Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    It does seem light but I usually wear layers with long sleeve tops under jumpers and I love wearing big scarves, im thinking it can be worn all year round too, for that price I want to get allot of wear out of it. Just ordered it, hopefully it looks as nice in person as it does online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    It does seem light but I usually wear layers with long sleeve tops under jumpers and I love wearing big scarves, im thinking it can be worn all year round too, for that price I want to get allot of wear out of it. Just ordered it, hopefully it looks as nice in person as it does online.

Would love to know how heavy it is in person as it's a lovely coat and have also been considering buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I have a wedding next week, after a couple ASOS buys and returns I ended up picking this up in New Look. Thought it was a bit dull at first to be honest but it actually all comes together quite nicely as an outfit, and it's nice on me as I'm curvy.

plum-satin-pleated-midi-dress.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

I also picked up a dark grey beaded clutch, it's not up on the website but it goes perfectly with the shoes I plan to wear - got these bad boys on crazy sale in Prada at Kildare village last christmas

p7aedt-5fe0d76d6153ee1b42c349cd42e8ba0a90fba49b.jpg

The dress and clutch were €60 together, gave my student card and paid €48, can't complain!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The shoes, wow!!!! Fabulous!

I had to return a jumpsuit from Paperdolls (bought on Asos) as the quality, fit and finishing of the garment was so poor. Very disappointed, considering I paid €88 for it. That was the sterling converted, the actual euro price was €107!

So, still in need of something to wear to my "big" birthday next month, I've ordered this. Here's hoping!
    Edited to add - It's from Warehouse via Asos
    warehouse_03494736_2.jpg

Really feeling myself in this winter weather! Treated myself to a new pair of Doc Martens, in the Pascal soft leather style. I have my other pair (bottle green) over 10 years but I just could not be arsed breaking in a new pair, so hopefully the soft leather are good to go. I don't expect they'll last as long, we'll see.

The best price I could get was on https://www.greenesshoes.com/, and a 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. I paid €139, versus €192 on Asos :eek::eek::eek:

4bb70187-c19a-4e1c-8269-4f2661ebef05.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&trim=color&trimcolor=FFF&w=780&h=838

Twee. wrote: »
    Really feeling myself in this winter weather! Treated myself to a new pair of Doc Martens, in the Pascal soft leather style. I have my other pair (bottle green) over 10 years but I just could not be arsed breaking in a new pair, so hopefully the soft leather are good to go. I don't expect they'll last as long, we'll see.

The best price I could get was on https://www.greenesshoes.com/, and a 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. I paid €139, versus €192 on Asos :eek::eek::eek:

4bb70187-c19a-4e1c-8269-4f2661ebef05.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&trim=color&trimcolor=FFF&w=780&h=838

Love Doc Martens, they are so classic, they never go out of style and no matter what age you are they look cool.

I can never get a pair of black doc martins to fit me, I have dark blue ones that fit perfectly but black are either too big or too small, tried on different ones in different places and always have the same problem.
    Any else or do I just have weird feet?

These are gorgeous though, love the soft leather.

For anyone who wanted to know what the coat I posted about previously is like after it was delivered - https://www.oasis-stores.com/ie/clothing/jackets-coats/wrap-coat/070335.html?dwvar_070335_color=37&position=52&cgid=coats-and-jackets#page=4&productsMoved=0&hideFeatured=false&start=52&categoryID=coats-and-jackets&cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-Affiliate-_-UKNetwork-_-TnL5HPStwNw&utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=LinkShare&utm_campaign=UKNetwork&utm_content=10&utm_term=Skimlinks.com&ranMID=24798&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-sQqumub1r0YTRlJkC7Z.Mg&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-sQqumub1r0YTRlJkC7Z.Mg

Its gorgeous, very fitted, has a frock coat vibe which is cool I think, nothing like anything else I own and can be dressy or just worn with jeans.
    The material is actually quite thick and heavy so can be worn in winter but I would wear a jumper or layers under it and as said before, its not the type of coat youd want to get stuck in the rain in but then I knew it wasnt a rain jacket when I bought it.
    Its really classy looking and comfortable and its true to size. Definitely worth the money.

