Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you wear on nights out?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

All so very true to the above two posts, but please,. could someone please define EMO for me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Lmao, The Urban Dictionary defines emos as follows:

"Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle."

Hard Core Good Charlotte fans then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

wow this has gone off topic.
    "Goth"(The type Ry talked about i.e the ones thinking their in charge and I'd also throw the kids wearing marilyn manson tshirts,white face paint and chains sitting outside the central bank into the same category) suck.
    EMO is cool, well, the music is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

rb_ie wrote:
    wow this has gone off topic.
    "Goth"(The type Ry talked about i.e the ones thinking their in charge and I'd also throw the kids wearing marilyn manson tshirts,white face paint and chains sitting outside the central bank into the same category) suck.
    EMO is cool, well, the music is.

EMO is my classification for those kids so to me it wouldn't be cool :) it would be something to avoid being :p. The music is cool if you're into that kind of music really as music is totally dependant on personal taste. BUT Don't mistake that for those who pretend to be into things just because they think it's cool. Such as EMO's all running down to dance every time "System" is played or any other band they think is deemed cool and they therefore presume to be cool if they think it is which is the sole reason they do!! GAH It's complicated :) Bottom line is there are too many of them.

Anyway we've ventured to an upper echelon of the heirarchy there with the inclusion of musical taste as well as style in clothing so going back to the clothing, it's cool if it's you, it's not if you're just pretending it is.

But then that begs the question what if they think it's them really? Well it's when they're making so much effort to fit in that it's obvious they don't. It's difficult to describe but not too difficult to see it when you see them.

I have to say I've mainly seen it in girls more than in the guys and that's not being sexist as I hate it in either side, it's just more obvious I guess. In guys the eyeliner and make up thing is yes, done by "true goths" as a style or whatever but it is being adopted by the "saps" and "wannabe's" because of this and therefore again tarnishing the "cool point" factor of it :) I'm no authority bar that I see this stuff every week and I can only quote what I've seen and observed first hand. Anyway yeh so...:o going on a bit here :)

Ry

Is system not a heavy metal band?and that kind of music sucks.I would not of called them Emo,
    I also wouldnt call those kids i was talking about Emo, but whatever, lets leave this topic and get back to the thread topic.

Does anyone know are those Nautica jackets still available in Arnotts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I dont know.i got mine about a yr ago.cost is about €350 for a light rain jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Made the mistake of buying a Columbia ski jacket last December for my trip to Germany in January. Wore it over there and never again- check out what skangers are wearing before you buy stuff, people. Such a pity too, because it was so snug! I'll stick to my Ralph Lauren, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Generally wear blue jeans, mostly a shirt but the odd time i might wear a t shirt to show off "the guns" and a pair of wallabees from clarks.

Whats the deal the deal with the 2 polos??

Wallabees?! ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Made the mistake of buying a Columbia ski jacket last December for my trip to Germany in January. Wore it over there and never again- check out what skangers are wearing before you buy stuff, people. Such a pity too, because it was so snug! I'll stick to my Ralph Lauren, thanks.

you wont wear a "snug" jacket that you clearly like cos you saw "skangers" wearing them? :confused: WTF???
    I wear what I like regardless of what the latest fashion is in the local council estate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Wallabees?! ROFL

may i refer you to your previous post about the columbia jacket, i think i've said enough. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

SexyD4Lady wrote:

omg ur so cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

JC 2K3 wrote:
    omg ur so cool
    :D

Whats the deal the deal with the 2 polos??
    You wouldn't get it.
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Made the mistake of buying a Columbia ski jacket last December for my trip to Germany in January. Wore it over there and never again- check out what skangers are wearing before you buy stuff, people. Such a pity too, because it was so snug! I'll stick to my Ralph Lauren, thanks

How did you not know that those jackets are part of the basic knacker uniform!?Well, you could of done worse, you could of bought a scandeh jacket. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:
    You wouldn't get it.

How did you not know that those jackets are part of the basic knacker uniform!?Well, you could of done worse, you could of bought a scandeh jacket. :D

/me laughs

Omg, i don't think i could laugh more falsely....

omg i wsh i ws teh cool jst lik u.
    actually im wearing a alovely black and red golf shirt i won...i think i am pulling it off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hair and make up done, hair very straight, black eyes, neutral rest of face, although I always do this, night out or not.
    If I have the tan done it's a skirt and heels with a low cut top, normally a long sleeved one so I don't have it all out! Mostly wear black, maybe brown or pink.
    If I haven't done the tan, black trousers and a low cut top, or skirt with boots if it's cold. So missing winter, boot wearing season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Pythia wrote:
    Hair and make up done, hair very straight, black eyes, neutral rest of face, although I always do this, night out or not.
    If I have the tan done it's a skirt and heels with a low cut top, normally a long sleeved one so I don't have it all out! Mostly wear black, maybe brown or pink.
    If I haven't done the tan, black trousers and a low cut top, or skirt with boots if it's cold. So missing winter, boot wearing season

Keep going keep going...>_<

:D

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Black.

I love wearing corsets, lace tops or anything I own really.. with velvet skirts or any of my skirts (all black (some with red and purple). I wear black tights/fishnets and usually my black boots/one of my pairs of new rocks/my purple docs. I don't know why I'm posting here... I don't wear these clothes to be fashionable. Just wear what I want to! And I LOVE Gothic clothes... because I'm a goth.. ha..

Black eyeliner + clothes = ready to go to brux and get locked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

No? OK, so you don't do things like wear razor blades around your necks "in case of emergency," wear black lip-stick and listen to HIM?! Go on about how everyone is conformist and forget that you're all going around wearing the same black, red and purple stuff?! And what's with the goth guys wearing eye-liner?! What's that about?! I mean, Jesus, look at your signature! Are you really that depressed or is it just an act? If you actually do suffer from clinical depression (I know what it's like) go see your GP, don't make it worse by writing depressing "poetry" about loneliness and withering fvcking roses?! Born amidst purple waterfalls, what's that supposed to mean, a metaphor? You were a C-section baby? Congratulations, so was I! You don't see me wearing black all the time, listening to HIM and randomly flipping people off for no reason! I'm all for being different and individuality and all that jazz, but walk into Bruxelles or Fibber's any night of the week andf you'll find girls just the same as you. Now who's the sheep? I might add that I was proud to waltz into Bruxelles and Fibber's before in my favourite pink shirt to see the reaction (which was quite hostile I might add) and some shaven-headed, tattooed, walking pin-cushion bitch even had the audacity to call me a walking Tommy Hilfiger advert! I have one pair of TH jeans. That's it! I called her a pin-cushion and she made some comment about her body being her canvass and I couldn't possibly understand blah blah blah. God! And that wasn't even my bad experience! I'm sure you're a lovely person Nightwish, but have you ever considered wearing a nice flouncy yellow dress for example? Fake tan instead of putting that white **** all over you? A lot of these goth chicks are quite attractive once you peel off the layers of black makeup and peircings. OK, rant over.

Narrow minded f**k. Why don't you go rob some cars dressed head to toe in burberry??? Don't make me rant on about how you dress.. Cos I think it's pretty sh*t myself! Fake tan?? Notice the word FAKE. Most of those bleedin scangers end up looking like oompa loompas.

You scangers tick me off but I tend not to care. You're as important as the sh*t on the street.

Have a nice evening :D Oh and don't walk down harry st. after dark :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i don't think he a skanger my dear...or i daresay he wouldnt have gotten the job of security at the slayer gig ;)

good choice of clothes by the way, i was won over by the time i got to ''Black.

I love wearing corsets,'' :)

• Advertisement

i don't think he a skanger my dear...or i daresay he wouldnt have gotten the job of security at the slayer gig ;)

Lmao :D

well tonight I'm wearing knee high doc's, fishnet tights (with extra holes now, cos I accidentally ripped them) black full length lace skirt, Spinal Tap top, rosary beads, black choker (In case of emergency(!))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

why the rosary beads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I'm shocked by the amount of goths using boards lately!

lynibeth seems to be the only onew i have noticed.

why the rosary beads

why the neck choker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No personal insults, folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

simu wrote:

sorry, thats my bad, just ran out of patience. I'll delete the post.

simu wrote:
    Heh looks like you dragged it up to say that, a good mod always trawls the forum to read every post and then acts like chuck norris.
    Wonder whom he abused...hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

on nights out i wear either a short skirt, knee high boots, and a plain(ish) top, or a dressy top, jeans/black trousers, and boots

• Advertisement

wow re-reading this has given me a chuckle or two!

Nightwish wrote:
    wow re-reading this has given me a chuckle or two!

Why, do you wear colours now and look back on your black days and laugh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Polo Shirt, pants or chinos and nice shoes for a night filled with clubbing goodness.

Proper shirt and classic Hilfiger jumper if I'm going for a meal.

Hoody and any type of casual pants if i'm just going for a quiet drink and no chance of clubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Goin' out I'll just wear trousers, if I wanna be fancier I'll wear a skirt, Then it's just a nice top or whatever I'm in the mood for. I don't really bother with goin' out clothes though I'd rather just wear somethin' different lookin than something "going out-ish"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Depends where I'm going.. If it's to a friend's house for a smoke up, hoody, baggy pants and a pair of skate shoes.. If it's to a party, prolly my chunky chords/pair of jeans and a Tommy or Rl shirt and a pair of suede shoes..

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Why, do you wear colours now and look back on your black days and laugh??
    No, its full speed ahead with the black days

• Advertisement

Nobody wants to wear kack, keep it black!

Thats it Tar...you're the only one with taste here!

I think it is just us, and possiblt the mods here with the good taste...but after seeing simus top yesterday...i'm beginning to doubt even that :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Unless u attend blackrock and plan on winning the Senior Cup i'd advise against chino's and especially dubes.

Maybe try a nice pair of lightly washed blue jeans, slightly darker than average brown leather shoes, simple but stylish shirt and then possibly try a dark jacket or black v-neck wool jumper ontop of this. Thats just one suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Bell-shaped skirts with petticoats and my beloved bloomers, high-necked blouses with pins at the neck (hoping to get or make myself a round-collared or peter pan-collared shirt in the near future), the occasional corset, frilled socks, mary-janes and lace-up boots, lace gloves, chokers and silver jewellery, cardigans and jackets that tie with ribbon, dresses with spacious skirts, my parasol and fan when it's a daytime excursion and warm/sunny. I lack suitable accessories but hopefully I can add a bonnet and some mini tophats to the list soon, now that I have some patterns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i know people who acctuallt wear stuff like that!!and my friend got a mini tophat online for 20 euros on ebay just so ya know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

I have a tophat and I love it it makes me feel obliged to say "dashing" adn act like someone from the Great Gatsby..:rolleyes: It's divine

Advertisement