Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

tedpan wrote: »

WARNING don't watch if you're an animal lover.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

WARNING don't watch if you're an animal lover.

Apologies, I didn't realize that. Watched the first few clips and thought it was worth sharing.

Apologies, I didn't realize that. Watched the first few clips and thought it was worth sharing.

Defo worth sharing. I figured you hadn't watched it all the way through or would have put a warning in your op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Skip @5.00-5.20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The bit at 08:20 is what annoys me most about all these video compilations. The camera car being a pr1ck just to get a dashcam clip, it gets more and more obvious as time goes on, soon all dashcam videos will be the camera car doing something dangerous for the sake of Youtube views.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    The bit at 08:20 is what annoys me most about all these video compilations. The camera car being a pr1ck just to get a dashcam clip, it gets more and more obvious as time goes on, soon all dashcam videos will be the camera car doing something dangerous for the sake of Youtube views.

No they won’t. There’s plenty out there doing stupid things without anyone looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭micar

The cyclist is slow, but not slow enough to overtake safely.
    kenmm wrote: »
    But there is also traffic ahead so it would get them no where anyway. You can clearly see the accordion affect of the speed bumps, cyclist continues at an ave of (I guess ~25kmph) cars speed up and slow down for speed bumps, half the time there isn't even a car length between bike + car.
    People aren't trained to look far enough ahead and read the road so only fixate on the obstacles close by such as parked car, cyclists etc....

If they read the road then they would notice the lights or traffic ahead making the pass absolutely pointless.

Some drivers have a complete inability to look ahead of traffic.

There was a van ahead of the cyclist and time taken for that journey without the cyclist would be exactly the same.

Only this evening driving up Mobhi road came up behind a cyclist so I slowed down and didn't overtake. The lighs at the top went red.

Even though I had the opportunity to overtake the cyclist, i didn't. Whats was the point.

Person in a mini behind me wasn't not very happy kept flashing me.

The road opens up close to the top and I overtake as thd light goes green. We both turn left where the road splits into two lanes, mini driver floors it overtaking me only to come next to a set of red lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The smash into the barrier at the end makes it even better :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

What'll happen there? Sounds like it's Dutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

What'll happen there? Sounds like it's Dutch?

Video features at least one Tesla = definitely Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I never understand the logic behind brake testing a large heavy truck. 10 times out of 10 it's only going to end one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

bazz26 wrote: »
    I never understand the logic behind brake testing a large heavy truck. 10 times out of 10 it's only going to end one way.

Never understood this whole brake testing lark anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Depending on the laws in that country it could work out best for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

kenmm wrote: »
    Never understood this whole brake testing lark anyway..

Anyone that brake checks should be banned from driving, indefinitely. No exceptions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

donvito99 wrote: »
    Video features at least one Tesla = definitely Dutch.

It looks like a Tesla Model S, but also looks like it has an exhaust pipe :confused::confused::confused:

Where someone is caught break checking on dash cam they should be the ones found at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

M50 Rush hour during lockdown (actually 5.50pm, forgot to reset the cam clock).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭chooseusername

You're in the wrong lane there, blade.
    It's the M50, so you should out in the fast lane.
    At the very least in the middle lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

You're in the wrong lane there, blade.
    It's the M50, so you should out in the fast lane.
    At the very least in the middle lane.

Sure enough, there was a BM a fair bit back from me, sitting in the outside lane, looking very lonely, sat there (at a distance) all the way to my exit and beyond.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bladespin wrote: »
    Sure enough, there was a BM a fair bit back from me, sitting in the outside lane, looking very lonely, sat there (at a distance) all the way to my exit and beyond.

Every time I see cars like that in the outside lane of a fairly quiet motorway, I always have Paul Simon singing to me in my head;

"Hello Darkness my old Friend"

Dublin Dashcams gone again?

Dublin Dashcams gone again?

Maybe it was an April Fools?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Was getting a bit animated until I pointed out the stop line

The days are all running into one now, never even copped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I know videos will be thin on the ground for a while but the 2nd half of that could have been uploaded as a separate video. Cam driver sitting in the overtaking lane of the m50 for 3 minutes is boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

GBX wrote: »
    I know videos will be thin on the ground for a while but the 2nd half of that could have been uploaded as a separate video. Cam driver sitting in the overtaking lane of the m50 for 3 minutes is boring.

Whoever does them seem to have aspirations towards something entirely more artistic.
    I don't quite know if the ability matches the ambition, but keep it up! I have already watched all of the internet at this stage anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

GBX wrote: »

Forget about that. I'd say the music used in the first half is the greatest crime - far worse that any of the driving issues.

• Advertisement

Advertisement