Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

That would be brilliant. There's some good sport on tomorrow (Munster and Ulster football finals, Liverpool v Leicester) but Judd v Ronnie in a big snooker final trumps the lot (pardon the pun). It really is a mouthwatering prospect.

True enough. Ronnie & Judd is the snooker Real - Barca!
    No Sky Sports here, and indifferent about Liverpool or Leicester. Neither of those GAA clashes are marquee encounters either - no Kerry, Tyrone, or Armagh teams involved. Without looking at the odds I'd say Cork and Donegal are both 2/5, or shorter.

I'll have a look now to see how wrong I am :pac:

Come on Ron!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

True enough. Ronnie & Judd is the snooker Real - Barca!
    No Sky Sports here, and indifferent about Liverpool or Leicester. Neither of those GAA clashes are marquee encounters either - no Kerry, Tyrone, or Armagh teams involved. Without looking at the odds I'd say Cork and Donegal are both 2/5, or shorter.

I'll have a look now to see how wrong I am :pac:

Come on Ron!!

You're right but the Munster final has the added significance of Tipp playing in their Bloody Sunday jerseys and all of the history of that. Hopefully Cavan can really put it up to Donegal but im not sure. And i'm a Liverpool fan and have Sky so all in all it's a good, lazy day plonked on the sofa. But Ronnie and Trump is the highlight for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The Northern Ireland Open in it's brief life has always given us a good/noteworthy final

In 2016 it was Mark King beating the Hawk
    2017 Mark Williams rebirth that led him on to the win in Sheffield at the end of that season
    2018 Judd started his march to dominance, and his world title at the end of that season
    2019 was Judd and Ronnie again in a tight one

You're right but the Munster final has the added significance of Tipp playing in their Bloody Sunday jerseys and all of the history of that. Hopefully Cavan can really put it up to Donegal but im not sure. And i'm a Liverpool fan and have Sky so all in all it's a good, lazy day plonked on the sofa. But Ronnie and Trump is the highlight for sure.

Snooker is always more enjoyable in the evening, esp on a weekend with lots of sports on. Hope it lasts till after 10 at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭champchamp

Anyone else's colour way off on eurosport?
    Pixellated balls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Haha

https://twitter.com/daveg147/status/1330409565695987719

champchamp wrote: »
    Anyone else's colour way off on eurosport?
    Pixellated balls?

No, my balls are fine.

Ronnie at this carry on of not conceding from a hopeless position against Judd now.

Ronnie at this carry on of not conceding from a hopeless position against Judd now.

Pure nonsense. And putting Judd back in for that swerve shot again? Bonkers. Judd on top early doors.

Eurosport 1 showing ski jumping now, is anyone else the same?

It is FTA on quest

• Advertisement

It is FTA on quest

Super, thanks Arthur.

Eurosport working fine for me.

Another poor shot from Ronnie he's definately under bit of pressure. Needs this frame badly.

Flukey fecker

Ronnie's 'Selbying' it :pac:

Gotta hand it to him - does his own thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

This is getting tiresome now.

Putting the cue in its case going into the interval. I'd wonder if the head has gone already.

Did the same in QF and SF. They can't hand them to anyone because of Covid stuff so back in the case is the safest place for the cue I guess.

Ronnie's well off his game here. He'd be doing well to get out 5-3 today.

All week he's been pressing buttons on his watch at the end of frames. Wonder what that's about.

• Advertisement

Gordon Bennett!!

These strange camera angles - close up, above, or whatever it was on Judd's missed red. John Virgo's guess would've been as good as mine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Never seen Ronnie this bad. This frame is like a local club game between two lads.

It's not good alright... Evening to come - surely has to improve. Hope the Rocket is in touching distance at 7, or he's toast.

Trump hardly setting the place on fire either though. Next frame is huge now. They all are from now on I suppose.

Judd seems to have Ronnie's number now. Ever since he hammered him in thhe Masters final think that defeat left a scar on Ronnie. He looks a little ragged today and the pressure seems to be getting to him.

That's more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Tremendous from Judd. Ronnie needs to get sh!t together. If he loses next frame I can't see him winning tonight.

Would've taken 5-3 in Judd's favour 2+ hours ago; Ron been that bad by his standards. Come on Ronnie. Get this frame, and you're still in the final...

• Advertisement

Wottar split!!

Advertisement