Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you wear on nights out?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i've never pmed somebody in my life and never will....im too shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i've never pmed somebody in my life and never will....im too shy.
    We`d knock that out of ya at the waterford beers man , ya coming?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

waterford beers,never heard of it....! ;)
    nah sorry i cant go with college and poorness coming up.i'll see ya at the main one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Use Msn Then, You're Clogging The Thread.

what's mns,it sounds scary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

what's mns,it sounds scary?
    its for the D4 poshies. its not relevant to us poor people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah stop clogging the thread with off topic stuff that absolutely noone could benefit from having to read.

SexyD4Lady: I've seen those blazers, they're pretty cool!Think they do them for guys too..
    And what do ya mean when ya go to a club?!?Aren't you the one who posted this !?

this thread has made me change my style,i now wear

chinos/cords and a polo top(with a t-shirt under it and over it or 3 polos)
    chinos/cords and a t-shirt(or 7 but no underwear)
    chinos and a shirt(with a gucci t-shirt under it as underwear)
    jeans and a polo top(one with a t-shirt or 2 kappa hoodies with extra zips)
    jeans and no shirt(with a t-shirt under it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

penis

penis
    nothing like wearing a penis my good man...:)

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    Yeah stop clogging the thread with off topic stuff that absolutely noone could benefit from having to read.
    the south dubliners are taking over!!!

this is what I wear on a night out
    http://heavyred.com/product.php?xProd=162&xSec=4&jssCart=53d206d546a156a27ab35ca22a1deef6

or this type of outfit
    http://www.blackrose.co.uk/index.php?leaf=PLSKWI03

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Nightwish...love the skirt in linky2 its fab very 'in' at the moment tho...

Nightwish wrote:
    the south dubliners are taking over!!!

this is what I wear on a night out
    http://heavyred.com/product.php?xProd=162&xSec=4&jssCart=53d206d546a156a27ab35ca22a1deef6

or this type of outfit
    http://www.blackrose.co.uk/index.php?leaf=PLSKWI03
    Hummana Hummana Hummana Hummana

its "in"? I wouldnt know whats in fashion or not.
    btw, matthewthebig, I only wish I was as hot as those lovely ladies in the pics

Hummana Hummana Hummana Hummana

I dunno, the girl in the second link is hot, so the outfit looks hot...it'd just look odd on ugly girls

and he only wishes he was as big as his name suggests.
    i love both those links,shock.

rb_ie wrote:
    I dunno, the girl in the second link is hot, so the outfit looks hot...it'd just look odd on ugly girls

then it prob looks odd on me, but Im ok with that.

hey i am big

penis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

this post is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Shrimp wrote:
    I've seen two polos on ppl before.
    and it looks silly. I'll generally wear a shirt with the cuffs open or rolled right up above my elbow, open to the second button down, jeans and a belt. Bottom of shirt is tucked in or left flapping, depends on my mood and how warm I am! My customary pair of glasses are left in my pocket and it's contact lenses all the way. It takes me about 15mins to get ready, although sometimes I have a "bad contact day" and it takes a while to put the lenses in which can be VERY frustrating!

Nightwish wrote:
    i'm an endangered species Tar!!!
    Thankfully... nothing scarier than a Goth Chick **Shudder**

Mmmm... nothing sexier than a Goth Chick **Sigh**
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Usually wear a pair of baggy trousers (either jeans or pinstriped black ones), my docs, some random mismatched chunky jewellery and a cleavage exposing top, with a suit-style jacket or my trench. Ten minutes to dress, ten minutes for hair, five for makeup and five to brush teeth and get all my crap into a bag. Eyeliner is a staple, and although the clothes don't have to black they usually are. Hair is short and spikey hence the ten minutes thing (eveery bit has to stand up :P)

Heh, nightwish, you dress exactly how I used to when I was about 14/15, except maybe more colour, I was an all black girl.
    http://members.boards.ie/edibility/me2.JPG

Thankfully... nothing scarier than a Goth Chick **Shudder**

be afraid then........