I just got an email saying they're out of stock and are refunding me, raging! I'll have to have a nose around for some other good deals. I'll wear them with eveything so don't mind spending, but if there's a saving to be had I want it :pac:

That's so strange about the black ones! What size shoe are you normally? I wonder could you look at the kids ones as they're not as wide? Maybe if you're size 5 or smaller. I'm a 7 so don't know how valid this idea is lol.

I had sized down in the ones I ordered. My old ones are a 7 but once they wore in they were a bit big for me.

• Advertisement

I just got an email saying they're out of stock and are refunding me, raging! I'll have to have a nose around for some other good deals. I'll wear them with eveything so don't mind spending, but if there's a saving to be had I want it :pac:

That's so strange about the black ones! What size shoe are you normally? I wonder could you look at the kids ones as they're not as wide? Maybe if you're size 5 or smaller. I'm a 7 so don't know how valid this idea is lol.

I had sized down in the ones I ordered. My old ones are a 7 but once they wore in they were a bit big for me.

Thats so annoying, hate when that happens. Did you look on Schuh.ie? Sometimes they have really good deals on and their shoes are sometimes cheaper than other places I find.

Im a 5 and a half but usually just wear a six when I cant get half sizes, its so strange because some of the other colours fit so well, its just the black ones. I will try the kids ones, ive a few pairs of shoes that ive bought in the kids section and theyre the best fitting shoes I own.

Good call.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got this sweater in Vero Moda

10217843_MistyRose_713233_001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got this tailored coat in Vero Moda recently. Its the JDY range, sold out now I think. Really nice fit and quality.

xxemma_check_coat_in_black.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Classy looking coat, dateless and timeless, easy to dress it up or down, well wear!

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Classy looking coat, dateless and timeless, easy to dress it up or down, well wear!

Thanks! It was a great price too, only €50! I will probably wear it more often in a casual way, but at least its perfect to dress up too.

• Advertisement

My husband bought me these beautiful Bourbon Amy Huberman boots for my birthday! I had pointed them out but never expected him to buy them! Delighted!

27_dresses_fudge_2.jpg?itok=lNOYbIy3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I bought this quilted jacket in Lidl yesterday,

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/fashion/ladies-quilted-jacket/p29209

I got it in blue.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Picked up the Spanx Moto leggings, delighted with them! So comfortable and well fitted. The only thing is that they're so tight they left lines on my legs where the stripes/pleats are!

978a59dc-e86c-474e-af33-5d76084e9fb1.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&w=1660&h=2546

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Those are stunning. Where did you get them Twee?

Those are stunning. Where did you get them Twee?

I got them in Brown Thomas, Arnotts also have them. https://www.brownthomas.com/women/clothing/trousers-shorts/motorbike-leggings/30x5351x20136rveryblk.html

• Advertisement

I ordered this sweatshirt from Dunnes. I saw one in my local store this evening, but there was only 1 in xs left, so I looked online and they had some still in stock.
    https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/savida-fringe-jacquard-sweatshirt/7926449?colour=Navy

7926449_navy.jpg

Very impressed with Dunnes online service. I ordered that top last night and I had an email before 9am to say it was ready to be collected from my local store! No charge for delivery to store of your choice, and so quick! Great service!

They're fab, I've been after something similar myself! They'd look great in the spring with nice runners as well.

My winter wardrobe seems to be comprised of just various types of leather trousers. I got a PVC pair that I LOVE the look of, but they squeak when I walk :pac::pac::pac:

They're fab, I've been after something similar myself! They'd look great in the spring with nice runners as well.

My winter wardrobe seems to be comprised of just various types of leather trousers. I got a PVC pair that I LOVE the look of, but they squeak when I walk :pac::pac::pac:

I am looking forward to wearing them with a pair of nice trainers. Its good they can be dressed up and worn casual! So comfortable too. Can't wear the tight leather look, makes my thighs look huge (worse than they are!) lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I bought the Stylebook app a few weeks ago and have been slowly cataloguing my clothes so I can make good use of what I have.

Lovely purchases Milli Milli.

I never heard of the Stylebook app, it sounded intriguing so I also bought it :P

I want to get better organised with regards to my wardrobe this year and also it kind of reminded me of the software Cher had in clueless :D

I got a pair of ankle boots from Hudson in the sales (which are due to arrive today)- Hudson London Hedemann Suede Taupe Boot.

