Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullet HQ

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ObiTwoKenobi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

OK so Bullet are obliged to retain your data but not obliged to give you access to it without payment.
    I assume that is legal under the current laws? Just interested in any opinions out there.

For what it's worth my advice would be to get your data off the system (and also at regular intervals if you stay on board) for sake-keeping but they don't make that particularly easy. As far as I know there is no bulk dump for everything at once.

I asked them to give me access to export my data or I'd submit a request under GDPR. They gave me 2 days free access.

You can export everything in the settings. At least I think it's everything but I haven't verified it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've used FreeAgent (which is UK based) for about 11 years now.

I initially used it purely for invoicing (it supports Stripe & Paypal), but they have a full accounting system built in, which works great.

Recently I've had trouble connecting the BOI banking feed, and that has caused me to have to manually upload transactions, which is a pain, so I am considering moving to QuickBooks, but I'll probably stick with FreeAgent until 2020 accounts are completed next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

OK so Bullet are obliged to retain your data but not obliged to give you access to it without payment.
    I assume that is legal under the current laws? Just interested in any opinions out there.

Under GDPR, a company can charge a small fee (I think it's capped at 12EUR or something) to process a request. It's not widely known but it is part of the guidelines. However, that applies to an individual requesting their data.

As you would be asking for bulk export of your data as a business, it would depend on the contract and the terms in place. In theory, it should be free, as any well-designed system would have the ability to self serve and trigger a bulk export. The cost is minimal from the tech side. But if they had to do some digging and collecting, they could charge a reasonable fee for the export. The big question would be what is a 'reasonable' fee. Legally though, they could charge you for their time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Anybody having trouble logging on to Bullet since the new year?

• Advertisement

I can login but it brings me straight to the page to enter my credit card details as I've cancelled all payments.

It's useless now unless you pay them at least €320 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭fm

yes can't log on and no reply from them since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

John_Mc wrote: »
    I can login but it brings me straight to the page to enter my credit card details as I've cancelled all payments.

It's useless now unless you pay them at least €320 a year

Jeepers. The definition of ransomware. Free forever.... Hope you get sorted.

Jeepers. The definition of ransomware. Free forever.... Hope you get sorted.

Yeah it really is scandalous stuff. Luckily for me I've switched from contracting to PAYE so I'm not as dependent on it.

As a software engineer myself, I'm tempted to build a similar product that caters for the same user base that Bullet used to. I'd be nicer about it though and build a better product :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Yeah it really is scandalous stuff. Luckily for me I've switched from contracting to PAYE so I'm not as dependent on it.

As a software engineer myself, I'm tempted to build a similar product that caters for the same user base that Bullet used to. I'd be nicer about it though and build a better product :pac:

Plenty of grants out there if you do 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭onedmc

I figure they are looking to be taken over and need to get rid of costly underpaying customers to make it viable for a purchaser.

Also adding in payroll made it too complicated for a small company. Basic accounting features are easy to build but all the bells and whistles create the problems. Though it would be nice to see Irish VAT done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robbie1001

Same as, I simply went in to check an invoice and was logged out. Just put up a trustpilot review for all that it is worth. Shady stuff no better than a switch and bait / scammers / ransome ware site.

Yeah I left a review after seeing your post.

It says a lot that they still have "free" in their twitter byline. Says a lot really

Advertisement