Nightwish wrote:
    be afraid then........
    Do you have a list of people to kill at the beers with nija death stars?

• Advertisement

Do you have a list of people to kill at the beers with nija death stars?

nah....just trying to live up to this guys misguided goth sterotype
    I'll only harm those who'll mention Avril Lavigne in my presence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Ninja death stars....pretteh......

i can imagine it now.... "hi 'avr..' punch" :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

adidasgazelleblk.jpg

I love these runners! They make me feel like Imelda Marcos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Usually jeans and a shirt. But I can make anything look good so it doesn't really matter.

• Advertisement

i can imagine it now.... "hi 'avr..' punch" :)

got it one..........you learn quickly young padwan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Mostly:
    Jeans w/ polo shirt
    Jeans w/ t-shirt + zip up top
    Jeans w/ shirt

either shoes or my skate shoes, depending on where Im going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I always wear heels.
    Either jeans or a skirt
    Some sort of top. But I've different clothes for goin out than wearing durin the day.
    Last weekend I wore tight blue jeans, black pvc knee high stilletto boots over the jeans and a black fitted halterneck waistcoat style top.
    Takes me about an hour an a half to get ready by the time I have a shower n do my hair etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

kaids wrote:
    adidasgazelleblk.jpg

I love these runners! They make me feel like Imelda Marcos...

Em, Why? They're nice runner's n all but imelda marcos, really?

Nightwish wrote:
    nah....just trying to live up to this guys misguided goth sterotype
    I'll only harm those who'll mention Avril Lavigne in my presence
    Well I had a bad experience with a Goth Chick. Not something I care to relive... Btw Kaids, those are Adidas runners. Think how many of Imelda Marcos' own countrymen and women are slaving away in some sweat shop right now for 3 cents an hour to make those things? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Jeans, t-shirt, socks, runners/boots and jocks!

Well I had a bad experience with a Goth Chick. Not something I care to relive...

we're not all the same...

Nightwish wrote:
    we're not all the same...
    No? OK, so you don't do things like wear razor blades around your necks "in case of emergency," wear black lip-stick and listen to HIM?! Go on about how everyone is conformist and forget that you're all going around wearing the same black, red and purple stuff?! And what's with the goth guys wearing eye-liner?! What's that about?! I mean, Jesus, look at your signature! Are you really that depressed or is it just an act? If you actually do suffer from clinical depression (I know what it's like) go see your GP, don't make it worse by writing depressing "poetry" about loneliness and withering fvcking roses?! Born amidst purple waterfalls, what's that supposed to mean, a metaphor? You were a C-section baby? Congratulations, so was I! You don't see me wearing black all the time, listening to HIM and randomly flipping people off for no reason! I'm all for being different and individuality and all that jazz, but walk into Bruxelles or Fibber's any night of the week andf you'll find girls just the same as you. Now who's the sheep? I might add that I was proud to waltz into Bruxelles and Fibber's before in my favourite pink shirt to see the reaction (which was quite hostile I might add) and some shaven-headed, tattooed, walking pin-cushion bitch even had the audacity to call me a walking Tommy Hilfiger advert! I have one pair of TH jeans. That's it! I called her a pin-cushion and she made some comment about her body being her canvass and I couldn't possibly understand blah blah blah. God! And that wasn't even my bad experience! I'm sure you're a lovely person Nightwish, but have you ever considered wearing a nice flouncy yellow dress for example? Fake tan instead of putting that white **** all over you? A lot of these goth chicks are quite attractive once you peel off the layers of black makeup and peircings. OK, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Generally a lot of black, for some reason I always end up in black...I have a multi-colored wardrobe and theres a red dress that's been sitting there for nearly 6 months begging to be worn...but I always forget about it when I'm heading out.

General outfit-black skirt, black lace top or fancy shiney black top (oo variety), stockings(however a lil warm still), high heels and of course a shiney handbag :) or if I'm lazy and its a "Doran's night" jeans, t shirt and something I dragged out of my linen basket that didnt smell too bad...classy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Timberland blk shoes,
    Diesel jeans or Tommy h. cords,
    white tommy h. shirt or striped boss shirt
    and either Nautica jacket or black suede Hugh Boss jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

and it looks silly. I'll generally wear a shirt with the cuffs open or rolled right up above my elbow, open to the second button down, jeans and a belt. Bottom of shirt is tucked in or left flapping, depends on my mood and how warm I am! My customary pair of glasses are left in my pocket and it's contact lenses all the way. It takes me about 15mins to get ready, although sometimes I have a "bad contact day" and it takes a while to put the lenses in which can be VERY frustrating!

Are these barn dances you go too? :)

Farls wrote:
    Lmao :D

No? OK, so you don't do things like wear razor blades around your necks "in case of emergency," wear black lip-stick and listen to HIM?! Go on about how everyone is conformist and forget that you're all going around wearing the same black, red and purple stuff?! And what's with the goth guys wearing eye-liner?! What's that about?! I mean, Jesus, look at your signature! Are you really that depressed or is it just an act? If you actually do suffer from clinical depression (I know what it's like) go see your GP, don't make it worse by writing depressing "poetry" about loneliness and withering fvcking roses?! Born amidst purple waterfalls, what's that supposed to mean, a metaphor? You were a C-section baby? Congratulations, so was I! You don't see me wearing black all the time, listening to HIM and randomly flipping people off for no reason! I'm all for being different and individuality and all that jazz, but walk into Bruxelles or Fibber's any night of the week andf you'll find girls just the same as you. Now who's the sheep? I might add that I was proud to waltz into Bruxelles and Fibber's before in my favourite pink shirt to see the reaction (which was quite hostile I might add) and some shaven-headed, tattooed, walking pin-cushion bitch even had the audacity to call me a walking Tommy Hilfiger advert! I have one pair of TH jeans. That's it! I called her a pin-cushion and she made some comment about her body being her canvass and I couldn't possibly understand blah blah blah. God! And that wasn't even my bad experience! I'm sure you're a lovely person Nightwish, but have you ever considered wearing a nice flouncy yellow dress for example? Fake tan instead of putting that white **** all over you? A lot of these goth chicks are quite attractive once you peel off the layers of black makeup and peircings. OK, rant over.

your an angry angry guy. Maybe its you who needs to see somebody. I mean you get pi$$ed off at poetry....wow. You have issues. I dont care if Im conforming. Everybody is one stereotype or another. There are labels to fit even the most individual of people. I dont go near Fibbers or Bruxelles so I dont know their clientele. I see you made a comment about "white ****" all over my face. You have never seen me so how can you make a comment like that? I'll have you know that I dont wear make up or corpse paint. I dont have any piercings. Anyway, what I wear makes me feel good about myself, the same way whatever you wear makes you feel good about yourself. Asking me to wear a yellow dress is like me asking you to wear all black clothes, and a long black coat. People are different for a reason. If we were all the same life would be very boring. So what are you so angry about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

haha, you're a dick.

wear what you feel like and don't laugh at others, one point I'll make though, black is by far the easiest colour to wear adn after wearing nothing but black for too long it is hard to wear something of another colour, constant variety is the key ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

How did you get such a hostile reaction?! I've worn pink to Bruxelles and have never had any problem, nobody cared what I was wearing. To have got a reaction like that, it can't have been just your appearance - it was probably the way you 'proudly waltzed' in with a superiority complex
    Also, what was with your rant? There are very few completely non-conformist people out there; people have to buy their clothes from somewhere you know, so generally there will be other people who dress the same as you. If people feel more comfortable wearing black and purple clothes with eyeliner, so what? I don't wear flouncy yellow dresses or fake tan, because yellow looks awful with my blonde hair and fake tan is always too dark for my skintone - at least I have the sense not to turn myself into an oompa loompa in the name of 'fashion'. Stop caring so much about appearance, you'd certainly do better to work on your personality

Nightwish wrote:
    your an angry angry guy. Maybe its you who needs to see somebody. I mean you get pi$$ed off at poetry....wow. You have issues. I dont care if Im conforming. Everybody is one stereotype or another. There are labels to fit even the most individual of people. I dont go near Fibbers or Bruxelles so I dont know their clientele. I see you made a comment about "white ****" all over my face. You have never seen me so how can you make a comment like that? I'll have you know that I dont wear make up or corpse paint. I dont have any piercings. Anyway, what I wear makes me feel good about myself, the same way whatever you wear makes you feel good about yourself. Asking me to wear a yellow dress is like me asking you to wear all black clothes, and a long black coat. People are different for a reason. If we were all the same life would be very boring. So what are you so angry about?
    I do actually own a long black coat... Leather and everything, and I'm not angry at all.
    Nightwish wrote:
    Anyway, what I wear makes me feel good about myself, the same way whatever you wear makes you feel good about yourself.
    Fair enough. It's more the attitude that goes with Goths though which gets me than what they wear. There's that crazy lunatic who walks around Dublin with his OTT black makeup, over-sized boots etc. and sticks his tongue out at random people who look at him sideways, then there's the HMV employee yesterday whose response when I asked him about a certain CD was just plain rude and was followed by "I don't care." Look, much of my above post was meant to be taken with a little pinch of salt and wasn't supposed to be incredibly mean. It's difficult to get that across when typing it on boards, if I was in front of you when I was making similar comments I guarantee you'd be laughing! As for JC_2K3's comment that I'm a dick, at least I have one buddy ;) nightwish, I don't mind if you're conforming, I do it too, what I don't like is the way Goths (at least those I've spoken to) go on about people being all the same etc and they're expressing their individuality but then they are actually just as bad as the rest of us. Hypocrites. I do apologise to Nightwish though if I caused offence. :D

Farls wrote:
    Er... No. It's not a belt with a massive buckle on it as you imply, it's one of those white canvass belts and the end of it dangles down, jeans are worn and have a coule of holes in them, shirt has some form of stitched pattern on it and is not a check one either. :)

hehe,that was a good read.you seem like a good guy mr belial but less stereotypical mumbojumbo,goth does not equal EMO :)
    black is my fav colour,i don't wear it because i am depreessed-it makes me feel good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hmmm, I'm going to push the boat out a littel here with a bit of a wild notion.

All these "goths" who go around annoying people? Maybe they're just being cock-bites. Just like every other person being a dickhead on the street.

As for walking into Bruxelles in a pink shirt, tbh, meh. But I could guaruantee you money that I would get strange looks if I walked into a "normal" club in pvc, leather, latex, chains, etc. (not saying that I do walk into clubs dressed like such generally speaking anyway *cough* only sometimes). You'll find w@nkers in all walks of life. F*ck 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I have to say I can see where SOB is coming from to a degree with the goth EMO thing but that IS just some of them and usually the younger ones who are thinking they're the sh1t just because they think the style they're conforming to (i.e gothic) is the coolest there is so they think all others are stupid and haven't a clue but as I said they're young EMO's thinking they are superior to "all the pe0ns conforming to the norm" below them.

I go to fibbers every week and I see them going around thinking they're in charge when they're just little 17 and 18 year old kids who haven't a clue how ignorant and petty they really are.

BUT What son of belial didn't say which I'm sure he meant was it's not ALL goths by Any means not all. Like I said I go to fibbers every week. I'm not gothic myself I just enjoy the music and atmosphere but the majority of goths are not like that it's just the EMO's that paint a really bad rep for those truly into the style, ("true goths" I guess is a way to put it) who are just preferring to dress that way or style themselves that way by being "Holier than thou" children in their new found style or image.

Kids :rolleyes:

Ry :p

Advertisement