Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halfords Advanced 36 Piece Socket Set 1/4" €18

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Cheers Op ... less than €13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lidl had this yesterday. not sure if there are any left anywhere.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=9180

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ALS wrote: »

That's excellent. Stacked discounts FTW.

They took my trade card off me years ago. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

ALS wrote: »

So you can use both cards AXA & trade on any transaction . A branch told me before I could not use both... I will know for again....

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Picked mine up today and it fell apart before I even used. Little ball bearing piped out. Lost in the grass now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Picked mine up today and it fell apart before I even used. Little ball bearing piped out. Lost in the grass now!

Time to test their lifetime warranty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

Sixtoes wrote: »

Bring it back, lifetime warranty. I know it's not supposed to cover moving parts, but it should be obvious it was a defect rather than misuse. At the very worst, they sell new ratchet kits for a couple of euro

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

cletus wrote: »
    Bring it back, lifetime warranty. I know it's not supposed to cover moving parts, but it should be obvious it was a defect rather than misuse. At the very worst, they sell new ratchet kits for a couple of euro

The lifetime guarantee now covers ratchets and ratchet spanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Collected the set at halfords but said my trade card won't work and gave me the speech about it not working on stuff on special!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

None in stock in any of their stores . Not a bargain if you can’t buy it , just an advert.

• Advertisement

Daz_ wrote: »
    None in stock in any of their stores . Not a bargain if you can’t buy it , just an advert.

Plenty of people, including myself, got one. They might just be sold out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Daz_ wrote:

Didn't seem to be in some stores from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I got one in Galway at weekend.
    Had reserved online using link in OP.

Looks tidy but haven't used yet.

But sure the same thing happens with Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It was in all the others though... :pac:

cletus wrote: »
    Plenty of people, including myself, got one. They might just be sold out...

Good for you but maybe time to call this one expired

Daz_ wrote:
    Good for you but maybe time to call this one expired

Yeah the link is saying all stores empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

18 euro from 80 euro are having laugh bought a 210 piece socket set today for 89 euro in lidl good set every thing in it bar the kitchen sink the set in halfords is quarter drive thats all one in lidl 17 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

jacob2 wrote:
    18 euro from 80 euro are having laugh bought a 210 piece socket set today for 89 euro in lidl good set every thing in it bar the kitchen sink the set in halfords is quarter drive thats all one in lidl 17 euro

Any link to the Lidl one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yeah the link is saying all stores empty.
    Probably doesn't bode well for me - have a set reserved in Coolock but can't make it there until tomorrow. Will ring tomorrow & see if they still have it

• Advertisement

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Probably doesn't bode well for me - have a set reserved in Coolock but can't make it there until tomorrow. Will ring tomorrow & see if they still have it

When I reserved, they sent me a message saying they'd hold it for a week. Was in a locked container in the store and all :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

freebee23 wrote: »
    The lifetime guarantee now covers ratchets and ratchet spanners.

Halfords replaced it for me yesterday. They just gave me a ratchet off the shelf. Same type.

Ah yes , the bargain that keeps on Not giving ...

Advertisement