190908_hudson_shoes-7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

Needed some new bits for all the walking/running/hiking/yoga I'm going to do from January :D

fleck-hoodie-women-s-pink-fleck-hoodie-gym-coffee-11472475553897.jpg?v=1569759508

women-s-t-shirt-women-s-raglan-tech-ss-in-pink-gym-coffee-11452492972137.jpg?v=1563550311

20% off 2 items, they arrived today and I'm very impressed with the quality

ooops, sorry for the giant images

Bought this in Mango a few days ago, it fits perfectly and is very suitable for work or a meal out with friends..

57035942_99.jpg?ts=1573805051427&imwidth=456&imdensity=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Just ordered this suit from Suitsupply, fantastic price and I had a €25 voucher so got it for an even better price! This was a new item but looks like it'll be sold out very soon.

P5983_1.jpg

(sorry for the large image)

• Advertisement

I was looking to buy a pair of wholecut shoes for some time now but I've too many shoes for too little occasions :pac:

But these came up at a good price and I've a few weddings coming up in 2020 so I thought why not, most of my shoes are various shades of brown so brown was a no no for this purchase....

499568.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I can't find that app on Google play on an Android device. Have either of you found it useful? It sounds like the kind of thing I need!

Got a new coat for my winter holiday from Superdry.
    So cosy. It has a lovely tweed bit at the top and on the arms

upload9223368955665432269.jpg

Can I ask where you bought it mili, I'm looking for something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Can I ask where you bought it mili, I'm looking for something similar.

She said Superdry in her post :) It's a gorgeous coat!! If only I needed a new Winter one :D

jellybear wrote: »
    She said Superdry in her post :) It's a gorgeous coat!! If only I needed a new Winter one :D

I never spotted that.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Superdry coats are brilliant. I got a down jacket for an amazing price in a sale and it's a million times better than any coat I've ever had. Properly warm, no matter how freezing the weather is, cosy, lovely big hood to keep me dry. I leave the house before 6am to wait at a bus stop to go to work and it makes it so much easier...like wearing a cosy blanket!

Now I just need to find some warm, comfortable boots to go with it... got a pair of 'Just Sheepskin' ones years ago in TK Maxx and they were amazing but haven't seen them in ages now...any recommendations?

Duvet Day, I got it straight from the Superdry website. I don’t know if you’re in Dublin - it might be in store? It also comes in navy.
    Ordered it Sunday and got it Tuesday. Free delivery & returns.

https://www.superdry.ie/womens/jackets/details/91744/elements-tweed-hooded-parka-jacket--black

Yes have to agree about Superdry - coats are so warm

Duvet Day, I got it straight from the Superdry website. I don’t know if you’re in Dublin - it might be in store? It also comes in navy.
    Ordered it Sunday and got it Tuesday. Free delivery & returns.

https://www.superdry.ie/womens/jackets/details/91744/elements-tweed-hooded-parka-jacket--black

Yes have to agree about Superdry - coats are so warm

Thank you..I'm going away for the weekend and made a snap purchase in Pamela Scott on Saturday, I wanted a black ,slightly padded,shiny jacket ,long length like yours,I knew I wasn't a 100%about it..60e down from 120e ..its not warm enough and I knew it but still purchased,no return only exchange or credit note.Ive been fairly sensible recently when buying because I've a house full of impulse buys but I let my guard down lol.Yours is lovely.

• Advertisement

I've a house full of impulse buys but I let my guard down lol.Yours is lovely.

I know what you mean all too well!

If you’re not wearing the impulse buys, is there a chance you could put them up on a Buy & Sell Facebook group (or similar) and see if you could get a few quid for them? Then you could get the Superdry coat with no guilt? ;)

I know what you mean all too well!

If you’re not wearing the impulse buys, is there a chance you could put them up on a Buy & Sell Facebook group (or similar) and see if you could get a few quid for them? Then you could get the Superdry coat with no guilt? ;)

I used to do that but the effort..the photos, meeting people, non showers etc,I need to get back into it..my coat is still in the bag since Saturday, I'll try it again tomorrow I do love the big furry black hood so that's a plus lol,definitely superdry next I never even thought of going there and I very rarely go to TK Max,I'll try there at the weekend.

I bought the Penneys 8e faux leather leggings at the weekend and find them lovely, got them as I was wearing my good ones too much and I'm surprised at how nice they are,would recommend.

I picked up this dress from Penney's today. It seemed to be the last one and my size, and reduced from €20 to €10! It fits lovely and I'd say I'll wear into the summer really.

*I Had to link the image as its not allowing me to put the photo of it up from the image location.
    https://primedia.primark.com/s/primark/129551717_ms?locale=en-*,*&$product$

A few things from me :)

Uniqlo

Uniqlo Souffle Yarn Mock Neck Jumper

I got this in grey, pink and beige. Bought them at €19.90, but they're further reduced to €12.90. The pink is lovely irl :)
    goods_10_420307.jpg?width=734

Not many sizes left, but a little bit of research online shows that & Other stories stock a similar style.

As an aside, is it just me or has cosy knitwear become very hip all of a sudden.... I think Sézane is partially to blame...knitwear is now sexy :cool:

River Island

One of my pairs of Amelie jeans is a bit worse for wear at the moment - I usually have 2 pairs in dark denim on the go - so I bought this pair in a similar colourway (reduced from €50 to €30; managed to get the last size 12 - win! :p)

740839_alt2?$productImageLarge$

Also bought Molly Navy cord jeggings (reduced from €55 to €18) - as thought they'd go nicely with the Uniqlo jumpers

740264_alt2?$productImageLarge$

Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford :pac: They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?q=Extra%20Fine%20Merino%20Jumpers%20%26%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours ;)

Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.

Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

SozBbz wrote: »
    Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.
    I find them great for cheap seamless leggings, trench coats, some co-labs and merino jumpers. I have their cashmere jumper and I would not rate that one. I got a pair of their regular line cigarette jeans and found them very poor quality, I also have uniqlo u jeans and they are great. I never tried their work trousers because I
    find elasticated back of the waist a bit cheap looking. Heatech stuff is great to layer under things.

I don't think they are very exciting brand but you get solid quality for the basics to pair with more interesting items in your wardrobe from other brands.

It is a bit overwhelming, even the store in London. Just piles and piles of every colour and fit! I have bought a fair bit from them over the years and always impressed with the quality. I have my merino knits since December and have machine-washed and worn plenty, no complaints so far.

Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford :pac: They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?q=Extra%20Fine%20Merino%20Jumpers%20%26%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours ;)

I love the Uniqlo on Oxford street - that was my gateway to Uniqlo :D
    Also their merino wool range is great. The crew necks regularly come up on limited deals and you can get them for €19.90.

Yeah, Sézanes' clothes are gorgeous. They're are pricey enough, but seem to be really nice quality. Le sigh :D

(I recently saw a review of their clothes on a youtube video, I though it was this one by Emily Mariko, but on reviewing the video, it wasn't - she reviewed other French brands, but not Sézane. I now can't for the life of me remember who produced the video - if I remember I'll update my post as it was a fairly thorough review of the brands' knitwear.)

Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?

I'm the very same. This is the main reason why I try to avoid expensive delicate items, as I'm afraid I'll either destroy them and they'll never be the same after I've washed them :(... or I won't have the discipline to handwash them (read: I'll be too lazy to handwash them :pac:).

Yet, I'm try to avoid purchasing fast fashion, so Uniqlo is a happy medium in some ways. Granted their clothes are mass produced, but I feel they're decent quality for the money, handy for basics, last longer than clothes at similar price points (I have some of their clothes for years and they've held their shape/colour well) and can be machine washed at a normal or delicate cycle were needed.

They have a lot of stock - whenever I visit their stores it takes me ages to sort out in my head what I want/ need. I agree with what Meeeeh suggested above, take a chance on a few of their basic lines to get a feel for what they have to offer. I especially love their t-shirts/tops and knitwear (jumpers, cardigans). ;)

In addition to JW Anderson and Ines de La Fressange, they also produce some unique graphic t-shirts and hoodies in collaboration with artists/ franchises (anything from Disney to Andy Warhol).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement