date was pushed back to at least April First.
    They also have tropical freeze and 3dworld at good prices

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35478635 35
    http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/super-mario-3d-world-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35478343 43

Are HMV selling Wii U games? What's the selection like if so?

They are. The selection wasn't great last time I was in, and the prices don't really match up with what they should be (at least to my mind!) but they are still a little cheaper than Gamestop.

With the exception of their online - beating NFS most wanted price, HMV 's wiiu pricing is mental. Gamestop-esque even!

But they've been open again for nearly a month which means they can start having sales again soon

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/watch-dogs-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35366963
    wowhd finally put up watch dogs, 38 is good. They can be iffy on pre-orders since they're slow to post, so advise against if you're the impatient type.
    Also you should know it's release date was pushed back to at least April First.
    They also have tropical freeze and 3dworld at good prices

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35478635 35
    http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/super-mario-3d-world-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35478343 43
    jesus thats cheap... any idea how long one could be left waiting for the games though? anyone use them before??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV is Xtravision by any other name, both are now owned by Hilco who have decided to go with the Xtravision theme in both stores, in some cases a HMV music style section has been introduced into Xtravision stores,long story short HMV stock and prices are the same as Xtravision now.

• Advertisement

HMV is Xtravision by any other name, both are now owned by Hilco who have decided to go with the Xtravision theme in both stores, in some cases a HMV music style section has been introduced into Xtravision stores,long story short HMV stock and prices are the same as Xtravision now.
    hmv or xtravision are buying limited to no wii u stock lads the last two or three big wii u releases they got no stock whatsoever. i rang their head office in tallaght and complained stating i had trade in credit for xtravision and guy told me hmv and xtravision have same game buyer now and he isnt buying wii u games for sale...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CMJ19M0?vs=1

Sonic lostvworld seems to be marmite some people love it others dont like controls etc

jesus thats cheap... any idea how long one could be left waiting for the games though? anyone use them before??

Not sure.
    Most games come out on Friday and I get them Monday 99% of the time.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u/dgc-nfsmwwiiu.htm
    Total: €18.26
    Delivered.

Not sure.
    Most games come out on Friday and I get them Monday 99% of the time.

From WowHD specifically?
    In my experience they take about a week and a half to two weeks to deliver, but then I've never pre-ordered from them so it would depend on when they get their stock. They're shipping from Hong Kong I think, so you can (though I never have) get hit for customs and it takes flipping ages to arrive.

From WowHD specifically?
    In my experience they take about a week and a half to two weeks to deliver, but then I've never pre-ordered from them so it would depend on when they get their stock. They're shipping from Hong Kong I think, so you can (though I never have) get hit for customs and it takes flipping ages to arrive.

Last time I pre-ordered from them they were cdwow, I can't speak about their pre-order delivery times from the name-change though.
    Last two wii u games I got I got from them and you can see my posts about them in this thread, I forget when they came and all that but I posted about it in here for people wondering about their delivery times.

"Oh, also just noticed my order from last night for pikmin is showing it's on back-order, so might be an extended wait." from 14/8
    "I got both mine luigi last week sometime and pikmin this morning, by the way." from 29/8
    So a back-ordered copy of pikmin 3 took 9 days to deliver, NSMLU took about 4 or 5 days I guess.
    They weren't pre-orders though.
    That's my conundrum, 3DWorld is cheapest there but I'm not sure, since it's a game I'd like to play on release day. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement