Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you wear on nights out?

Options
  • 24-08-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

Simple question!(for guys and girls) ^^

Here's my options for a night out:

chinos/cords and a polo top(with a t-shirt under it or 2polos)
    chinos/cords and a t-shirt(or 2)
    chinos and a shirt(with a t-shirt under it)
    jeans and a polo top(one with a t-shirt or 2)
    jeans and a shirt(with a t-shirt under it)

and how long do you take getting ready?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i went to a going away party last week and I wore a black corset, a black and red lace knee length skirt, fishnet tights, black spiderweb arm warmers, and a pair of new rocks. took me about 15mins to get ready.

to the OP, without even looking at your location-its so obvious your a southsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nightwish wrote:
    to the OP, without even looking at your location-its so obvious your a southsider

i'll take that as a compliment ;)

whatever makes you feel better about yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

rb_ie wrote:
    Simple question!(for guys and girls) ^^

Here's my options for a night out:

chinos/cords and a polo top(with a t-shirt under it or 2polos)
    chinos/cords and a t-shirt(or 2)
    chinos and a shirt(with a t-shirt under it)
    jeans and a polo top(one with a t-shirt or 2)
    jeans and a shirt(with a t-shirt under it)

and how long do you take getting ready?

Why would you wear two polos together ?? isnt that just two shirt collars cutting off your air supply ?? (and yeah she roight south sider you are )

lol no, buttons open collars up - no cut off to the air supply at all!

oh n Nightwish: 15mins getting ready?Whoo,the first non high maintenance girl ive ever come across!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

rb_ie wrote:
    lol no, buttons open collars up - no cut off to the air supply at all!

oh n Nightwish: 15mins getting ready?Whoo,the first non high maintenance girl ive ever come across!

But two shirts man ! wheres the sanity??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm jeans or black bottoms.
    black shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I've seen two polos on ppl before.

yeah it only takes 5 mins to get dressed, 5 mins to fix my hair and 5 mins to do nail varnish and eyeliner. i wouldnt waste an hour of my life "getting ready" for a night out

weedhead wrote:
    But two shirts man ! wheres the sanity??

Two polos!they're light and look good!

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    yeah it only takes 5 mins to get dressed, 5 mins to fix my hair and 5 mins to do nail varnish and eyeliner. i wouldnt waste an hour of my life "getting ready" for a night out

What about brushing your teeth?!you could get away with it, providing youre not a smoker?!

Tar: get a white or red tie to wear with the black on black, the whole the hives look goes down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Usually jeans, random snappy tshirt, skate shoes.

To the OP - without even looking at anything else, it's obvious that you're a sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Nightwish wrote:
    i went to a going away party last week and I wore a black corset, a black and red lace knee length skirt, fishnet tights, black spiderweb arm warmers, and a pair of new rocks. took me about 15mins to get ready.

usually a pair of black jeans (or black leather trousers with cross-stitching up the side of the legs), top (equally black). If it's a tshirt, probably with a print on it. A pair of my trusty army boots and some chains.

And I'm a south-sider :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    omg you are a wonder woman...girls take hours and hours!at least some are sensible....yet to meet one :)

Tar: get a white or red tie to wear with the black on black, the whole the hives look goes down well.

heh,if i ever have problems i will take your advice to heart...good image though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Smart shoes. Smart jeans. Smart shirt. Nice aftershave (Ultraviolet Man for example).

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Jeans, some sort of combination of a t-shirts and shirts.

oh jesus christ Tar dont listen to him. You'd look like a complete twat with a tie on going out. since when are the Hives fashion icons?

Nightwish wrote:
    oh jesus christ Tar dont listen to him. You'd look like a complete twat with a tie on going out. since when are the Hives fashion icons?
    lol,you know i was joking,i thought you knew me better than that!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Same thing i would wear during the day :rolleyes: , all my clothes are nice :D . Only difference is ill do something funky with my hair :).

Nightwish wrote:
    Hey, i know guys who wear ties out with like jeans and a shirt on a night out!And they do extremely well for themselves!

• Advertisement

ah flicking up you hair...the oldest trick in the book :)

rb_ie wrote:
    Hey, i know guys who wear ties out with like jeans and a shirt on a night out!And they do extremely well for themselves!
    i dont want a girl thats after me for my tie......she had better like black! :)

Tar:
    Granted, most of the guys i know that wear ties and do well for themselves are gay, so maybe its more of a gay thing?HOWEVER, i do know straight guys whove went out with a casual tie,shirt n jeans on and have done extremely well for themselves too.
    Nothing wrong with all black, just never go out in all white :D

rb_ie wrote:
    Tar:
    Granted, most of the guys i know that wear ties and do well for themselves are gay, so maybe its more of a gay thing?HOWEVER, i do know straight guys whove went out with a casual tie,shirt n jeans on and have done extremely well for themselves too.
    Nothing wrong with all black, just never go out in all white :D
    ok gotchya if i ever feel like a good man i will wear a tie ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

always have to have a pair of sparkly shoes/flipflops on me!!! :)

rb_ie wrote:

i wouldnt touch a guy who wears a tie on a night out. maybe its a southside thing. A guy with a tie is after a certain kinda girl, or guy, and that girl I aint. my guy better be in black. Im a sucker for a guy in a black shirt and black cords

Larianne wrote:
    they worked on us all darlin :)

Nightwish wrote:
    i wouldnt touch a guy who wears a tie on a night out. maybe its a southside thing. A guy with a tie is after a certain kinda girl, or guy, and that girl I aint. my guy better be in black. Im a sucker for a guy in a black shirt and black cords
    i was gonna say that certain type of girl thing but refrained....cos most of the girls i know are quite different from what i would prefer them to be but they are still great...hmmm oh to have your preference!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh Tar, got meself a pair of new sparkly shoes. Their red and glittery like dorothy's in the wizard of Oz!! Soooooo cool!! :)

Larianne wrote:

Alot of the girls in work wear those flip flops...you can hear them coming a mile away thanks to the little shuffling sound they make :D pity our managers don't,it'd be so handy to know when they're coming.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:
    Oh Tar, got meself a pair of new sparkly shoes. Their red and glittery like dorothy's in the wizard of Oz!! Soooooo cool!! :)
    i expect them to be worn in november young lady! you could go in a dorothy motif :)

Advertisement