Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭josip

I emailed Northants traffic police with the link earlier.
    They might at least 'ave a word'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yeah, my wife is calling into the Garda station after collecting the kids.

Call traffic watch.

It's very hit and miss calling in, usually poor imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

josip wrote: »
    I emailed Northants traffic police with the link earlier.
    They might at least 'ave a word'.

Is that where that car is from? My home county ffs.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Is that where that car is from? My home county ffs.
    Any vehicle reg that starts with a K was originally registered in the East midlands/Luton area.

Any vehicle reg that starts with a K was originally registered in the East midlands/Luton area.

K with an M-Y second letter is from Northants according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Of course it could have been sold on anywhere else since.

I've learned something about UK regs today :)

K with an M-Y second letter is from Northants according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Of course it could have been sold on anywhere else since.

I've learned something about UK regs today :)
    Yeah, Northants is part of the East Midlands, A to L would be the southern end of the area including Luton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Worst part was indecision, whether to brake and pull back in
    or floor it , but probably still in top gear so looks like did a bit of both.
    Bus will have a cam as well so driver may have reported it.

He won't have. Drive a bus or truck on Irish roads everyday and incidents like this and worse are a very regular occurrence.

You quickly learn that reporting bad drivers, even the dangerous ones is just a waste of your own time and will also make you vey unpopular with supervisors and management due to creating extra work for them.

Something would have to be exceptionally bad to bother and as bad as that was it would only be a 5 or 6 on the crazy scale.

If it doesn't involve a collision, an insurance claim or a request from the Garda it's a fair bet it won't be downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

That could have been horrible, straight to the guards/PSNI with that one.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I won't post the reg in searchable text, but here's a pic of confirmation.

6WXPHwp.png

Mods can delete the embed if not allowed, but since the reg is already visible in Youtube I doubt if there's an issue.

Registration details
    Registered Near
    Northampton
    Local DVLA Office
    Milton Keynes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

One from this morning. Had I been a couple of seconds ahead it could have been a very different video.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bit of excitement on a bank holiday Saturday.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Always liked this guys videos, not the usual UK cam stuff where the car cam aggressively drives to help create a situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Always liked this guys videos, not the usual UK cam stuff where the car cam aggressively drives to help create a situation.

Nah - had to mute him, most of the clips are boring as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

He's like the David Attenborough of dashcams..!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Keep an eye on the light blue almera parked in the disabled spot. Traffic warden wants a word, driver moves off and stops past red light. Traffic Warden walks up to car, and he drives off through the intersection while the light is still red.

I presume this driver will be receiving further correspondence?

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the blue almera parked in the disabled spot. Traffic warden wants a word, driver having none of it.

Uh?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

fritzelly wrote: »
    Uh?

The traffic warden walked up to the driver to talk to him, and the driver broke a red light to leave.

I'm confused, what I see is a car that has passed the stop line and the wasp is buzzing around it before they continue to jump the red completely/

MarkR wrote: »
    The traffic warden walked up to the driver to talk to him, and the driver broke a red light to leave.
    That car had already broken the red light by crossing the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The red light jumping Almera had just pulled out of a disabled parking space to (seemingly) avoid the pedestrian traffic warden/parking attendant guy. When the warden followed him up to the red light Mr. Almera put the foot down. What’s confusing?

• Advertisement

You completely misdirected me to the wrong car - was looking at the car at the lights in the loading bay lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

fritzelly wrote: »
    You completely misdirected me to the wrong car - was looking at the car at the lights in the loading bay lmao

in fairness he did say the disabled bay rather than the loading bay

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The red light jumping Almera had just pulled out of a disabled parking space to (seemingly) avoid the pedestrian traffic warden/parking attendant guy. When the warden followed him up to the red light Mr. Almera put the foot down. What’s confusing?
    I was looking at the front view, not the rear view.

Isambard wrote: »
    in fairness he did say the disabled bay rather than the loading bay

Yeah but the blue looks almost silver and it was like a few secs at the beginning

Colours aside it's a bit disappointing when experienced thread members don't know their scala from their almera.

Colours aside it's a bit disappointing when experienced thread members don't know their scala from their almera.

or their Yaris from their Turbo perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

93ca02a19fc842db4ba44d09bdc30343.png

That is where he is parked and the parking dude is walking to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Now that is traffic enforcement!

I wish we had some of that where I live. Around here people park on the roundabout if they're going to mass or on double yellows outside the Garda station without any consequences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Some big hits in Australia this month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Some highlights from my journey of Cork-Dublin-Cork yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

^^^ seems to be pretty much the norm now.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I could clearly see the driver with head down on phone and came out faster than it looks.

Could have been a bad start to the morning.

anyone else spot the Elephant in the room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

anyone else spot the Elephant in the room?

caN't C anyThing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

caN't C anyThing. :p

My old NCT disc showed expiry of September 2020, yet was extended to January 2021 due to the pandemic.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Ridiculous overtake from the DPD driver - he squeezed that Nissan to the edge of the road.

https://twitter.com/YanisKyr/status/1388812227608784896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Damien360

obviously the Audis fault for being beside the truck in another lane when trucky decides he wants in

* cough *

Good god no, not again. That argument went on and on for pages. Did the mod delete it in the end ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

you know that was sarcasm right ??
    i remember that thread only too well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

My old NCT disc showed expiry of September 2020, yet was extended to January 2021 due to the pandemic.....
    but i think this one expired *before* the pandemic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

but i think this one expired *before* the pandemic?

Yes, and right around the time the NCT centres were running half arsed tests due to post lifts safety recall ;)

So no one could get full test at that time ;)

Edit:just realized it is now 2021 so it is pushing it a bit too far lol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This overtake was far closer then it seems in the video, he was about 2 feet away from hitting our car.
    He overtook between 2-3 cars on the hatch markings so it wasn't a legal overtake..outside of him nearly hitting me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Cabaal wrote: »
    This overtake was far closer then it seems in the video, he was about 2 feet away from hitting our car.
    He overtook between 2-3 cars on the hatch markings so it wasn't a legal overtake..outside of him nearly hitting me

/QUOTE]

Not hatch markings he crossed, solid line for you with broken for them means you are not allowed to overtake but they were once it was safe to do so.

Mind you, slight bend and brow should mean no overtaking on either side.

Yeah, not to say the driver was in any way right, but that’s extremely badly marked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

RosieJoe wrote: »

Not hatch markings he crossed, solid line for you with broken for them means you are not allowed to overtake but they were once it was safe to do so.

Mind you, slight bend and brow should mean no overtaking on either side.

They started overtaking prior to the broken line though,
    Anyway regardless, he's had a visit and points for his troubles

Cabaal wrote: »
    They started overtaking prior to the broken line though,
    Anyway regardless, he's had a visit and points for his troubles

How does the points bit work?
    I know the guards can suggest paying a visit to 'have a word', but I thought that any stronger action would require a case to be brought and you to appear in court to witness your vid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Only if the driver wants to contest it, otherwise there's no need to go as a witness.

there's dangerous driving and then there's people making errors. I think this was just a misjudged overtake, seems to me it started more or less at the start of the broken line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭bladespin

there's dangerous driving and then there's people making errors. I think this was just a misjudged overtake, seems to me it started more or less at the start of the broken line.

I think that's just plain dangerous, no problem with the lines or overtaking more than one other vehicle etc but the combination and on a curve/bend - it's borderline mistake/insanity.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Here's the road going North in 2009 ,only one solid white line.
    O.P was just about at the point where the two signs are up ahead
    travelling south.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.5758157,-7.3290424,3a,75y,55.76h,85.55t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s6_8ZNq9bv1CvGuDF3pMKWA!2e0!5s20090401T000000!7i13312!8i6656

Some roadworks done in the meantime , but a broken line there
    is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the markings are there could be fine. That road could handle a safe overtake there of a tractor or cyclist or a car

the guy went and overtook maybe 6 bunched up cars at the same time with no options in between them to abort. You can't judge road markings by stuff like that. He didn't have the view for a 6 car overtake.

broken lines are to allow you to cross into that lane not a license to overtake no matter what

• Advertisement
Advertisement