Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Aiden - Saturday October 31st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »
    It was 5°c at around 8pm. Now it’s nudging 15°c

Can't beat a bit of warm rain, tipping it down here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

pad199207 wrote: »
    It was 5°c at around 8pm. Now it’s nudging 15°c

Was I imaging that it got so warm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lashing here in East Clare...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wind after really picking up in cork city in the last 15 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

The rain is beginning to incessantly drum at our windows here in the NW as the wind forcefully whistles through the rafters. It’s going to be a long night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Be grand.
    Always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Storm Aidan has arrived. Gusts are getting severe near Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Very wet for the last hour or so in North Donegal.
    No sign of the big winds yet, think they aren't landing until early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Oh wow, the gusts are extremely strong here in Cork city. A powerful one just woke me up. I’m nervous now at the thought that the orange weather warning doesn’t start here for another two hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

Aquals wrote: »
    Oh wow, the gusts are extremely strong here in Cork city. A powerful one just woke me up. I’m nervous now at the thought that the orange weather warning doesn’t start here for another two hours!

Glorious night in Dublin, lovely full moon and no sign of wind nor rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Woke me in Cork too - wind’s howling quite loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not too bad in waterford, blustery and warm. Few idiots have left bins out and 1 already gone over

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

dmc17 wrote: »
    I thought they named it after Dr Aidan Nulty

They did! It is a typo and they will never now admit to it! :rolleyes:

Well a "storm by any other name"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Can't sleep in Cork City
    Tis wild

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gone fair wild in East Clare now...

Deluging and wind rising out here. And feels much colder

Aidan is stamping his hobnailed boot feet.. Bad mannered oaf! NO consideration for folk needing their sleep.

All chaos here so if I vanish? Worry not.. Cannot get through to my family in Canada

Here they made a mess of my prescription and I have no pain relief.

I think the storm is going to be a welcome diversion and the least of my worries.

Stay safe out there. We are all safe here.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Wind picking up in East Clare at the moment can hear the sound of the lake about a km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Starting to get a bit lively in East Cork now. Cant sleep myself, up at table with coffee, rest of family in bed asleep, peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Started to rise here in north KILKENNY,our ping time is 5am-10am hope everything is ok in the morning, graces7 where in beautiful mayo are you.ive worked for years in mayo and my mum is originally from Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

After waking in East Cork now myself to howling winds, gusting right in off the coast in Ballycotton. Sounds like it's gradually picking up, also very mild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Winds picked up in waterford and started to rain again.

Looks like a right squall line developing east of cork running up the country

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The rain finally stopped.

I nipped outside to move a couple of planters to a safe corner for the impeding winds later.

It was strange. Not a breath of wind, perfectly calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Lashing and blustery in East Galway, the warnings dont kick in til 8am so its gona be intresting!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s been wild all night in Carlow and my 3 year old decided to get up at 4 am. Listening to the wind mixed with fireman Sam. Orange warning only kicking in now but it’s been a wild sleepless night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Winds have strengthened here, have to be a bit cautious with external doors, few heavyish periods of rain but mostly fast passing squalls now. Radar shows longer periods in an hour or so.. Galway city

Wildly erratic and gusty now. A silence then POW. Another deluge pounding in in

West Mayo offshore

Winds have strengthened here, have to be a bit cautious with external doors, few heavyish periods of rain but mostly fast passing squalls now. Radar shows longer periods in an hour or so.. Galway city

Doors! I have the old dog lead looped through the grab rail by the door and then round the door handle - and a huge rock behind the door..

And yes, just the hors d' oeuvres being served now.

JEEPERS! Such a gust just now! Startled!

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woken up by three strong gusts hitting the house in cork city, usually sleep through these

Edit: seems to be not constant, picking up and then dying for 10 mins And then picking up again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain just suddenly started here in meath, utter silence before that, no wind, no rain then the rain arrived and its real heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Consistent rain with gusts the past hour in North kilkenny.

Advertisement